TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

I think the Kingcrowne and the Aeon Wyverns (with those unique wings) are my faaavorites from this round, but all of the adult sprites are gorgeous <3 The Dark Lumina one looks great too.

Yay the adults are here! I love the Time adults. Still struggling to get at least one or a pair of them. sad.gif

Well, Corteo says there is a mechanic to the breeding (or rather that's is not luck-based.)

So there has to be something...

It's not the day/night cycle because people have gotten Dark Luminas during the day.

So, what is it?

Lunar cycles? Seasonal? Some arbitrary thing we haven't noticed yet? 

Well, my first guess was lunar cycles, but biome-based breeding mechanics (à la Coppers) is also an interesting idea.

ETA: Has anyone bred a regular Lumina since the day of the release? If not, that would point to lunar cycles...

Edited by walkinslow

The Kingcrownes have become quite elusive, haven't they? I see them even less than the Aeons now. huh.gif Although it could be they're spread thin because they're in all biomes.

The Kingcrownes have become quite elusive, haven't they? I see them even less than the Aeons now. huh.gif Although it could be they're spread thin because they're in all biomes.

I saw a Kingcrowne in the Alpine a couple of minutes ago, sitting there for several refreshes.

I also see Aeons once in a while, but I can't catch them. They're the only new breed I haven't got a pair of yet. sad.gif

I saw a Kingcrowne in the Alpine a couple of minutes ago, sitting there for several refreshes.

I also see Aeons once in a while, but I can't catch them. They're the only new breed I haven't got a pair of yet.  sad.gif

Really? Well that's good--I plan to hoard them so I'm hoping they're uncommon at most. ^^'

For what it's worth, I found that the competition to catch Aeons isn't as fierce in the Forest biome. I finally managed to get a pair there during to the 5min drops, and I have slow reflexes and a crappy touchpad. rolleyes.gif

Good luck to all those hunting still!

I think Lumina breeding might be affected by DC's lunar phases, but it's just a wild guess.

Oh, boy. That means we got a wait a head of us.

user posted image

The current phases are the moons is Waning Crescent for Aurax and Waxing Gibbous for Cirion.

When the eggs were released, it was August 21, Day 10 of the lunar cycle, when the phases were Waning Crescent for Aurax and Waning Crescent for Cirion. The next time we will reach those phases again will be September 22.

- So we will have to follow the breeding patter for a month to establish what the breeding cycle is if Luminas follow the lunar pathway.

At least, there's just two eggs this time.

I'm not doing that though.

--

Reference:

user posted image

(Where New = New Moon, WXC = Waxing Crescent, WXG = Waxing Gibbous, FULL = Full Moon, WNG = Waning Gibbous, WNC = Waning Crescent)

Someone has started a thread in Site Discussion to talk about Dark Lumina breeding theories. That might be a good place to discuss your ideas because it won't get mixed up with all the oohs and aahs about all the other new dragons. laugh.gif

Just got home from work. I might have been thinking about these new dragons the entire time I was there, lol. I'm liking the Dark Luminas more and more each time I look at them. I'm so glad they aren't just recolors of the Lumina's pose. My Dark Luminas are sorting after regular Lumina's in "breed sort" for me. Wouldn't *Dark* go before *Lumina*?

Just got home from work. I might have been thinking about these new dragons the entire time I was there, lol. I'm liking the Dark Luminas more and more each time I look at them. I'm so glad they aren't just recolors of the Lumina's pose. My Dark Luminas are sorting after regular Lumina's in "breed sort" for me. Wouldn't *Dark* go before *Lumina*?

It would if you sort by "dark lumina" but not if you sort by "lumina, dark". Since they are the same breed, it'd be nice if they sorted together, so lumping them as lumina, dark seems to be the way to go so they don't end up in the d's. JMO

Not sure how they're gonna behave on the encyclopedia and stuff, though (separate pages like xenos or same pages like gems?), so that could effect things.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oooh oooh oooh! Love the design of the Aeons visually--gorgeous colors, and those wings are totally awesome! Not as much in love with the concept behind them--I like good guy dragons, and non-interference in grim matters sounds rather uncaring... although perhaps it's the only way to make people learn? xd.png

The Kingcrownes are really, really pretty! Going to have to work them into some sort of lineage project. Hmm, maybe with male Antareans...? So glowy and bright!

Cute smol pygmies are cute and smol.

Hm, not the biggest fan of the new luminas. The lack of much new info description wise was disappointing, and the poses just don't do it for me (they make me think of the new Nilia poses a lot, actually, which isn't surprising considering the person). Bummer, as the original luminas are one of my favorite breeds. Ah well, I shall just keep loving on the normal sparklebrats and leave the luminatis to their nefarious purposes xd.png

The Almeralds are pretty, although based on how much I loved the S2s I don't go quite as crazy for the adults. Not so sure about the concept; I suffer from anxiety issues myself, and have had major depression at times, but an entire breed that seems to epitomize a mental health disorder seems rather odd.

Oooh oooh oooh! Love the design of the Aeons visually--gorgeous colors, and those wings are totally awesome! Not as much in love with the concept behind them--I like good guy dragons, and non-interference in grim matters sounds rather uncaring... although perhaps it's the only way to make people learn? xd.png

I dunno, time travel/seeing the future is one of those superpowers that has just never sat that well with me. There's so much responsibility and hello, terrifying butterfly effect! I think it just gives those with the power way too much power. If it was a power I had, then I would definitely just leave it be. I like a breed that thinks the same way. What's gonna happen is gonna happen. You could mess with it, but one way or another both good and bad things are gonna happen regardless. If you mess up one thing, you're just changing what the good/bad thing that's going to happen is, and who knows how far out that effect is going to ripple. I think it's responsible of them not to touch it. x3

As a fellow person dealing with depression and with some anxiety symptoms, I think the almerald concept is particularly well handled, and I could see a lot of people identifying with it or finding comfort/solace with the breed. o3o But that's JMHO.

As a fellow person dealing with depression and with some anxiety symptoms, I think the almerald concept is particularly well handled, and I could see a lot of people identifying with it or finding comfort/solace with the breed. o3o But that's JMHO.

I suffer from bipolar and I actually think the Almerald sounds a bit like me. I know dragons are dragons, but it's kind of nice to have one that I can relate to.

I want more Dark Luminas, but I can't decide whether to wait to breed my Luminas until I'm unlocked, or breed them now to the AP so others can get some lineaged Dark Luminas. Hmm.

Hmm...might not be fan of luminas, but I like the poses.

A bit miffed here. I hadn't been following this thread, so when I went and bred one of my more popular Gold Shimmer pairings, (3rd gen gold x lumina) to get some nice trading fodder, they gave me a dark lumina, to my surprise. I came here, saw the posts, and realized what had happened. Was bummed. lol.

Ah well. I need CB's right now, so I AP'd it. Next time I'll check here first. rolleyes.gif

Marvellous dragons and i want to cuddle the Pygmy's neck/chin like a cat.

And now we have green eastern dragons. wub.gif

Thank you spriters, conceptors and TJ!

Love all of the adults, but...

MAN, OH MAN! are those Aeon Wyverns the coolest thing! ^^ Gonna try to get a few more :3 I really love their summary. I think having control over time would be a very delicate thing, and I like how they're more careful about it. Don't let the humans/etc take the easy way out by finding these dragons, make them actually resolve it themselves (well, for natural disasters, that kinda sucks, but these things happen) And with the whole "predicting-the-future" thing, I'm still gonna call them Monado dragons; it's perfect xd.png

Do they have a BSA? I don't think they do, but I am so curious.

Edited by Natakiro

The Kingcrownes are really, really pretty! Going to have to work them into some sort of lineage project. Hmm, maybe with male Antareans...? So glowy and bright!

Cute smol pygmies are cute and smol.

Hm, not the biggest fan of the new luminas. The lack of much new info description wise was disappointing, and the poses just don't do it for me (they make me think of the new Nilia poses a lot, actually, which isn't surprising considering the person). Bummer, as the original luminas are one of my favorite breeds. Ah well, I shall just keep loving on the normal sparklebrats and leave the luminatis to their nefarious purposes xd.png

The Almeralds are pretty, although based on how much I loved the S2s I don't go quite as crazy for the adults. Not so sure about the concept; I suffer from anxiety issues myself, and have had major depression at times, but an entire breed that seems to epitomize a mental health disorder seems rather odd.

Its interesting, but the perennial "good guys" in Star Trek (the Federation) had strict non-interference policies. Granted, it was often ignored for various reasons, but.... the reasoning behind it was sound. And yes, it had to do with letting them find their own ways, and own solutions, and developing naturally as opposed to forcing a "Big Brother" solution onto them. Yes, sometimes doing nothing let horrible things happen. But look at how "interference" ah.... "helped" (actually, destroyed) various Native populations here on Earth. Even those (extremely few) with good intentions usually ended badly. Same thing in nature, where people try to do something good and end up doing grievous harm.... there are so many variables, how can you *know* that by helping person x, you won't be causing the rise of a brutal genocidal nation a few decades down the road? So, better to let people develop as they would, and learn from their own mistakes.

So.... My take when I first read Aeons was that they approach life with a philosophical / aloft bend instead of as Knights in Shining Armor or as Bad Guys.

And... you also have to take into account the nature of time, and its flow. CAN the Aeons see ALL of time at the same time? And can they see how interfering *here* would change variables x, y, z, and jjft? Can they know, beyond doubt, that they won't cause Unintended Side Effects that are far worse? What is the nature of "time" in the DC verse? Can the Aeons use their knowledge of the future to change the present, and having change the present does that mean they no longer see that future (and so wouldn't change it)? Are you looking at multiple timelines (parallel universes) that split off? Or do you have things like timeline orphans where you CAN travel back in time and kill your great-grandfather, but since you already exist you keep existing (even though "you" can no longer be born in the future). Though in Aeons case, you wouldn't be traveling.

Or, having seen the full depth and breath of ALL of time, do they realize that even the worst events are just a spec of dust in the huge flowing river of time, and that this, too, shall pass?

ACK! Stopping now. I've watched too much Star Trek..... And Doctor Who.... and tons of Science Fiction novels..... Needless to say, the whole thing with time, time travel, and predicting the future (is it one of many possible futures, or is there only one future possible? Can you change the future or is it fated to happen? can you only change a future, but the others will still play out?)

Ok really stopping now. tongue.gif

Ok no NOT stopping. If you want to read a great book about people who tried to do good but ended up doing terrible harm, read the Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card. It had psyonics in it that were "playing God": saving all of the human race from all misery, all death, all hurt. And in the end.... reduced the entire human race to far less than it could have been, into people unable to care for themselves (gotta read it again, its been a loooong time memory is foggy). The book is composed of a series of shorter books, the one I'm references is just one of them (forget which).

Cheers!

C4.

Hey, everyone! Here's a little more information on the Kyanites:

• They're sought after as pets due to their playful nature and small size, but because they hide in the ground and beneath large trees, they can be hard to come by. Demand for domestic stock far exceeds supply.
  • Their weak neurotoxin makes them ideal helpers in kitchens and cafés, where they can help kill rodents and other such pests.
  • Though they live underground, they're also quite able climbers, and occasionally venture into high tree branches to scout their territory for predators.
I actually didn't mean to make these dragons; back when we were working on the Brewing Up Mischief event last year, I was scratch-sprinting the Tanglebracken item, and I noticed the sketchy sprite I had looked like a dragon. So, rather than keep that as the item, I turned it into the Kyanite adult sprite, and started over on the Tanglebracken.

Aaaand that's all for now. They'll be fleshed out further in the encyclopedia at some point in the future.

Edited by PieMaster

Hey, everyone! Here's a little more information on the Kyanites:
  • They're sought after as pets due to their playful nature and small size, but because they hide in the ground and beneath large trees, they can be hard to come by. Demand for domestic stock far exceeds supply.
  • Their weak neurotoxin makes them ideal helpers in kitchens and cafés, where they can help kill rodents and other such pests.
  • Though they live underground, they're also quite able climbers, and occasionally venture into high tree branches to scout their territory for predators.
I actually didn't mean to make these dragons; back when we were working on the Brewing Up Mischief last year, I was scratch-sprinting the Tanglebracken item, and I noticed the sketchy sprite I had looked like a dragon. So, rather than keep that as the item, I turned it into the Kyanite adult sprite, and started over on the Tanglebracken.

Aaaand that's all for now. They'll be fleshed out further in the encyclopedia at some point in the future.

Well, I wouldn't complain if you wanted to give them andalusite and sillimanite sisters. =p

*pets her little kyanite pygmies and sticks one in the kitchen*

Eh, I like them as a standalone breed, but since I've got an interest in gems, I suppose anything is possible ^^

One small detail I forgot to include: I initially called them Sapphire Pygmies, but after the Sapphires were released, I changed their name to avoid potential confusion. I prefer the new name anyway, so it was probably for the better, haha.

ACK! Stopping now. I've watched too much Star Trek..... And Doctor Who.... and tons of Science Fiction novels..... Needless to say, the whole thing with time, time travel, and predicting the future (is it one of many possible futures, or is there only one future possible? Can you change the future or is it fated to happen? can you only change a future, but the others will still play out?)

LOL, same here. And time travel still gives me a headache. wink.gif

But I agree, if a species had the power to mess with time, I'd very much prefer them to leave it alone. So yes, Aeons are the good guys in my book as well.

ETA: Nice! Thank you, PieMaster! More pygmy lore is much appreciated.

Edited by walkinslow

Its interesting, but the perennial "good guys" in Star Trek (the Federation) had strict non-interference policies. Granted, it was often ignored for various reasons, but.... the reasoning behind it was sound. And yes, it had to do with letting them find their own ways, and own solutions, and developing naturally as opposed to forcing a "Big Brother" solution onto them. Yes, sometimes doing nothing let horrible things happen. But look at how "interference" ah.... "helped" (actually, destroyed) various Native populations here on Earth. Even those (extremely few) with good intentions usually ended badly. Same thing in nature, where people try to do something good and end up doing grievous harm.... there are so many variables, how can you *know* that by helping person x, you won't be causing the rise of a brutal genocidal nation a few decades down the road? So, better to let people develop as they would, and learn from their own mistakes.

So.... My take when I first read Aeons was that they approach life with a philosophical / aloft bend instead of as Knights in Shining Armor or as Bad Guys.

And... you also have to take into account the nature of time, and its flow. CAN the Aeons see ALL of time at the same time? And can they see how interfering *here* would change variables x, y, z, and jjft? Can they know, beyond doubt, that they won't cause Unintended Side Effects that are far worse? What is the nature of "time" in the DC verse? Can the Aeons use their knowledge of the future to change the present, and having change the present does that mean they no longer see that future (and so wouldn't change it)? Are you looking at multiple timelines (parallel universes) that split off? Or do you have things like timeline orphans where you CAN travel back in time and kill your great-grandfather, but since you already exist you keep existing (even though "you" can no longer be born in the future). Though in Aeons case, you wouldn't be traveling.

Or, having seen the full depth and breath of ALL of time, do they realize that even the worst events are just a spec of dust in the huge flowing river of time, and that this, too, shall pass?

Ok really stopping now. tongue.gif

Ok no NOT stopping. If you want to read a great book about people who tried to do good but ended up doing terrible harm, read the Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card. It had psyonics in it that were "playing God": saving all of the human race from all misery, all death, all hurt. And in the end.... reduced the entire human race to far less than it could have been, into people unable to care for themselves (gotta read it again, its been a loooong time memory is foggy). The book is composed of a series of shorter books, the one I'm references is just one of them (forget which).

Cheers!

C4.

Haha, time travel is so confusing, which lends itself well to gray morality areas too xd.png have you heard of the newest Harry Potter book? It features time travel a lot and raises a lot of questions in doing so, lol.