xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

So the wrigglers are full fledged fry and have now started swimming and seem to be eating to powder-formula stuff that I was recommended so that's a relief. I've got SO many babies, only four eggs didn't hatch out of the group.
69604457_422922958346922_610632323429721
Here's a school (this isn't even all of them)

I'm pretty happy with how things are going.

Edited by blockEdragon

Quite well. Already the teacher's pet, even though I can't read music. Next I'll be showing up to art class without being on the waitlist going, "Please teach me." This'll be good.

Edited by Sesshomaru

Well it's only noon right now, but so far the day has been fairly good. Didn't get overheated while doing errands despite it being 103 degrees outside, I was actually in a car that has decent air conditioning for a change. Deposited bill money at the bank so I don't have to worry about that for the next week (although I'll literally have only $13 in my account after bills are taken out...). It's officially 'get ready for company' time in my house, my stepdad will be here for a week-long visit in less than two weeks, so everything is getting cleaned/tidied/etc. 

Oh! Babies! I love them

I'm having a lazy day off work. Gonna go see family though.

@blockEdragon

That's pretty cool!  We once had a breeding pair, but we weren't able to keep their tankmates from eating the eggs(we didn't have the internet for a guide at that time).  Unfortunately they ended up getting killed when we had a bad ice storm and lost power for ten days(we didn't have a generator).

As for my day, I FINALLY got word from the warranty company that my new air conditioner should arrive Saturday.  I have not had air conditioning at my home for over two weeks now.  Thankfully my parents are letting me stay with them while this is going on.

Edited by Nectaris

I've lost lot a lot of the non-eaters (A little less than half the brood) which is always a bummer but the ones that have survived and are eating are growing and thriving.

No photo description available.

Edited by blockEdragon

so i had a pretty good day today.  took off work for my bday, had a massage, got a haircut, had dinner with hubby, my mom, and some of her friends.  now i'm catching up on all my email! LOL

48 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i had a pretty good day today.  took off work for my bday, had a massage, got a haircut, had dinner with hubby, my mom, and some of her friends.  now i'm catching up on all my email! LOL

Birthday!!! Happy birthday! :D

My day was the calm before the storm. The Northwestern Bahamas is preparing for the arrival of Category 4 Hurricane Dorian.

thanks Lagie! and stay safe! (like coming over my place for a little bit?)

It's pretty boring so far, since I just woke up. Looking forward to the sweet taste of decaf.

My day has been nice, I’m visiting my parents with my boyfriend and my fake-sister (a friend who is basically family since she’s been staying at our place so much) and we went for a long walk in a forest. Now we’re just hanging out and making dinner soon. 

Insanely busy. I left my home at 7:30 this morning and returned at 8:30 this evening.

mine was busy too! we left a little before 9 this morning and went down to Maryland for my nephew's birthday party.... but first (at about 12:45) we arrived to see the second game of his little league baseball double header.  they lost both games though.  but had a great time!  then we had a dinner for family and family friends, and some friends who are family.  we got back home about 10:45 tonight.

69886655_945119425838670_4139156976401645568_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmxuW73r5AF_PjqGMGAE-4NqYCnHJJLwtCH94HjzlhQ376z3e6bSbYwQbf9uURTTlAhSRs2qwgp_1gVZnrmAlcC&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ca466a3ddabfc0e3084f7abb9aa38995&oe=5E0A6E5C

The fry are growing fast, they've got little pectoral, tail, and dorsal fins now and are just kinda fish shaped at this point. They're devolving a yellow-ish color and are getting a little bit chunky. 

I don't know if it's mere exposure or just them being genuinely endearing but they're starting to look kinda cute.

Edited by blockEdragon

I'm not sure how long I've been gone but dealing with a lot of personal stuff and had to take come time away from the computer. Apparently a lot of time. But I'm back and my day has been doing very good. I'm just happy to be back on here and back on my quest to collect all of the different dragons available on this site. :3

Uhm, it's Friday 13, but up until now it seems like it is any other date and day than that ...

Suddenly too many people wants me to come work for them. What is going on? 😳

I don't know which one to pick to start working for, aaaaaah!

(so hmm, so far so good is what I meant to say. I'm a tad sick though, but I've made homemade medicine based on various herbs and such, so I already feel a little better)

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Hope you're not having too much bad luck today. ;) 

My day so far has been pretty boring/normal. Just reading a really long chapter in a giant textbook. 

My day today went very well, actually.

Had to go to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) to get some questions answered in preparation to change the registration on my car from my previous state to the one I just moved to. (Quick background, I'm still paying on this car - in the state where I bought it, the lender keeps the title until the car is paid off. In my current state, I need the title in order to register it, which involves the DMV making a formal request to the bank for a certified copy of the title.) Well, the newbie clerk at the info desk wasn't sure of the answer and sent me to a supervisor. The supervisor not only cleared up my questions, but also expedited getting my license changed over from the previous state. She saved me a good 45 minutes by not making me go back to the beginning and take a number!

This week has been way off for me. Monday I went to work with 2 different shoes on. Tuesday I couldn't get out of my own way. Yesterday I called my kids' schools and let them know they would be tardy for a dentist appointment....except that appointment is today, so I had to call them both back and correct that. Today...is a new day. 😕

The last few days my neighbors have been away, so I've been petsitting their cats. It's been fun because their cats are really friendly, and they have a cute kitten. ^_^

My day was *AWESOME*!!! Finally managed to go to work today after depression made it impossible for three weeks, and it was absolutely wonderful. Sometimes I get it in my head that they don't need me there, because the things I do are things others can easily do, but today I got a welcome-back card, cookies, and flowers!! Plus lots of hugs. Came home and cried HAPPY tears for a change! 

( @blockEdragon they are totally cute. Love the updates!)

@HeatherMarie That sounds amazing, I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get back out there after fighting depression. :D

My day today was just a normal day. There was very nice weather, though, so I took a nice long walk with my dog. I'm about to finish up my course work for the day. I need to write a peer review of a classmate's essay but I don't enjoy doing that. It feels mean pointing out their mistakes. :rolleyes:

@blockEdragon loving these fishie updates, keep em coming!

My day was pretty boring. Laid in bed with my dogs and went back to nostalgic websites today. Also studied a bit. Not as much as I should have, but a bit is better than not at all.

Alright guys, I can take a hint...Ya legit lovely folks ❤️

I'll stop being lazy and post an update.

70890703_971442169872190_69066849395933184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQk7oqnPmy6bmV1nXmqmS4SEMTC-lK9TcPgBpW6-jhzJE7-OOyRotb-sdh-a7aftbZTtMP9dDTuvh-i97bz1MhGe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=c6c736236b0c24b1e7ce067b6c21773f&oe=5DF3B33C

Some of em are getting pretty big, I've got about 25 total at a guess ( I think that's pretty good for a first brood) and while not all of them are growing as quickly as the one in the front all of them seem to be eating and more them are becoming REALLY fish-shaped every day. I don't know EXACTLY how long it will be before they look like actual angelfish but they're getting their dorsal/anal fins, have visible gills, pectoral fins and are becoming distinctly yellow so that's progress. I've seen photos of three month old angels that just look like miniature versions of their parents so they should start to look more like the adults soon.

Edited by blockEdragon