xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Today was a lot. I stressed about Christmas plans, because my familu decided to mix up the traditions, meaning I would almost completely miss the company of my cousins, which is the thing I look forward the most. I’m also quite emotional, because it’s my last week at my job before my contract ends, and I’m preparing myself for all the goodbyes. 

So, me and my bad time management skills have really messed up this time. XD I waited way too long to schedule my algebra final, so all the good time slots for next week were taken, meaning I have to take it tomorrow. In my defense, I was waiting to schedule it because my mom had surgery last week and I didn't know until a few days ago when we would be busy going into doctors offices. But I hadn't even studied at all for it yet, since I was thinking I would take the test Thursday or Friday and study next week. Yesterday I spent pretty much my entire day just practicing algebra stuff. Bad time management/procrastination part 2: I also waited until this weekend to write an essay so that's what I'm doing today. Luckily it is a relatively short essay but yikes why did I do this to myself.. So yeah, my day today and yesterday have been a lot of cramming and coursework. :lol:

Edited by Aqub

actually, today wasn't so bad... i was at my cashier job at a craft store, and i worked for almost 5 hours (4.75 hours) and it wasn't so bad.  busy, but time flies when you're busy! :) 

now i'm home and can plan with my yarn. :) 

I'm back.

Not that anyone will remember me, or care.

Been working for the past few months. Under a lot of stress right now, I almost had an anxiety attack when I finally got home for the first time in ages. I just got half an hour of sleep, have to leave in two days to go back to work.

That means no Christmas, I'll probably be gone for at least three months.

58 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I'm back.

Not that anyone will remember me, or care.

Been working for the past few months. Under a lot of stress right now, I almost had an anxiety attack when I finally got home for the first time in ages. I just got half an hour of sleep, have to leave in two days to go back to work.

That means no Christmas, I'll probably be gone for at least three months.

Welcome back! I hope you do get some kind of Christmas wherever you are. Lovely dog in your avi!

Good day, in spite of Christmas chaos traffic and forgetting I was house sitting from today! Even better, knowing I still have two more days off before returning to work.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Welcome back! I hope you do get some kind of Christmas wherever you are. Lovely dog in your avi!

Good day, in spite of Christmas chaos traffic and forgetting I was house sitting from today! Even better, knowing I still have two more days off before returning to work.

Thank you, I hope so too. Even just seeing a clear night sky or being able to get through sleep without terrifying nightmares would be a good present. Dog is my girl Blondi, the absolute light of my life and the only reason I have to keep living. A friend thankfully watches her when I'm gone, I don't have the heart to put her in boarding.

Edited by Blondi

The day isn't over yet, but I'll tell anyways.

Had lunch with my boyfriend at the central and now I'm heading to work (evening shift). Also bought some christmas decorations :3

I've been feeling so great after we started this ketogenic diet (low-carb diet) with my bf. Like nothing can't take my mind down. I wake up every morning and can't sleep no more because I'm so eccited for the new day. 

Well, seeing this made the end of my day just great...

Bj05XA0.png

Horse Phenomena is harsh. 5 years ago I did something really stupid on their site and they're still mad at me, apparently. Yeah, I get it, don't break the rules and you won't get in trouble and on their bad side. I'm a changed person now, and decided to create a new account to prove it. But, I guess they don't care; once you're banned, you're banned. End of story. We hate you. Bye-bye.

Ever saw something and had that ugly feeling in your chest and head? And then wanted to cry? Yeah, that's how I feel right about now.

Stressful. Have a lot of stuff to do because I have to help my mom after her surgery, and I have finals this week. I did really well on the algebra final on Monday after cramming the weekend before though! Also, I went in to sign up for next semesters' classes today, which went smoothly, so can't complain about that. Oh yeah, and I'm looking forward to the DC christmas event starting tonight. :D

I missed two flights because I didn't plan anything correctly and I've had less than four hours of sleep in the past few days.

Finally on another plane now, hopefully coming home before Easter but that's a long shot.

3 hours ago, Jelly_Doughnut said:

I got accepted into one of my first choice universities today!

I have an interview for the specific program in April

Congratulations, that’s a great achievement!

My day was okay, it’s my first day of Christmas holiday so I was actually a bit bored! I finished some presents, played games and watched TV. 

3 hours ago, Jelly_Doughnut said:

Awesome!! :D

So far I just slept a lot today, lol. Got up to take care of the animals at 9-ish and then just went back to sleep. XD I just have to put together a little powerpoint and take one more final today and then I'm done with my classes until next semester though!

8 hours ago, Jelly_Doughnut said:

congrats!!

i went to a Winter Solistice eve service tonight! it was a really nice service :) 

I'm upset. My mum bought me Pokemon Cards from Amazon for Christmas. Turns out, Amazon sent her USED Pokemon Cards. I went to open the package they were in, and the package was already opened, and the Booster Packs inside were already torn open. Already fearing that the good cards were taken, I looked inside anyways. Yep. Whoever returned these Booster Packs took out the good cards and put junk in the packs. I received 80% Energies and Trainers! Boosters are NOT supposed to contain 80% of supporting cards! My mum is contacting Amazon to resolve the situation, and I'm going to get something to replace this present, but still, I'm upset over this. I hate deceptive people. Amazon shouldn't have sold these to begin with, and the people who returned them shouldn't have been conning thieves!

I've had a pretty good Christmas today, here in Finland we celebrate Christmas a day earlier. Had dinner with mom, stepdad and his kids, now I'm relaxing at home all by myself again.

I'm really happy because I actually have one full week off work and have no plans until the new year! ^-^

It's been fun. I've had the same carol on repeat for hours now, because I'm insane and it amuses me :D

I had me a Merry Christmas. Got cool gifts. Ate good food. Hanged out with my family. Great day all around.

Low-key. Waiting to see if my crush wants to text me. My mom and I are about to babysit some Vizsla friends till midnight, so that's when the fun begins lmao.

I'm just here hiding out hoping that I don't have to go to my grandma's house today. Last weekend I didn't have a very good time there and I'm just tired of going places in general... all the Christmas celebrations were too much. XD 

I dug some books out from the back of the lowest shelves to see if there were any I can give away before we move. Found one whose title looked somewhat familiar. "Wait, didn't I buy this on Amazon just a few weeks ago?" So I checked my Amazon account and found out I bought the English version in 2012 and the German version in 2019. *sigh*

I'd buy a book about how to declutter my life, but I'm pretty sure I already have a dozen of those, too.

My day was great. My parents and my grandpa bought us a dishwasher for Christmas, so today my mom and dad came to set it up. We managed to do it, and it’s absolutely dreamy to just put the dishes in machine after using them instead of washing them by hand!! I’ve done that for 5,5 years, and I never want to do that again. 

Two of my friends also popped in for coffee, and it was so nice to see them! Our tiny apartment was very full at one moment with six people in here, lol. Now I’m just chillibg, even though I’m supposed to be writing job applications...