xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I learned I accidentally stole some chairs a while ago, and also apparently I never paid a bill I thought I had paid, but at least I just signed up for yearly donations for an environmental organization.

It was my first good night's sleep since my last panic attack. Here's hoping my peace and quiet continues.

@Confused Cat I'm very interested in the story behind accidentally stealing chairs. It seems like a hard thing to do lol. 

Tomorrow my mom and I are leaving for a 5 day trip, so today I have to pack... and I also have to try to finish as much coursework as possible. Not looking forward to doing either so I've been procrastinating all morning. 

Had a GREAT day so far, we’re visiting my s.o.’s grandparents and today we went picking for mushrooms and actually found a lot! 

Today was so-so. Had planned on going out to eat with my mom this afternoon but neither of us had slept well and I was feeling on the edge of anxiety. Instead I didn't really do anything, spent much of the day watching random YouTube videos. We did go out briefly to the dollar store and mom didn't really want to go in, which is actually good because that means we can take my dog and they can stay in the car while I do the brief shopping. Dog was hilariously excited and happy, which made me happy.

Pretty alright. Went to visit my brother and we watched some movies together. Other than that, it's been a pretty ordinary day.

I ate pizza. So definitely above average.

Today has not been so good. Mom went to church this morning and was once again miffed that I decided not to go with her. She picked me up after so we could go to the dollar store, but after *two* trucks nearly *hit* us while attempting to get gas, I was on the verge of crying so we ended up just coming home. Mom got mad at me for getting so upset, I got mad at her for acting like nothing was wrong with the *two* trucks nearly hitting us (my side of the car!). That was roughly two hours ago and now we are in that too-familiar 'silently still annoyed/mad, not really interacting much but acting fine when we do'. 

Today was... okay. I got a migraine yesterday evening and the pain/feeling still lingered on the back of my head all morning. I’m also a bit ill, so that didn’t help either. Luckily I have a week off from work, so I spent the whole day home reading and playing, and supporting my partner who is very anxious about a doc appointment tomorrow. 

Meh. Humans. Meh. Have to get up early tomorrow. Meh.

I had a proctored exam today for my Algebra course. I was really nervous about going onto campus to take the test but I actually did really well on it! :D

Well, my day was okay; except winter is finally on its way here. Since it only got into the upper to lower 50s, but some dummy had the stairway front door open and the air from outside was going down the stairs, under the small crack in the bottom of my apartment door and this was all day. I mean, it's 1am now; but....I CAN'T GET WARM NOW!

I'm even under my blanket, sitting in bed with my apartments furnace on 75°

>~<

Edited by Frosty_Giant

Today I carried all the houseplants inside today since it's going to freeze tonight. Now I have to write an essay, ugh. :(

I've been mildly sick for the past week, and today it randomly got much worse. Stuffy nose, headache, nausea, etc... So today wasn't all that great. Slept a lot, cried, cuddled with dog.

Welp, I just had a public confrontation with a random man at the post office. He was extremely rude, speaking on his phone and shouting at someone for "cutting in front of him" that I had to tell him he was being rude, and that he shouldn't expect to be served while on the phone. And after his defence was "I was just saying goodbye", I told him: "maybe you should, then" and he left the building. Hahaaaaa. Vindication!

Why is it that every time I've confronted rude men about their behaviour, they've immediately left the building? This is the third time now, at least. I guess theres something about a tiny ,feisty 5'3" teenage-lookin' person showing you up that just makes you feel awkward enough to leave. Works for me.

Eh...despite all that's been going on, it's been a pretty chill day.  Really, it's been like any other day for me - nothin' going on, just spending time with my bro on his weekly 3-day visit and just relaxing.

The weather's been getting colder. Two days ago, the wind was so bad that they cancelled Trick-or-Treating this year. But I got to see the Dia De Los Muertos parade the net day, as it was passing by our house.

Really lazy saturday today... We did cook some really good food with my bf and went to sauna later in the evening, but other than that I've really only been scrolling the internet & dc.. must have been those couple of glasses of wine we had yesterday. 

I didn't sleep well last night, so I spent the whole day feeling like a zombie. And of course it had to be the day we visit my grandma and help her out around the house, which would have been okay if I hadn't been about to fall asleep the whole time. 

Pretty boring. Shadowed my crush on Instagram; was really happy he's enjoying himself even though he's not giving me the time of day, as usual. My nervous system's wound tighter than normal, so sleeping should be interesting, especially considering my prescription's about to run out. Fun times.

The day only started, but I'm feeling really weak and like I was catching a fever.. I do have an evening shift starting soon, but I have a feeling I'm going to be really sick tomorrow.

I’ve had a horrible day. Last week I got UTI and got antibiotics to treat it. Today it came back. I have to actually go give a sample so they can determine the right kind of antibiotics this time, but I couldn’t make it to a clinic today and have to go tomorrow morning. This means that since it takes them two days to analyze the sample, I’ll get the results and medicine on Friday, which means I just have to power through the infection with painkillers and willpower. 

Because of all this I had to skip a work event this evening and also have to skip a meeting tomorrow morning to go to a clinic. We’re also supposed to go stay at a friend’s place this Friday, and I’m worried I’ll still be sick there. Also the recent antibiotics are messing up my stomach and my partner has the flu. Ugh. 

Today was rather relaxing, though we did go to Walmart this morning after my mom's doctor appt. On my 'to-do list' for this week was to do a backup on all my computer stuff, and I realized that I'd kinda-sorta run out of room on my thumb drives (my preferred method of backup). Like, they aren't totally full, but there is no longer any room for future-stuff. So went to Walmart specifically looking for a 32GB thumb drive, and found a 2-pack for less than what I'd expected to pay for 1, so I got that. So, I guess my day was fairly good. 

Had a pretty normal day today. Did some laundry and got some assignments done. Also took my dog out for a walk in the snow! It's funny because she likes the snow, but if the ground is wet from rain she never wants to go outside. 

A lot of up and down swings in the categories of Family, Work, Creativity, and Relationships.  It came to a close with a coworker asking if I wanted to go out sometime.  I don't know how to feel about that at all.   [removed a long ramble about relationship baggage and self-esteem]