xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I've had a weird day. Everyone else is already on holiday from work, so it's just me alone in the office. It's SO boring being there alone and I feel like I get nothing done. I came home, feeling okay, but at some point I got a super weird feeling and just felt aggressively bad mental-wise. My partner has also been feeling off for the last couple of days, so there we were, both sulking away in our own corners of the bed, not saying a word except me sometimes crying a bit. Then we just hugged, grabbed a blanket to wrap ourselves in and napped for almost two hours, which made us both feel a bit better! Now I'm watching WWC and chilling (go England)

So far? Groggy, not fun. But my day's just started, so there's room for improvement.

Tl;dr I had to fall asleep on Ativan last night. And a measly 0.5mg has made me basically drunk. Brain fog, slurred speech, the whole nine yards. I think the antibiotics I stupidly took for my sinus infection gave me horrendous anxiety, heightened my OCD and depression, and caused me to have panic attacks for no reason. Antibiotics also may have contributed to a candida overgrowth in my mouth. (I think the candida was already an issue, but the antibiotics made it worse.)

😒

I graduated today. I. FINALLY. GRADUATED. TODAY. I can't believe it! Dental medicine lasts for six years here in Serbia and I can't believe it's been six years of exams, practice and stress AND NOW IT'S FINALLY OVER.

Congratulations Silver Fox! That's a lot of schooling - it must feel great to be done with it. :D

For the Fourth of July, my family went to a rather disappointing restaurant that we picked because it was significantly closer to home than the ones we normally like, and because people with apparently low standards recommended it? :lol: It was really dirty and the waitress was neglectful of our needs.  And of course my mom and I started watching Stranger Things together when it came out, but yesterday we were too busy to finish it. We had to stop by the vet to get booster shots for two dogs, then spent the day at my grandma's house, taking care of her and doing chores for her while my dad grocery shopped. Today I just woke up very tired and we have plans again. I'm one of those people that kind of needs a recharge period after doing things in public, so I'm really not feeling the 'going swimming at my uncle's house' today.  Especially not if my aunt's niece and nephew are going to be there... They're teenagers (so near my age) but we don't have much in common and it makes me uncomfortable when they're around. Tonight we will be going to a fireworks show, so I'm looking forward to that! 

I know the thread isn't "How was your last three days" but... :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Aqub said:

Tonight we will be going to a fireworks show, so I'm looking forward to that! 

I know the thread isn't "How was your last three days" but... :rolleyes:

Enjoy the fireworks!

Weird not-so-good work week, starting with over 24 gloves found discarded on the ground on Tuesday (I work in an animal shelter; gloves on the ground are a very bad thing!), a fired-for-animal-abuse staff member back and working with animals on Wednesday, a flat tire as I arrived home yesterday, and one of my shop dogs was sick when I got to work this morning.

On the plus side, I have found only four gloves since Tuesday, the guy was sent home, one of my volunteers drove me to and from work today, and the dog was on her feet and wagging her tail again by the time I left work. She is staying in for observation overnight.

Had a pretty ordinary day, tomorrow's a real big day as I'll be starting my super long trip then. First I'll head a little westward to meet some friends and spend a few days with them, and then from their place I'll head north to visit my dad and stay at his place for a few weeks. Most of this day was spent on packing up all the things I need and trying to not get super anxious about tomorrow. :D Visited my mom to pick up some clothes and to greet our cat.

Thanks Lagie! The fireworks were really nice! :D Oddly enough, although the info said they would start at 9:30, they started much earlier. It was more like 9:15 when we got there and they had already started... It's lucky we got there early, or we would have missed most of them. The people who got there at 9:30 were definitely mad. XD

.... Well, I haven't cried today, so I guess that means it was a pretty good day. Went grocery shopping, I literally had 5 things on my list but somehow walked out of there with over 20 items, oops? Spent nearly all my food money, which would be a little worrying but I get more on the 10th. Spent roughly an hour cleaning out the standing freezer in my room, throwing away old frostbitten leftovers and such, it actually looked pretty good for a few minutes. And then got filled right back up to the top with the groceries I got. 

Today was nice, even though I was super sleepy when I woke up and just dragged myself to kitchen to work from home. I’ve been drinking a LOT of coffee today, and somehow I’m still tired. On the bright side, my holiday begins on Thursday and I’m so looking forward to that!!

I've been feeling a little sleepy today, but it's totally fine because I woke up semi-early yesterday. So far so good, though I'm a little worried about my dad since he hasn't been feeling too well today. It's probably just that he ate something bad yesterday, but I can't help but to worry.

Around midnight, my husband entered the bedroom: "Hey, I'm not sure if I should wake you up for this, there's a tilted moon? And maybe you want to see it?" Me: "Mrrmgrrrmmmll, I guess now that I'm awake anyway, I'll have a look..." And indeed, the moon was lying on its back.

With a little help from the internet, we did realize it was a partial lunar eclipse and not a crescent moon that had somehow fallen over.  ;) (And I normally find out about these things before they take place, but I guess I missed this one. I also officially confirmed that YES, it's correct to wake me up when weird things happen in the sky.)

I went back to bed and then I woke up at five because of back pain.

So that's how my day was, so far (7 am here): Not. Enough. Sleep. But lunar eclipse. Weird sky things are cool.

My day's been nice, I'm on holiday so I've just been hanging out at home, playing Sims 4. Yesterday we cleaned the whole house with my partner, so I've been enjoying that today, too! We cooked some delicious pad thai and went for a walk afterwards. 

Spent my Sunday running labs for eight hours (literally... I tracked my time) :/

Spent way WAY too many hours fighting with my MP3 player to get it to work... ruined a perfectly good RP session I was supposed to have with my friends because I was in no mood to write. Otherwise today's been... adequate.

well, driving in the thunderstorm that reminded me of a tropical storm was not fun.... but i was able to eventually get everything done that i needed to.  and our power flickered a few times, but it stayed on! yaay! so, i had a good day.

Posted (edited)

NOT GREAT so far. Food issues, then phone call with an insurance lady (because a different insurance lady had talked me into scheduling it a few days ago), and now of course she'll call again in two weeks to ask if I want to switch to their service and WHY NOT. Then my calendar that I programmed 10 years ago crashed, and I don't know how to reboot it because it's been running with no problems for the last few years and I don't remember all that perl and database and webserver stuff. I hope I copied everything important to my paper calendar... And in two hours some technicians will arrive to fix a problem with our stupid smart home system. (If you're building a house: do not add "smart" stuff. It's nice to be able to switch off all the lights from wherever you are in the house, but it's not nice when it stops working and you can't turn on the light in the bathroom because the light switch is connected to a computer instead of a lightbulb, and the computer just crashed. Especially fun when you have guests. "Uh, if you really have to go to the bathroom, I guess we have a flashlight...?") And I will probably have to talk to those technicians and tell them what to do. Or say "hello", at least. My life is so difficult. Okay, that last part was not that serious, because I'm aware my life is a lot less difficult than most people's lives.

Anyway I guess I'm currently annoyed at everything.

Edit:

Haha. Apparently, my calendar never crashed? After getting random blank pages on websites (e.g. just one of three photos hosted on the same site), I started suspecting that maaayyybee it was a browser issue, and disabled AdBlock Plus for 127.0.0.1. Now I have a calendar again.  :lol: 

I also realized one thing that certainly didn't help my general mood was reading some old documents that I found while I tried to fix that calendar. Sigh.

Edit:

Husband is taking care of the technicians.  :)  My day is getting better. And I received some samples of the thing I'm (hopefully) going to sell with my own business, and the color is pretty and just as I wanted it. I hope they got the other color right, too.

(... Am I turning this into a diary? Ooops.)

Edited by Confused Cat

So like most people in England (and I guess most of Europe?) I've spent the day boiling to death due to our heatwave :/

Not looking forward to tomorrow since it will apparently hit 39 degrees (celsius)....

I honestly can't stand the heat it does nothing but make me uncomfortable and gives me a constant headache the entire time.

5 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

So like most people in England (and I guess most of Europe?) I've spent the day boiling to death due to our heatwave :/

Not looking forward to tomorrow since it will apparently hit 39 degrees (celsius)....

I honestly can't stand the heat it does nothing but make me uncomfortable and gives me a constant headache the entire time.

This just happened where I live in Canada as well! The best thing about living up north is that nobody has AC (the houses here don't come with air conditioning) or electric fans so when the heat waves hit nobody sleeps for a few days.

We had unusually humid heat today, we usually have a 'dry heat' which is still horrible when it gets up to 106+, but add a ton of unexpected humidity and I felt like I was melting! Thankfully my work building has pretty good A/C, and I've given up on trying to fight my mom about the A/C temp at home in order to save money, it's just too flipping hot to limit the A/C. Other then that I had a good day! Took my dog for a car ride this morning since I needed to pick up my meds, and of course that made me all smiley-happy 'cause he looooves car rides and gets so excited. Which meant I actually went to work in a fairly good mood, and nothing happened at work to change that. 

Good day. Tech/dress rehearsal went well, and we're set to open tomorrow.

Though the man I'm in love with is being very distant at the moment.

today should be a good day.  the boss is out of the office. :)

So today for me was OK up until an hour or so ago when it got stupidly hot (38 degrees where I am currently) and thanks to the heat my Xbox actually overheated I guess because it no longer turns on :/....not that bummed about it since i've had it since 2014 so maybe i could use a new one but my copy of Destiny 2 is still in there and I cant get it out lol

It sure is pleasant that it's Friday today. I survived two days of having to wake up at 4:50am since the workdays started at 6am, and I think it was partly by the power of coffee. And I don't usually even drink coffee, but now I'm glad I did. :D