Natayah

Player Activities & Events

Go Breed Some Dragons While I Work on Making Sure I am Keeping This Thread Updated!!!

Edited by Natayah

To Be Updated - Erk my bad.. Not Topic front Posts, anyways.... I am back in working

Edited by Natayah

1. What is a Secret you are Willing to SHARE? Any Secret! But we need Something Secretive because we are going to be doing some Secrets Together for Fun!

*takes deep breath

Well, I have a few 2G dragons from Spriter's dragons as gifts :D

Also, I'm personally requesting 2G dragons with a Guardian of Nature parent from people that I know through PMS, but just am too shy to ask the others >.<

2. Is there Anyone Who had Returned Recently You are Super Happy to See Around Again?

I'm relatively new here, so idk I guess XD

3. What Thread(s) Need Some Love? Or Could Need Some Love? Or People Should Keep an Eye On, Follow, Consider Helping Out, or Just be HIGHLIGHTED

Just a small reminder, Secret Santa closes their application lists on December 21st, so only a few days left!

4. Sharing is Caring. You are already doing so much Sharing & Gifting in DC - Want to Share anything besides Dragons from either DC or Elsewhere? Share!! Or Gimme!!1

I share that the Discord server is as festive as the Forums in these few days! Lots of preparations and events going on, both IRL and DC. Wish you all the best, and stay healthy till the end of the year :D

5 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

1. What is a Secret you are Willing to SHARE? Any Secret! But we need Something Secretive because we are going to be doing some Secrets Together for Fun!

Also, I'm personally requesting 2G dragons with a Guardian of Nature parent from people that I know through PMS, but just am too shy to ask the others >.<

Hah, I do the same! It's for a very specific lineage, but it's just started XD Gotta go on hold for the holidays though.

2. Is there Anyone Who had Returned Recently You are Super Happy to See Around Again?

I'm so bad with names that I often don't really notice they're gone unless it's for a really long time and I start wondering "Wait, where's X?" and then I get sad. I don't *think* any of those returned yet, though. :(

3. What Thread(s) Need Some Love? Or Could Need Some Love? Or People Should Keep an Eye On, Follow, Consider Helping Out, or Just be HIGHLIGHTED - Give them Some Promo Love and we will Flock over there to share that love, support, and help out, or heck, maybe start participating and get regularly involved & Also Promo Them! 

Hm. How about you go to Suggestions and look at the *short* threads? Not always, but very often, they are the type of suggestion that just don't spark any controversy because everyone is like "yep, seems logical, so let's have it" and otherwise don't talk about (or in) them much. But that also means that they look like nobody is *interested* in them! Voice your support even for the simple things if you think you'd like them!

4. Sharing is Caring. You are already doing so much Sharing & Gifting in DC - Want to Share anything besides Dragons from either DC or Elsewhere? Share!! Or Gimme!! 

http://freerice.com

So If I thought I was "editing" the topic page, but was really editing a prior earlier post from earlier in the Holiday Events threads.... OH WELL TOO LATE... SO TO COPY MYSELF...

GO SUPPORT THE HOLIDAYKIN VALENTINE BREEDING AND BREEDING OTHER STUFF:

OMG CHRISTMAS IS OVER - IT IS 2019 - DID YOU BUILD A FORTRESS? VALENTINE PREP ALREADY?

THIS WEEKEND! BREED! Holiday Breeding Events : Holidaykin Mass Breed FOR VALENTINE-KIN (Or HolidayKIN!)

Secret Santa 2018 - Watch & Follow the Thread to Win Random Prizes/Raffles, as well as Sign up BE a Secret Santa (To Give & Receive), or to Help Out in Other Ways. One of the Favorite Holiday Player Run Events that Everyone Gets Excited About Every Holiday Season!

FEESH ND FLASH RAFFLES & GIVEAWAYS: FOLLOW & ENTER ONGOING FLASH RAFFLES & GIVEAWAYS FOR RARE ND PRIZES! Next Round in JAN - But Still Watch!

Spriter's Alts Raffle: Alternative Lives Raffle  - Follow for Ongoing Raffles Involving Spriters' Alt Lines to Win & Donate Amazing Prizes!!

GLITTERING GOLD GIVEAWAY - Some Time Away For the Holidays - Follow & Watch for Next Openings! 

IF YOU ARE BREEDING ANYWAY - HOW ABOUT SOME HOLIDAY TESTS, HOLIDAY PREP, BREEDING BSA'S & HOLIDAYKIN, HELPFUL AND LOVELY DRAGONS, AND SOME COMMONS, AND GRAB SOME FOR YOURSELF TOO!

Edited by Natayah

Questions for 2019 - I guess - I will be better at updating this Thread and give you some Questions cuz I was bad, But I'm also back to the healthy kick again, so - STILL HERE!

1. What New Years Resolution will you NOT be making? Because no one cares about your awesome resolution you are going to break. Let's just be honest.

2. What did you do for the Holiday Sweep from Mid November thru Early Jan? You can start from End of Oct if you want? Share multiple whatevers if you want!

3. What are you some of the things you are most excited when this Holiday Event Spree ends after Valentines, or at least a break thru January?

4. What are you most excited about our final V-Day Holiday Event? If not, IDK insert your own question of choice and answer it if you want.

5. So what things are cool or not cool about 2019? Whatever you like!

6. What are three of your favorite dragon breeds?

7. What are some of your favorite dragons to either checker, step variation pattern, or something you would NEVER pair together!!

8. Why Does Seven Always Ate Nine - But Never Eats Nine, because Seven is Greedy and NEVER Shares! Let's Shame Seven! Or if you think Seven is Awesome, Defend this Reprehensible Number!!

9. Since we Saved Nine this Round - Insert a Pun or Dad Joke/Kid Joke or Word Play or Something Like that. Or Talk About Someone who will NEVER EVER read this thread - Don't forget to tag them so they don't ever know you were typing about them in front of their faces! On a SCREEN with a KEYBOARD. And you thought my Lilac Pistol was Dangerous. Look, Lilac can be very intimidating. I paid an extra $30 for that shade and every female I have ever met LOVES that color. Don't make me cut you for not answering my question. Cuz I always bring a Cardboard Vorpal blade to every Gunfight. Don't turn this thread into the Wild West of Ninjas!

Edited by Natayah

Final V-Day Holiday Event? 😮 Hunh?

There's still time to enter the latest DC Photo Contest!

Hey There - Don't forget to consider keeping an eye out on the Photo Contest Posted Above by Lagie and consider entering, I'm sure there are lots of lovely tree pics you can pull out. If nothing else, don't forget to vote and share your love when submissions close!

Did you enjoy building your Snow Forts, and what did you enjoy about the Holidays this year? Answer the Questions Above!

I am doing some posting, and I hope to do some breeding for my dragons when I get my next day off. This shared computer thing is really a hard time, but the exciting news is while I'm back to my super focused healthy living, I am gonna make sure to stay active here, thank goodness for Holiday breaks - The work schedule from Xmas thru New Years and the days before just really took it out of me. I've also been working on life stuff, but good productive improving life stuff. But not leave DC life stuff. Just - If you wonder why there isn't as much breading by me, that is why for. I was glad to get my Holidays bred for Xmas, and am glad for a bit of a break so I have time to maybe do some V-Day Prep, or it will just up in the air again. I was so so happy for the extra few days on the Snow Forts 2, otherwise I would have an EMPTY fort. I was excited to get out what I did - you all made some really amazing stuff, I wish I had a bit more time cuz ... they were so pretty. You make such pretty pics, that maybe consider sharing your pics in our lovely DC Photo Contests ongoing!

Also with the January breather, at least a bit of one, we will have some time to rest and reflect and catch our breaths. So if things pop up, please make sure to post and share them here so we can get involved and send our love and support! And this is not the *FINA* V-Day Event EVER - although you can pretend if you want to make you more excited about it, I love starting funny silly crazy rumors - However - V-Day is usually want ends the Halloween - V-Day back to back to back to back Holiday spree that eats up several months. So close together that people mostly just breed and prep and do things to help celebrate the Holidays. Some Player events get put on hold, or pop up a bit less during this time because there is a lot going on from the DC team themselves that are TONS of fun! But we also get a lot of returning people, and sometimes we get to keep them a bit longer!

So if you feel the itch to do some random gifting, breeding, do a one-shot giveaway (Forums, Discord, wherever!) or whatever strikes your fancy cuz you want to take some down time to share the love with others, get inspired and go make a thread, and go post something. Or be a ninja and help out with some various gifting threads, breeding wish lists, or offer to breed some dragons you would normally reserve for very special things. Heck - Just post something in a random place as a giveaway, one or two way and pick a winner, whatever tickles your fancy, it doesn't need to be complex!

But if you see something, say something, or if you make something, share it here, so we can let more people know about it and come share the fun and spread the fun with others!

Hope your New Years is going to be exciting. My birthday rolls around in Feb, and all I can do these days is think of how I need to develop and entrench habits. Such fun exciting stuff. But I love being here, and I love you guys, so let's keep it fun! Because this Holidays Celebration via DC season will come to an end, and then our player events come more to the forefront, from Player Run Events and Activities, Projects, to more personal things like breeding projects and random gifting and the ongoing running and modding and administration of various Threads that make this Forum so great. Don't forget to keep involved with the Community, say thanks once in awhile, and let people and groups know you appreciate them! Happy 2019 or whatever part of the year if you are on another calendar system!

I would like to re-highlight a few things before I go to bed. I am off work tomorrow, so I plan on sprucing the place up a bit now that we are no longer pining away for Xmas, but are we starting to pine for V-Day?

Secret Santa: Secret Santa 2018 - Watch & Follow the Thread to Win Random Prizes/Raffles, as well as Sign up BE a Secret Santa (To Give & Receive), or to Help Out in Other Ways. One of the Favorite Holiday Player Run Events that Everyone Gets Excited About Every Holiday Season!

I don't know if you can still sign up to be a Helper, read the things, if you would like to breed things for people to gift to their people, but there are MANY people picking up fun codes, nice CBs, fun lines, and other things and offering them as a Two Way Trade so they know who it goes to with instructions it is meant to be for their Giftee. So if that is something you think you might find as a worthy cause to donate, consider that.

Also remember all the amazing Gifting & Breeding & Project Threads out there. Take a little time in between some down time and check them out to see if you can or want to help. If nothing else, keep breeding to the AP! LET'S KEEP THAT AP TIME LOW as it is gonna benefit EVERYONE!!

I know the "Valentine Holidaykin Weekend" is technically over, but is it ever NOT a good time to breed Holidaykin, and Holiday Lines? Try out some of those new combos from dragons you got. A lot of us have gotten a chance to stock up this year, or past years, on several CBs. How about taking some of those CBs, checkers, or other Holiday or Pretty lines and consider, if not breeding out a lovely line to be a gem to find in the AP or regift on the Forums or Chat Programs, why not breed them with some BSAs!!! Those much needed BSAs - Let's be honest, we'd take them in any shape or size at some point. Those BSAs are breeding really well tonight (not much else, but at least I got that!) I had a fun time going thru my CB Holidays and just shooting off some Reds, some Aeons, Some Purples, some Magi, or whatever else you wanna throw in the Mix. Those wards and Bolts and everything is going to come in Handy! And you just might inspire someone to start a new line, or just might help them reach their scroll goals for the next level or building up their BSA armies for the next round of Holiday upcoming Fun! If you are full of eggs already, what better way to keep on gifting!!

Also I posted some Questions Above, and I'd really love to see some of us show some love to the longtime running DC Photo Contest Lagie Posted Above. Consider submitting an entry, if not for this round, how about in the future??? And don't forget to vote and post some support! In fact, are there some other threads you love and want to show some love and support and have kinda gotten busy in the flurry of the Holiday Rush? Go visit them, consider linking them in your Sig, and don't forget to consider posting about them here too! People will visit them, and it is always good to promote and raise awareness of great Threads/Projects. Just - while you don't need to be shy, make sure they are OK with it. Most of them are going to be OK with it, especially if they are trying to start or do a something a bit different or special! Or just need some more people sign up and keep things going, or even just so more newer and growing players know they exist and come ask for stuff! It is all a big circle and a big community, and the more we share and support, the more we encourage, grow, and keep people around who we grow to think are just the best and we never want to lose them, unless it is for awesome IRL reasons!

SHARING IS CARING - Don't make me post an After School Special. I've had enough Stranger Danger to last me a few decades at least!! How about Anonymous Gifter instead?? Also known as GLOMP Gifting.... you could just randomly send someone, or have someone send on your behalf, something someone needs, wants, on their wishlist, etc. That is Stranger Awesome - And we need to encourage Sneaky Gifting just as much as outright gifting. Although that chance to make a personal connection is super awesome, I do understand why some people must stay behind the cape and cloak. They are the Heroes we need, and the Heroes we sometimes Deserve even if we don't think we do.

And thank you for all you've done to pitch in and help out this Holiday season, still ongoing, and I hope you had a great time, and enjoyed it, didn't get too overwhelmed, and if there is anything particular you want to share, or even if you are shy about sharing, share it anyway. It might encourage others to share. Sharing stories is just as important and sharing lovely things and kindness. It encourages others to do so. Our actions are what make people continue their actions. Inspire someone! Even if you don't yet know who you are inspiring! Write a Dragon Description, comment on some Art or a New Dragon, look for some new interesting breeding or gifting projects. Find someone who might be fun to send a gift to - if not now, in the future! Send a PM offering a free "Breeding Voucher" for a dragon of their choice (you can place limits). Who knows what might happen. You might win the Magic Lotto of Happy Feelings and Joy. Best Lotto to win. It often leads to winning life. At least winning DC!

I feel like a complete idiot, but can anyone remind me how to add the link to this thread from the pic. I have the banner in my sig, but no link. And yet I KNOW I've done it before. :blush::wacko:

3 hours ago, Justie said:

I feel like a complete idiot, but can anyone remind me how to add the link to this thread from the pic. I have the banner in my sig, but no link. And yet I KNOW I've done it before. :blush::wacko:

In the editor, double-click the image and it'll give you a popup with linking options.

The new DC Photo Contest is up!

Come and enter!

Many have been pitching in to Help keep the AP TIME LOW, while also taking the time to help breed some of the more common dragon breeds, the newer dragon breeds, the less represented dragon breeds (Drakes, Pygmies, Two-Heads), BSA/Hybrids & Other Special Gems to the AP - So Why Don't we Make this a Player Community Effort and all pitch in and make an effort to end January with BANG and get some of these dragons more representation, more homes on scrolls, and help those ratio things while keeping that AP time LOW! And everyone Benefits as we are getting ready to prep for the Upcoming Valentine's Day Events!
I made a list below of many of these dragons - if it seems too long, why not pick out your Top 10, Top 20, Top 30, or talk about some I missed (we know how much everyone loves Nebula, GemShards, and other Various Dragons that can random Colors and Alts!). Also, don't forget to send out some Holidaykin, some Holiday Testing, and grab your Holiday mates so you are ready for mid-Feb V-Day Events & Breeding! Finally, all of you have gems on your scroll with great lineages with fun codes, patterns, spriters alts, Thuweds, checkers, even gens, stairs, or other patterns and things that make these lines both lovely and special! Breed those too! Those are the ones I assume You are going to breed First!!
And Before Looking at the List Below, consider also adding a few comments to encourage others to breed the dragons we most need to see in that AP to help us ALL:
1. What are the Top 5-20 or so Dragon Breeds You Would encourage people to Breed - and if you are particularly passionate about a few, tell us why! Convince us to join your team and efforts!
2. What Dragon Breeds should people most grab from the Biomes/Caves as CB to either Keep and/or Regift/Drop to AP to collect to get those biomes moving if they have some extra time and open slots and will be away from DC long enough to justify this? And Why?
3. What are your favorite Dragons to Pair/Breed together for just "normal" dragons (aka Non-Holiday, this includes Pygmies, Drakes, Two-Heads, and all the other varieties, be them "normal" or "other")? What are your favorite Holiday Pairings? (Holiday x Holiday or Holiday x Normal Dragon - Try not to list more than 10ish)? Any favorite pairings or lines you are most excited about breeding or continuing for this upcoming for our Mid-Feb V-Day Event?
4. I have been really focused on living healthy, work and life balance. But I miss this place and want to be here more often, and plan to make sure I'm checking in at least a few times a week with new posts here. So what have YOU been up to and what events are we missing out on or other Groups we need to pay attention to??? Let's Share the Player Events! And when Feb ends - are there any Player events you are hoping to see pick back up again, get some more attention with our Holiday Event Spree finishing its run (for now), or anything you want to see more of - whether you do it yourself or want to see more of a particular type of event? Share it! Let's get that Attention and Sharing & Motivation & Encouragement rolling now so when March Hits, we will be ready to go full swing with lots of Player Run Events & Activities to Keep Us Busy!!

ARE YOU READY TO BREAD SOME DRAGONS?!?!?!?!

IMAGINE A REALLY AWESOME LIST HERE BECAUSE SOMEHOW THE FORMATTING JUST GOT MESSED UP SO I'LL FIX IT LATER AND MAKE IT SIMPLE, AND IN THE MEANTIME, JUST MAKE A LIST OF DRAGONS YOU THINK NEED TO BE ON IT, AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO ADD THEM! GOING TO SLEEP, WILL FIX IN MORNING.

Edited by Natayah

On 1/31/2019 at 6:53 PM, Lagie said:

The Photo Contest poll is open.

Please go and vote!
https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/184454-dc-photography-contest-157/

STILL TIME TO VOTE!!

Wow... WTF... Where did my time go?!?!?!?!?!?! To be fair, I've been stuck "sharing" aka hardly able to use a computer for a few months now... But I'm in always nicer shape, did some clothes shopping,  interviewed for a new department, that was a stressors however find out next week and it's mon through Friday and .... that would be nice and... it's Valentine's day almost and almost my birthday and almost time to hang out with siblings again and we have the new computers and I am gonna be around tonight so ... what are you all doing right now?!?!?!?!

Extremely Short Time Raffle - less than 9 hours left!

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Extremely Short Time Raffle - less than 9 hours left!

Everyone Go Enter, this was a really generous donation and The Dragoness is hoping for a good turn out so there can be a lot of people who get a chance to enjoy this. Share the love, because its fun, and because tis the season of loveliness and good things always come back around, but mostly, because it is a ton of fun and we want to thank the people who donated and the people who run events like this, even during the crazy Holiday Events themselves! Happy Almost V-Day!

The new DC Photo Contest is accepting submissions! 

Ok, I did get a second computer, start in a new department, and get weekends off, and get my evenings off so I was super excited about being around here more. I am not around here more. During the transition, somewhere, likely work stress related, some form of chronic migraine (or just a migraine that lasts for weeks) or tension headache or something kicked in, and I've been working thru it, but obviously, for those who are not aware, visual thingies can be really tough on my eyeballs. Especially CGI and TV/movie/visual media stuff, but I am super sensitive to everything right now so much so I am walking around with a pair of "computer eyestrain blocker lense" thingies strapped on to my glasses and look like a really bad pair of knock off oversized aviator gas station slide on "shades" in yellow. Totally styling, but it helps. So until I get into the doctor (unfortunately, has to be a neurologist), I don't really get to do much other than manage the pain with what I've got, train because they don't reschedule those things, and sleep in between. Still better than the previous department, which is probably what triggered all this, however, I don't want you to think I really have literally abandoned this thread without word or thought.

So please feel free to use it. I will try to keep you updated, but I keep away from the personal computers and phones as much as possible as it just doesn't help, and those moments where it doesn't hurt, there are a few more urgent things I have with very limited computer time. But Hey, at least I have a weekend off to sleep a lot? Hope you all are doing well, I promise it is getting better, so no need for sympathy, it will work its way out and is certainly a small price to pay for a much better deal on my work that doesn't make me want to stick pokers in my eyeballs.

Word of advice, maybe consider taking transfers to other departments BEFORE you need them so badly you are loathing most of the day. It helps prevent things like this. Or for anything in life, let go of it or move on BEFORE it becomes that bad, and don't just get lazy and comfortable cuz you gonna pay for it sooner or later. Listen to the hints in advance!

And maybe post something about the community, an event thingie, an update on you and your life, or how funny some dragon's mother smells. I'm sure they will take kindly to that.

On Tue Feb 26 2019 at 8:12 PM, Lagie said:

Well... voting is still open!

And the Ides of March brute breeding is coming up for those as like brute dragons. Let me find you the link.

Link!

Somedragon's mother probably smells a lot like the crab shells that were stinking up my aunt's kitchen this morning. Why she left them on the floor instead of putting them outside, I will never know. I am waiting for the water to heat up enough to wash the stench off my skin.

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...

Donate Some Spriters Alt & Enter for FREE in a few Days for the Alternate Lives Raffle to Win Rare & Beautiful Lower Gen Spriters' Alt Lineages & Breeding Vouchers & SHARE THE NEWS!

Edited by Natayah