TJ09

2016-03-27 - Festival of Eggs

I can't wait to explain what my two eggs reference. They're kind of obscure. So obscure that even my friend (who plays a lot of old games, mind you) didn't get the second one. :D

FACTORY FACTORY FACTORY FACTORY FACTORY!!!!

Great work, TJ & spriters, I'm having lots of fun, collecting all the eggs. biggrin.gif

But is anyone else finding that this year's eggs keep disappearing from their basket? ninja.gif

I click on an egg to collect it, and it goes into my basket. And I can see what I've collected so far. But then if I go back to it a couple minutes later, they're all gone. blink.gif I can see the previous year's eggs, but not this years. sad.gif

Then when another egg pops up, I click to collect it, and it jumps to my basket, and I can see this year's eggs again... then they disappear again. unsure.gif

I can't wait to explain what my two eggs reference. They're kind of obscure. So obscure that even my friend (who plays a lot of old games, mind you) didn't get the second one. :D

I'm right with you, though I guess I'm still a little bit surprised no one seems to have gotten my eggs' references yet nonetheless! There are a lot of gamers here...!

Slowly but surely I'm getting the eggs, though I keep getting distracted so my collecting is going a lot slower than some people who are already done. o:"

I've got 44 eggs and counting! Only 16 to go! wub.gif How's the rest of y'all doing?

Anyways, my favorite is probably the sand-colored evolution egg!>

Edited by PootisLooti

I think my favorite part, after finding them all, is finding out the stories behind the designs happy.gif Beautiful collection of eggs this year, spriters! Well done to all! thumbs_up.png And thank you, TJ, for continuing this tradition, it's one of my faves (even though I've only done it two years now xd.png )

Great work, TJ & spriters, I'm having lots of fun, collecting all the eggs. biggrin.gif

But is anyone else finding that this year's eggs keep disappearing from their basket? ninja.gif

I click on an egg to collect it, and it goes into my basket. And I can see what I've collected so far. But then if I go back to it a couple minutes later, they're all gone. blink.gif I can see the previous year's eggs, but not this years. sad.gif

Then when another egg pops up, I click to collect it, and it jumps to my basket, and I can see this year's eggs again... then they disappear again. unsure.gif

sounds like a cache problem, try clearing your cache?

Slowly but surely I'm getting the eggs, though I keep getting distracted so my collecting is going a lot slower than some people who are already done. o:"

I caught a couple before I needed to go to bed last night, but had church this morning, then family dinner, so I'm barely started. I did just catch one of mine though. I haven't seen anyone referencing it, unless they associated it with something I didn't recognize, which is possible.

One of mine references nothing at all, which is fairly obvious. One is pretty general but I'll be happy to explain what I was thinking when the time comes. The other one I'm wondering if anyone will get until I explain it. Probably not. Maybe if they live there.

And the fourth one, which I didn't actually sprite. (Love you forever, Odeen.)

sounds like a cache problem, try clearing your cache?

Ahhh, that worked, thankyou. smile.gif

All the eggs are wonderful, but I am disappointed in the number of Undertale eggs. I personally can not afford to get the game and all the references go over my head. It's so hyped and I'm sad that I missed out. And plus there are countless other things to go for so I suppose I just wish there was more variety.

I did jump for joy at the Pokémon egg. I literally was waiting for one every year I've been on Dragon Cave and it's finally here! It was a dream come true! xd.png Next up on my hopes and dreams are a Harley Quinn egg and another Doctor Who egg. wink.gif

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

Almost finish collecting the eggs! About 5 more left. This'll be my first complete set.

I'm really liking these eggs so far, especially the cats.

I'm right with you, though I guess I'm still a little bit surprised no one seems to have gotten my eggs' references yet nonetheless! There are a lot of gamers here...!

You know I love 'em. ;>

My basket is filled! smile.gif

Also, I've seen (and been able to catch, horray!) so many rares in the AP and biomes today. It's been such a good day for this!

Oh good heavens, if it think it's what I think it is, I just found the Papyrus egg xd.png "NYEH HEH HEH" *hides*

Do they really pop up in random spots? I've 3 so far, and all of them were found at the bottom of the main page... perhaps I'm not looking well enough?

(also there's fandom eggs? there MUST be an LotR egg at some point, pleasepleaseplease)

While most people recognised my Skyrim egg, no one has yet figured out the secondary reference I added to it tongue.gif

And you're definitely not alone in lacking time to find these x___x I've noticed either some people are really busy on Easter weekend or others not at all, depends on celebrations I guess.

Just wanted to say thank you for another fun Festival of Eggs. Odeen, I love your cat eggs as always! ♡ This also marks my daughter's first egg hunt on-site, & it's been fun racing each other & seeing what we catch next. Thanks to everyone that's been involved in this event!

While I don't get the second reference, bluesonic, your Skyrim egg brought a huge grin to my face, ♡♡♡♡♡ that game to bits!

Edited by Siliskor

I collected all the eggs today. Surprising considering I had a 5 hour drive in the middle of the day, but setting a timer and then hitting refresh before clicking on the new egg really helps it go faster.

Do they really pop up in random spots? I've 3 so far, and all of them were found at the bottom of the main page... perhaps I'm not looking well enough?

(also there's fandom eggs? there MUST be an LotR egg at some point, pleasepleaseplease)

they appear on whatever page you happen to go to, if you refresh after enough time has passed since the previous one. i usually look on the biome pages, as the pages are smaller so they show up easily, and you don't have to scroll down in case it's hiding at the bottom. i find a lot at the top of the page, in the left or right corners. as i'm refreshing pages often in the biomes anyway.

i love the kitty eggs. i still haven't got the one with balloons.

Edited by greycat

Call me old fashioned, but I like the simpler eggs so far: the bright orange one, the blue egg with the lily, the heartbeat monitor. Good job artists.

I agree. I really miss when the Easter eggs were about pretty designs instead of cramming all the references possible into them ): Things have just gotten more and more over the top. Its really not my style because it feels like all the eggs are competing for my attention and I'm not into most popular stuff so the majority of references just look weird to me. The art is nice, of course, but the subject matter just isn't my thing or doesn't make sense to me.

So far my favorites are the terrarium and the betta. They're beautiful and detailed while still remaining simple.

it doesn't bother me not knowing what the references are. they are all interesting anyway, though like fuzzbucket, i googled undertale, just to find out what the eggs were, after all the talk here. laugh.gif

i thought the black and white mask egg might have been a reference to the house of black and white in game of thrones, but apparently i'm wrong, according to something someone said here (sorry, i forget who).