TJ09

2016-03-27 - Festival of Eggs

LOL what is Undertale?

Maybe not knowing makes it more fun tongue.gif

On number 57 - very close now. Lots of very cute ones might be a bit biased towards the cats though

Undertale is a game. It's pretty unique in some ways and has a big fandom. I tried it a few weeks ago but got bogged down - I was enjoying the story and characters, but not some other aspects.

I would personally be happy with many more cat eggs biggrin.gif I'm surprised we didn't have a Neko Atsume themed egg!

I finally got all 60 smile.gif Thanks to all the spriters! I appreciate your work!

I'm super happy with how well my evolution egg has been received! Evolutionary biology is my biggest hobby next to art. The egg has 85 frames, took 8 hours to make, and was inspired by the
featured in the second episode of Carl Sagan's original Cosmos series (which is gr9 and everyone should watch the whole series).

Biologists unite! xd.png Wow, 85 frames, that's insane!! You're very talented, and extremely dedicated to your art Odie smile.gif The evolution egg was among my favourites as well.

I am honestly amazed at all the detail you were able to include in the Evolution egg, Odeen. Hoping to some day be able to do as well as that. Not just yours, but there's many, many eggs this year every year, really that are stunning.

Not a huge fan of cats personally, but they're super cute. The tabby one is well done - very sweet, as well.

~~

Can't wait for the wiki article, with the "Trivia" section listing all of the references. I'm a bit sad that I don't understand that many sad.gif

Edited by Areous

I'm super happy with how well my evolution egg has been received! Evolutionary biology is my biggest hobby next to art. The egg has 85 frames, took 8 hours to make, and was inspired by the

featured in the second episode of Carl Sagan's original Cosmos series (which is gr9 and everyone should watch the whole series).

Wow, 85 frames, that's incredible! Ha, and I think I remember the sequence from Sagan's programme. I loved Sagan's approach to open science to non-scientists. His books are great, too!

My other eggs are more straight-forward: the 3 cats surrounding a shiny blue egg is just a picture of my cats, Jasmine, Vitas, and Loki.

That's my second favourite egg! But all the cat eggs are great. smile.gif

51/60, almost there.

And yeah, the evolution egg is like my favourite. It's awesome Odeen, I am super impressed!

I'd better stay vigilant, I'm not even halfway there sad.gif

I dont understand what half the eggs are referecing/mean >~< but heeeyyyyyy their pretty eggs so what does it matter? tongue.gif

I think so far my favorites are the pokeball, the bird sitting on the egg one, and the half blue/yellow one with (I think) a dragon behind it smile.gif But all the eggs are pretty too biggrin.gif

I have to ask which spriter is still in the Xmas mood as I have always associated snowmen with Xmas laugh.gif

Hmm maybe it has something to do with the end of winter??

I wonder if you are talking about my kids egg. White bunny?

(even if you aren't, I live in the wonderful state that has snow one day, and 60f the next day with no snow.. One year, the ground wasnt thawed enough to plant anything until late june/early july!)

There's a snowglobe egg, Thu. With a snowman in it. Though I totally agree on the state of the weather around here. You never know whether it will be 60f for Easter or a foot of snow on the ground.

That little spinning rainbow smiling thing is still my favorite.

There's a snowglobe egg, Thu. With a snowman in it. Though I totally agree on the state of the weather around here. You never know whether it will be 60f for Easter or a foot of snow on the ground.

I've only got like.. 8 so far. Between me and the kids, there isnt going to be enough time for us ALL to get our eggs. But, we're trying.

(Our Easter started crazy cold, warmed up to beautiful sunny day on the lake, and then downgraded into severe thunderstorms with the big flashes of lighting hitting trees by the water. The storm on the lake was pretty cool, dont get me wrong, but Thu is a lightning rod and so hides in the house when the lightning is that close! Upside, while it was still sunny, I found a ring that had been missing a few years by the dock. Water was way too cold to actually go in to get it, but I tried tongue.gif)

I finally caught my Nuregami egg<3

And my satchel of beans <3<3

Edited by Tsukoyami

Upside, while it was still sunny, I found a ring that had been missing a few years by the dock. Water was way too cold to actually go in to get it, but I tried tongue.gif)

Congratz on the lucky find. Though of course the ice is barely off the lakes in our state, so you'd have to be a polar bear to actually go in and get anything. As a kid I tried it once. Brrrrr.

I feel the snowglobe egg is entirely appropriate for our climate. Though lightning bolts with the gently swirling snow would have been even better. We didn't see much lightning here except the huge crack of it that started the downpour. My son was trying to put some stuff he'd had stored here in the car to take with him and got soaked.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it on collecting all the eggs as I'm a little over half way done. Yesterday was super busy all day so I didn't get time to hunt until late in the day. I still have only found one of mine though. No one on the thread has commented on it, so it appears to be totally unimpressive. However, I still like it, so there.

Oww, I got few... thought I have more time. Pity, cause they are adorable <3

You have plenty of time, just set a timer, and grab them as you can. I often cant even start the egg hunting until day two (we have 5 stops minimum EVERY holiday, so day of events are highly frustrating). Most years, I've managed to get all of mine, but the kids end up missing some.

Got all 60, love them all, spec the snowman one wub.gif Thanks everyone who made them smile.gif

There are so many eggs that I love! I like the simple blue egg with the purple stripes. And the green and white egg with the flower! And the white egg with the hearts on it. There are just so many beautiful ones!

I just started collecting them but I must say, I love the Saitama one xd.png He is a perfect eggy lol.

Since other spriters are revealing which eggs they made, I will too:P

Okay, so these are my first sprites released to DC and I'm responsible for the yellow chick and the blue egg with a lily.

Their references are... um.. none ^^;

The chick egg - I decided to make a chick egg as when I looked at past FoE eggs and haven't found a single egg with a yellow chick! There was a duckling once and last year, as I found later, there was an amination with a tiny DC chick but that's it! Now we have a large chick FoE egg xd.png

curiosity: when I made the sprite I was unaware of that the egg should be more in the focus than just a bg for something else, and I had to switch the egg from the back of the chick to the front of the chick:D

The lily egg - well, my first FoE egg sprite attempt. No reference, just wanted to try to do sth else than a recolor and simply tried out spriting a flower, and I like the looks of lilies. That's it!

32/60. A little past the halfway point now. I cheered upon getting BB8 and the evolution egg is awesome~