TJ09

2016-03-27 - Festival of Eggs

Ahahaha!

That Pokeball! xd.png

Thanks so much for all those beautiful sprites! smile.gif

I'm a little bummed I don't understand all the Undertale references - and this isn't even the first place I've seen mention of it. Perhaps I should take a look into that game.

The Togepi, Terrarium, and Shiba are all my favorites so far biggrin.gif Missing a few still though.

Edited by Areous

That Witcher reference is my favorite  so far. Thank you artist who made it.

biggrin.gif *throws White Gull your way* Cheers!

Awesome, found the Shiba Inu egg! biggrin.gif

*Edit* hehe Got the sack of beans egg, or is it a literal "bean bag"? xd.png *hides*

Edited by FluffyPillow

So. Much. Undertale.

Really liking a whole bunch of these so far! Gonna have to play some serious catch-up business since the last two days have been so busy, I don't even have half yet.

I've seen an aquarium, a terrarium, and a snowglobe. The clear glass eggs with stuff inside are amazing! How do you guys get that much detail into that tiny image?

41/60 so far

Wow this is the first year I managed to collect all eggs. I'm so happy biggrin.gif

Thanks everybody for the lovely eggs

Just got home from a weekend with friends and forgot all about this... Time to start collecting x.x

Oh so beautiful.

I just got the shimmering rose pearl egg. That's so beautiful in it's simplicity. I'd like that to be an actual egg sprite in cave! Thanks spriter, whoever you are for that pearl!

Good thing we can at least have it in our baskets!

Edited by milkaq66

Eleven to go!!! My strategy is to just sit on the Easter page and refresh after 5-15 minutes.>

I'm just hanging around Marth's page and refreshing intermittently, got past halfway now =D Loooove the terrarium egg.

Although Easter is over, I hope everyone had a lot of fun!

Since this is my first Easter event on DC, please allow me to ask one question:

Is there any sense behind collecting these eggs? I already have all 60 of them and they are really cute, but do you get like a prize or something if you get every single one or are you just collecting for fun?

Even if so, I love the little animations! My favourite is the blue one with the chicken on top of it.

If this question has already been asked, I apologize.

I feel kinda bad for making an Undertale one but it's pretty simple. Personally I love the fact that there are 11 of them. My favorite being the Sans one.

Although Easter is over, I hope everyone had a lot of fun!

Since this is my first Easter event on DC, please allow me to ask one question:

Is there any sense behind collecting these eggs? I already have all 60 of them and they are really cute, but do you get like a prize or something if you get every single one or are you just collecting for fun?

Even if so, I love the little animations! My favourite is the blue one with the chicken on top of it.

If this question has already been asked, I apologize.

They're purely cosmetic - if you collect at least 1, you'll get a little Easter basket badge on your scroll. No reason really to collect all 60 except for the fun of it :3

They're purely cosmetic - if you collect at least 1, you'll get a little Easter basket badge on your scroll. No reason really to collect all 60 except for the fun of it :3

Thanks a lot!

its not that i hate the eggs or anything (undertale's one of my favorite games) i was just surprised to see so many of a single theme, i mean i dont think we've had 6 eggs all referencing the same fandom before in a single festival of eggs haha

This. I'm not complaining because I hate any of the eggs. Just so many from one theme, that I don't even get. But whatever. *shrug* I just think it's fun to recognize the different themes.

Eleven to go!!! My strategy is to just sit on the Easter page and refresh after 5-15 minutes.>

I love it when they appear on the AP. smile.gif

Only 2 more to go!

Yes! Two cat themed eggs and i am at 34/60.

I like the simple and pure eggs more. With too many animations the basket seems like a busy anthill. So confusing to look at...

LOL what is Undertale?

Maybe not knowing makes it more fun tongue.gif

On number 57 - very close now. Lots of very cute ones might be a bit biased towards the cats though

I have 42/60 so far. Yesterday was a very busy day for me.

I don't get any of the references since I am not a gamer. I wouldn't know if there were 10 or 30 Undertale references! Maybe it is better that way. wink.gif I just appreciate the work that went into making them. I personally prefer pretty eggs or cute ones like the kitties or the little purple and green baby hatching out of that spotted purple egg, but I am just amazed at the talent the artists display every year.

I'm super happy with how well my evolution egg has been received! Evolutionary biology is my biggest hobby next to art. The egg has 85 frames, took 8 hours to make, and was inspired by the

featured in the second episode of Carl Sagan's original Cosmos series (which is gr9 and everyone should watch the whole series).

My other eggs are more straight-forward: the 3 cats surrounding a shiny blue egg is just a picture of my cats, Jasmine, Vitas, and Loki. The kitten kicking the 2-egg with balloons on it was made for Loki's 2nd birthday, which took place on March 22. The tabby cat face egg I made in memory of Fiona BlueFire's cat, who passed away recently.