TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

Eastern New Jersey maybe. They're still extraordinarily beautiful but that Far East look and flavor of the old Silvers is not there.

New Jersey is not present in Valkemare.

Pretty. The Silvers look even more silvery and the Splits look like they've been working out 💪

Edited by Wiz

THE SILVERS LOOK SO FLUFFY

Not sure how I feel about the two headed ones yet.

Was chilling on my scroll when I saw something shiny... Turns out it was a shiny new Silver sprite ohmy.gif So beautiful~ And the Splits are awesome looking too biggrin.gif Must hoard all the Silvers :3 Many thanks~

Wow! I was totally shocked when I seen the Two-headed and Silvers suddenly looking so amazing! wub.gif They're absolutely gorgeous! The Silvers -wow! I love them even more now! And I was never a huge fan of the Two-heads, but dang! They look so much better now! I've been won over on them now. xd.png

The update is an epic win in my opinion! biggrin.gif Thank you for it! thumbs_up.png

Not gonna lie...I'm not all that happy with the new egg, mostly because I thought the old one looked perfectly fine...but oh well.

Otherwise, I'm really pleased with these updates. The new female is my absolute favorite. The adult male and hatchies will take a little getting used to, but still.

Overall, fantastic job to the artist! <3

Those splits look goddamn gorgeous. Now I'm having thoughts about trying to hoard them.

Agreed. I really got to get better lineaged ones now instead of my old messy ones that I never breed. They're stunners!

And the silvers look actually reflective like silver! xd.png Great update.

user posted image

(they're totally still eastern dragons).

user posted imageuser posted image

I don't know... they look pretty western to me with those cowboy hats...

Also, after looking at the credits of the new Silver sprites, it still says "© Kitoxa" ohmy.gif (Ignore this if that's supposed to be that way ^^; )

Also, after looking at the credits of the new Silver sprites, it still says "© Kitoxa" ohmy.gif (Ignore this if that's supposed to be that way ^^; )

A cat told me it was server side cache'd still. If I had a gander of when it would be corrected if not manually it would be the sever maintenance that usually happens every night in about 15 minutes...

Whoa- LOVE the new 2 headed sprites. The silvers... not so much... I like the eggs and hatchlings, really don't like the adults. especially the head/face on the female. but, oh well.

Edit - OMG TJ, you're hilarious =D

user posted image

(they're totally still eastern dragons).

Edited by Justarius

I really like the change to the Splits, they look great. Nice job spriter smile.gif

But I'm not keen on the look of the new male Silver. It doesn't look masculine. It looks like a blue version of the female which looks feminine. The male also reminds me of a ferret.

Edited by whitestar

Fun sprite updates ^^ I have always loved the two-headed so this will be even nicer =D

I just looked at my scoll and went "omg what is that mutant hatchling sitting there?!". It was my newest silver. *sigh* My fears dating back to the silver sprite update thread were realized, as I commemorated the event at the time with him.

I've got in the neighborhood of 135 silvers on my scroll, checkers with shadow walker, sweetling, yulebuck, and others. This is the end of the road for them and no point now of me going to the metalic trading thread. I never really liked golds and now I am not interested in shiny foo foo dragons.

You ask what is not eastern about them, they lost the sinous coils of their bodies. Scawny greyhounds now (or standard poodles). Check out the lineage of this eastern, good thing she didn't take after her daddy. I like my eastern dragons very traditional.

RIP my old pretty silvers.

Both of these updates are beautiful! Thanks to both artists for their work!

I understand the disappointment some have over the silvers. I had a lot of disappointment over the change with the golds when that happened.

For me, I didn't expect to like the change in them *this* much!

Mmph, not feelin' it at all with the new silver hatchlings. They used to be absolutely adorable with their little curled in, almost coy look. Now they look like lopsided... I dunno! Greyhounds? Mutant rabbits without ears? Lizards? I'm not sure, but those chests and heads are ENORMOUS compared to the rest of their body - I keep looking at the hatchlings thinking that they should be faceplanting into the proverbial ground at any moment. The chest, neck and head all need to be taken down at least one pixel width or the bottom portion of the body widened by a pixel width in order to balance out the sprite.

Two-headeds are nice, though. I'm liking that update all the way around.

EDIT: I think the main point of consternation for me is that the silver hatchling used to look like it was curling in on itself, cute and shy and all. Now it looks like a flat 2D silver blob with an enormous head and chest that's just perched there like some defunct statue.

Edited by Wends

You ask what is not eastern about them,  they lost the sinous coils of their bodies.  Scawny greyhounds now (or standard poodles).  Check out the lineage of this eastern,  good thing she didn't take after her daddy.  I like my eastern dragons very traditional.

The length of the bodies though changed very little between the old and new sprites. When you compare the body distance between limbs and head. The only change I've noticed is the female became longer with a longer neck.

I think the most major difference is the pose change in the male with his head held higher and his one leg lower. He's not as curled as he use to be. However, it's still the same body proportions.

By the way... LOOK AT THE NEW EGG SPRITE!

user posted image

Edited by Daydreamer09

I just looked at my scoll and went "omg what is that mutant hatchling sitting there?!".  It was my newest silver. *sigh*  My fears dating back to the silver sprite update thread were realized, as I commemorated the event at the time with him. 

I've got in the neighborhood of 135 silvers on my scroll, checkers with shadow walker, sweetling, yulebuck, and others.  This is the end of the road for them and no point now of me going to the metalic trading thread.  I never really liked golds and now I am not interested in shiny foo foo dragons. 

You ask what is not eastern about them,  they lost the sinous coils of their bodies.  Scawny greyhounds now (or standard poodles).  Check out the lineage of this eastern,  good thing she didn't take after her daddy.  I like my eastern dragons very traditional.

what does sinous coils mean? sad.gif I'm getting nothing when I google... I am a moron. xd.png

sucks that it messed up some of your lineages though.

tbh I think the males look great with green coppers and that the females look good with SW but haha I guess it's all personal opinion...

Edited by 626lavaheart

Holy crap they all look so GOOD. Legit needed this update, both dragons. And i seriously cant get over how /good/ they look. Kudos to the people who worked on the all!