TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

My Splits! Wow! I'm glad I didn't know this was coming because I would have worried myself sick over what the new ones would look like. But they are amazing! I will kind of miss the old hatchies -- they were just so dorky-looking in a cute way -- but I like the new ones well enough. The thing that worries me now is that collecting them may get harder with all the love I am seeing for them in this thread! xd.png I used to pretty much have my pick of them from the AP.

The Silvers -- if they had to be updated (and I still have not caught the update fever that seems to rage around here!) then I think these are probably one of the best of the options and I will eventually get used to them. It does change their look in lineages and I can understand the feelings of people who have worked hard to build lines that now don't look the same. I don't think people who don't breed lineages will ever understand how much even the tiniest change can alter the way a lineage pleases the breeder. The only lineages with Silvers that I have actually put a lot of effort into are females with Speckle-throats and males with Moonstone, and to me both of those still look good.

Edited by purplehaze

The split update is fabulous. The muscle and wing detail are beautiful. I might actually start breeding them now. I've never paid much attention to the species that only breed with a few others, but I want more of these.

The silvers, however, make me sad. And I get get sadder every time I open a lineage view. I've been a metal hoarder for years, collecting silvers especially, so I was afraid of this. They are too thin, and too shiny, and too washed out. And like others have said, the hatchies have lost their cuteness and look ready to fall. There goes what was one of my favorite sprites. This will take a long time to get used to...

Just saw the new silver hatchies, they look like they are about to fall over sad.gif

Edit: aw, don't like the new split hatchies either, I loved the cute pose they had before. At least the adults are awesome though.

What do people think are the other candidates for sprite updates? Stone, dorsal, vine, and red are the only ones I can think of (and I know there was an amazing redone red floating around--a lot like the split update, gorgeous but dead on in being similar to the old one). Nothing else seems in need of much updating.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm not a fan of the new silvers. The mane looks like the result of drying your favorite stuffed animal and the fur gets knotted, fluffy and stiff. I think many of my silver lineage lines are ruined now, especially my Alt Sweetling and Silver.

I absolutely love the Split update. Can't wait to start collecting more of those.

I like the Silvers too, but I need to adjust to how shiny they are. smile.gif The female is my favorite of the two.

Is there a reason I can't see the new sprites in lineage view? I've tried clearing cache, but it made no difference. huh.gif I'm reserving judgement on the Silvers until I can see lineage views with them. The new splits look great, Odeen has done a lovely job with them. smile.gif

Sad that my versions weren't chosen for either Split or Silver, but those new Splits are faaancy <3

Still not a fan of the Silver update, however, and probably never will be. They're shinier, sure. They're not... what I had wished.

But thank you Odeen and Lyz for your updates nonetheless~

: (

I love how optimistic people are about this at the very least. I for one will never get used to the new Silvers. Sorry to the artist, but no. Just no. They look nothing like the rest of the art on the site, which causes them to appear comical/goofy in a bad way.

I guess at least that's one less sprite I have to worry about collecting and breeding.

I feared the silver update. Hope I will get used to it. sad.gif

But on the other hand: I like the new two-headed. Great work.^^

Going to be honest, I'm not a fan of either update. I especially miss the female Silver. Her face was pretty and full of character, and this one just feels generic. Though the more I look at the sprites, the more they grow on me, so soon I'll probably love them (except the missing happy.gif on the female Silver). And the Two-headed looks, unfortunately, generic. My female Two-headed looks like she's going to crumple. And the wings look a little too bony and straight-lined...

Sorry, spriters. I wish I loved them more. unsure.gif

Really like both updates. The wings on the splits are amazing. And I was worried about the silvers because they are a favorite of mine but I like those too. I like the softer-looking fur on their backs; I think it's pretty. I am sorry that some don't like it though.

Great job, spriters!

I feel bad because I know a lot of work has gone into the sprites, but I really really dislike the new Silver sprites -- they look really out of place when seen with the other dragons on the site and the male Silver's body looks horribly imbalanced, and his fur on his head looks awkward. I'm quite sad because the Silvers used to be my favourite dragons on the site.

Love the work on the two-headeds though smile.gif

EDIT: I just saw the updated hatchling sprites for Silvers and... umm... at least it's kind of cute how it looks like it's checking its watch or something? xd.png

Edited by lazybug

The only thing I miss is the 'stronger' outlines of the silvers.

But all after all, they look like a more 'real' dragon based off of the old silver 'drawings'.

So many airquotes.

The two-heads look awesome and I might pick some up now! biggrin.gif But sorry, no, definintely don't like the new male silvers. And I'm upset because I carefully built up a pile of CBs for a checker than I think looks terrible with the update. dry.gif

They shine! Great!

The male looks very thin now, a bit more like the Eastern he's supposed to be: I don't hate him, I just have to get used to the new look. The female's face is a big improvement, I like her a lot more.

The Splits are fantastic! The heads are much more draconic.

I'm glad how the updates respected the original design, vs. the change that happened with the golds. My only comment is that the silvers don't seem to stand off the cave's background beige/brown as much any more to me.