TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I wish I had some reds so I could unlock my scroll. I want to hoard alot.png of halloween dragons since this is my first holiday on DC but its going so slow since all the eggs have 7 days and they hatch at 4. meaning it takes 3 days for them to hatch meaning I will probably on be able to get like 5-6 when this event ends sad.gif

same here. Fist event on DC and i want to have at lest 1 of all the Halloween dragons and hoard grave dragons but im on a bronze trophy and have only one usable red,which iv already used. so i think im going to have to wait till next year to hoard graves

why are desipisses(?) so rare?

Because they were only introduced last year, so there are relatively few of them floating around, whereas we have 2+ years' worth of the others being bred.

Here's a strategy I've used in past years to catch Halloweens: Have a couple of egg spaces open when the new eggs start dropping. Every year, some people panic and decide they have to have the new Halloween dragon RIGHT THEN, and they drop stuff into the AP that's incu-hatchable, or only has a couple of hours on its timer. Keep an eye out for those, grab 'em, and stick 'em in a hatchery once you've caught one. If you've timed it right, the AP egg will hatch while you still have several hours left to catch the new eggs yourself. It works best if you still have incubates left, because you can be more flexible about what you grab, but it can still pay off even if you're out of reds. As long as you get the timing right, the only consequence is that you have to wait a little longer for the new adults than some people. Which really isn't so bad in the long run.

I have plenty of reds at the ready this year, so I might try that strategy out this time around. ^^ Granted, my internet isn't amazing so I dunno if it'll work out very well, but it'll at least give me a couple slots to try a little code hunting. xd.png

I have plenty of reds at the ready this year, so I might try that strategy out this time around. ^^ Granted, my internet isn't amazing so I dunno if it'll work out very well, but it'll at least give me a couple slots to try a little code hunting. xd.png

It's a lot of fun, really. Instant payoff! I'm hoping some new users try it out too. I know I wish I'd thought of it my first Halloween xd.png

I haven't seen a mouseshroom yet, but have gotten all the other ingredients several times over. I guess I just need to be patient dry.gif .

Patience paid off, I finally got one biggrin.gif

Now I found a second! laugh.gif

Edited by casprrr

I'd just like to mention that I haven't bred ANYTHING yet, as I'm still waiting for people I'm breeding for to contact me, and that there are probably a number of people with a number of dragons to breed, still.

Additionally, I'm also saving breeding room, so there's a couple of dragons I haven't kept, multiplied by however many others doing the same.

So there will be more Holiday dragons bred at various point in the week and a chance for everyone to catch whatever sprites they're looking for.

Also, I hope that none of us will be missing out on that 58th sprite, and am kinda wondering if it's something enabled by a potion we've yet to come across?

If so, that would a sneaky, rotten and ebil thing to do, without at least giving us some hints, lol.

So... Anybody know if there are 57 or 58 treats?

Seems to be 57. I got my 57th an hour or so ago and have yet to see another pop up.

I'd just like to mention that I haven't bred ANYTHING yet, as I'm still waiting for people I'm breeding for to contact me, and that there are probably a number of people with a number of dragons to breed, still.

Additionally, I'm also saving breeding room, so there's a couple of dragons I haven't kept, multiplied by however many others doing the same.

So there will be more Holiday dragons bred at various point in the week and a chance for everyone to catch whatever sprites they're looking for.

Also, I hope that none of us will be missing out on that 58th sprite, and am kinda wondering if it's something enabled by a potion we've yet to come across?

If so, that would a sneaky, rotten and ebil thing to do, without at least giving us some hints, lol.

I've got some CB Desipis Dragons to breed myself! And a PB Shadow Walker pair. So yes, there will be lots of fresh clean eggs for everyone to feast on. xd.png

I still have a ton of CBs left to breed, as well. I mostly bred my checker lineages for the first wave. I think there will always be nice things in the AP!

I've also been waiting to breed most of my dragons. All my pumpkins have been bred, and three desipis, but there are five more desipis and all my shadows, marrows, lurkers, and graves still waiting. I like to spread my breedings out. Though given the glut of lurkers I've been seeing on and off today, I'm not sure if I'll breed those this season. There seem to be a lot of them bouncing around.

I think the most frustrating thing about this year's event is the potion ingredients- I keep finding ingredients that I'm not looking for or already have a fair number of. And sometimes, when the one I do want pops up, I end up getting an error message when I click on it.

Who made the Cauldron in the Brewing up Mischief Game? I'd like to use it to make an button, like the one in my Sig.

I think the most frustrating thing about this year's event is the potion ingredients- I keep finding ingredients that I'm not looking for or already have a fair number of. And sometimes, when the one I do want pops up, I end up getting an error message when I click on it.

I feel you. I find all the ingredients you can get at the Coast minus the Rainbow Water. I seem to mainly get Leeches... in fact I seem to get them more than any other ingredient...

Do potion ingredients drop roughly in the same amount of time as the Halloween treats? And does it matter the biome you click on first when searching or is it 'set' for a specific biome when it's time for ingredients to pop up again?