TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I just got my second batch of halloween eggs plus a second gen marrow hatchie that somone abandoned. I'm very happy with the lineages,they are all great. I already incubated and influenced all of them so now I just have to wait till tomorrow to add them in the hatcheries.

I think I got all the treats because they stopped dropping since yesterday.

Do potion ingredients drop roughly in the same amount of time as the Halloween treats? And does it matter the biome you click on first when searching or is it 'set' for a specific biome when it's time for ingredients to pop up again?

Didn't see an answer to this so I'll ask again.

Didn't see an answer to this so I'll ask again.

i think they come a little quicker then treats and yes, you need to be in a specific biome for certain ingredients.

i've now got ten killer tomatoes (catra tamca). tomato fight anyone? laugh.gif

and another pink scale wink.gif

i too wish we could trade. i'd send some pink scales to fuzzbucket.

Edited by greycat

Anyone know exactly how many trick or treats there are?

I think there are 57 because that's all I have and I haven't see any more treats dropping since yesterday.

Can I get anything besides a Pink Scale when I visit the Desert?!!?!?

Yes, but it seems what ingredient shows up is at random. It seems luck is against you, so you keep get pink scales, but refresh enough times and the others will show up...eventually...

Also, I guess no one knows who made the cauldron for the event, or they have yet to reveal themselves... Darn.

Can I get anything besides a Pink Scale when I visit the Desert?!!?!?

everyone got bad luck in one ingredient. ive only been able to get 1 pumpkin and sand dial for the past 2 days.

Has anyone gotten that 58th treat item? I heard there is some new moethod to get it. Just curious if it is really something to collect.

Has anyone gotten that 58th treat item? I heard there is some new moethod to get it. Just curious if it is really something to collect.

does it even exist? or could it possibly be the false "tj let out 20 extra treats last min" a few years back that caused panic.

There are actually two of them, depending on how good of a fisherman you are.  wink.gif

I am a good fisherman, Jack...

Figured it was time to hunt instead of fish, and checked the Currently Being Released page.

Oh, my heart, it hurts, but so good. thumbs_up.png

I thought the effects would at least last until halloween ended sad.gif

But seems they only last a day or less, there goes my idea of putting a effect on all dragons at once. Disappointing...

I managed to grab some decent 2nd Gen PB's but I am really struggling to find a 2nd Gen PB Pumpkin. Been searching for four hours now! :/

Have the ingredients stopped dropping? I've been on 10 minutes, gotten 2 treats, but the biomes give me nothing. sad.gif

i just got an ingredient from the forest biome.

Also, I guess no one knows who made the cauldron for the event, or they have yet to reveal themselves... Darn.

I will post the art credits (or have someone post them) soon. Wookieinmashoo made the cauldron. Isn't it great?

I really wish someone from the "mod squad" released exactly how long we have to wait in between ingredients. I know they said 5-15 minutes for treats some time ago, and I'm sure it's still the same, but do we have a count for ingredients?

Anyways, I've fulfilled my Halloween wishes...a 2G for each breed, of each gender, is enough for me.

I really wish someone from the "mod squad" released exactly how long we have to wait in between ingredients. I know they said 5-15 minutes for treats some time ago, and I'm sure it's still the same, but do we have a count for ingredients?

No one but TJ knows exactly how long. Experience tells me it's a random time between 2 and 5 minutes, but when I asked him if this type of event could be done and suggested that the ingredients should be more frequent than treats I didn't try to tell him a specific "this often" because he's TJ and will figure that out himself.

If you're wondering, yes, I'm the Event Coordinator. The whole "find ingredients, brew potions. Pick on our dragons" was my idea. Actually, my original idea was to pick on other peoples dragons, but this is more practical in execution and still lots of fun.

Of course the particulars were tweaked a bit in execution so the rest of the staff deserves a lot of credit for what you're actually playing. I'm very happy to hear so many of you are enjoying it.

fist time hearing about Hannibal is when someone mentioned that a treat was from it then today my mum got me the book Hannibal rising. what a coincidence.

Edited by eeveexgurl