TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I really wish someone from the "mod squad" released exactly how long we have to wait in between ingredients. I know they said 5-15 minutes for treats some time ago, and I'm sure it's still the same, but do we have a count for ingredients?

No one but TJ knows exactly how long. Experience tells me it's a random time between 2 and 5 minutes, but when I asked him if this type of event could be done and suggested that the ingredients should be more frequent than treats I didn't try to tell him a specific "this often" because he's TJ and will figure that out himself.

If you're wondering, yes, I'm the Event Coordinator. The whole "find ingredients, brew potions. Pick on our dragons" was my idea. Actually, my original idea was to pick on other peoples dragons, but this is more practical in execution and still lots of fun.

Of course the particulars were tweaked a bit in execution so the rest of the staff deserves a lot of credit for what you're actually playing. I'm very happy to hear so many of you are enjoying it.

fist time hearing about Hannibal is when someone mentioned that a treat was from it then today my mum got me the book Hannibal rising. what a coincidence.

Edited by eeveexgurl

Volcano, Fire Lily.

Grainy... I forget... It might be slow sand or sparkling lava. Desert and Volcano.

Edit: Confirmed it to be Desert, Slow Sand.

Edited by Nyxity

Which ingredients make the dino-changing potion? I want to see all of 'em realistic-like. The changed yellow dino looks really good, but the potion's faded and I can't remember.

I wish we recorded what reactions we'd already done. I mean, we draw scads of the same species dragon, you'd think the scroll keeper would be more diligent. :eyeroll:

One of my favorites: Dragon Orc-something and the Fire Lily.

I currently have 21 potions in stock. Just need another swirly shadow to get the last one.

Wiki it. You'll find the entire list and what two things makes what potion.

I will post the art credits (or have someone post them) soon. Wookieinmashoo made the cauldron. Isn't it great?

Thank you! It is great! Very well done! I wanted to use the cauldron to make a button, but I didn't know who to ask.

Also for people who need it:

There is a thread where you can discuss where to get ingredients & potion combinations, and a compaion Google Doc made with the thread that lists the ingredients, where they are found, the different potions and their effects.

@ k_sanyat

As a member of the Ghibli Tavern forum, I couldn't agree more... lol Go Kiki!

Edited by Husky51

i think they come a little quicker then treats and yes, you need to be in a specific biome for certain ingredients.

I understand that you can find ingredients for only their specific biome (i.e. Water lily and coast). smile.gif I was trying to ask if that the first biome you click is the only ingredient will pop up or if it's preset somewhere else (and that just happens to be the biome you click). Is it just coincidence that the ingredient is in the first biome you click?

I understand that you can find ingredients for only their specific biome (i.e. Water lily and coast). smile.gif I was trying to ask if that the first biome you click is the only ingredient will pop up or if it's preset somewhere else (and that just happens to be the biome you click). Is it just coincidence that the ingredient is in the first biome you click?

nope not a coincidence,the first biome you click on will be the only place you can get an ingredient. you wont be able to get any other ingredient till you have collected the ingredient from the biome you clicked on first. if that makes any sense?

Edited by eeveexgurl

For the past several times I've tried clicking on potion ingredients - no matter the Biome - I get a 'that page does not exist message' and a useless link to Google. I've missed out on several this way. What causes it and how can I stop it?

I've gotten the "this page does not exist" error a few times since the event started but I found the item to be attainable after a refreshing of the page. smile.gif

And a TOTALLY adorable SQUEE of thanks to whomever took the time and effort to make the ADORABLE gif of Princess Rene's Luna Ball....nicely done.Was actually my fave character from Sailor Moon cause she and the Luna Ball were such brats.*snicker*

For the past several times I've tried clicking on potion ingredients - no matter the Biome - I get a 'that page does not exist message' and a useless link to Google. I've missed out on several this way. What causes it and how can I stop it?

Yep, I've been getting that as well. It cannot be duplicates, because I just tried to click something -- looked like a very pale blue frond of some kind -- and I haven't seen it before. This is the second time it's happened to me, the first being with the little glowflies thingies. (Which I had already clicked once before.)

Also, it isn't caused by cookies or cache, as I cleared both and tried it again and it still came up with the error.

If you're wondering, yes, I'm the Event Coordinator. The whole "find ingredients, brew potions. Pick on our dragons" was my idea. Actually, my original idea was to pick on other peoples dragons, but this is more practical in execution and still lots of fun.

Of course the particulars were tweaked a bit in execution so the rest of the staff deserves a lot of credit for what you're actually playing. I'm very happy to hear so many of you are enjoying it.

Yaaayyyyyy THANK YOU for that!! Thank you so much for coming up with this wonderful event idea! It's way too much fun.

Some of these treat items are just awesome. I've collected all of them now, and I can't pick out a favorite. I love the frog, the bugs that light up, all the different cats... I even really like the spider on the web, even tho I'm terrified of real spiders. And that opening and closing eye, awesome! I also love the jars of.... body parts.... even tho I can't tell what two of them actually contain.

The ingredients are pretty dang awesome too. The expression on the deadly tomato gets me giggling every time I see it. The Gem Lily Plant was sprited wonderfully. The mouseroom is too *cute*!

What I'm saying is, THANK YOU to everyone who made this event possible!! It's so much fun!

nope not a coincidence,the first  biome you click on  will be the only place you can get an ingredient. you wont be able to get any other ingredient till you have collected the ingredient from the  biome you clicked on first. if that makes any sense?

I don't think that's right. I just came back to get something from desert (I WILL get a pink scale if it KILLS me) and nothing was there. So I clicked on all the others and ended up with MORE icicles... That's been the way of it every time I have come back to try coast YET AGAIN.

Except when I get an hourglass instead....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well I'm enjoying it so far.

Good job and thanks to all involved in making the event happen happy.gif

I'm loving this! Some ingredients seem rarer than others, but it's always great finally finding one, making a new potion, and watching something crazy happen.

I'm curious, though; after this event, will we get to see the potions we used and what effects they had on our dragons? The potions we didn't use? The ingredients we collected? I want to hang onto something, but I'm not sure what it will be.

Having loads of fun, though.