TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I have a red potion with white spots that I can't use on any of my dragons. I managed to use the one for balloons successfully. But I don't know what this one is for. Dinosaurs perhaps?

I keep coming across ingredients that cause an error and thus are not collected. I know of two that keep causing it are there more? This is sort of annoying.

Ok, I am glad to know that it isn't just me who's getting an error... With me it's sort of random though, like half of the time a certain ingredient would collect, half of the time it wouldn't, it happens quite often, so I am pretty annoyed by now. Anyone knows if this is something I do or something going wrong on the site itself? I tried two different browsers(Safari and Chrome who do not share a webkit) and it is happening in both sad.gif

I have a red potion with white spots that I can't use on any of my dragons. I managed to use the one for balloons successfully. But I don't know what this one is for. Dinosaurs perhaps?

Yep, that's for dinosaurs.

Aww yiss, I finally found Monkey Cups to create the potion for Mints! It's great. biggrin.gif

Ok, I am glad to know that it isn't just me who's getting an error... With me it's sort of random though, like half of the time a certain ingredient would collect, half of the time it wouldn't, it happens quite often, so I am pretty annoyed by now. Anyone knows if this is something I do or something going wrong on the site itself? I tried two different browsers(Safari and Chrome who do not share a webkit) and it is happening in both sad.gif

its the ingredient in the coast right i keep getting that one too, stupid error xd.png

Yep, that's for dinosaurs.

Aww yiss, I finally found Monkey Cups to create the potion for Mints! It's great. biggrin.gif

Thank you. smile.gif

I have used that potion on two mints already. smile.gif

I have a lot of potions but I don't know which dragons I should use them on. Eep! >.<

I haven't gotten any potions yet, but hubby has - when you click on it, any dragons that show up are ones you can use them on.

He brewed a potion and was only able to use it on his crimson flare pygmies, and we were all astonished at the results:

http://dragcave.net/view/XUL2Z

He asked me to post it for him so everyone can see how gorgeous his little pygmy is, LOL.

i think this one's going to get delusions of grandeur!!!

EDIT: He just went to forest and saw what looked like a pine branch, it gave him an error when he tried to collect it. went back to forest, saw the pine branch for a split second then it turned into a flower he collected.

so thinking there's a pine-branch-looking thing out there we can't get. Using Chrome, windows 10.

Edited by daba555

Thank you. smile.gif

I have used that potion on two mints already. smile.gif

No problem! ~

I'm planning to get another Monkey Cups, so I can give my another Mint some potion too. I also can't help but adore their expressions during the potion effect - makes me think they'd say something like "No need to call me tiny now!"

Anyone else have a hard time resisting the urge to kill your vampire dragon after giving it a potion to make it sparkle?

I know I did.

...my poor vampire!!!

LOL, I do have to laugh, though. xd.png That WAS clever.

Oh god, the irony xd.png I gave a Mouseshroom/Sparkling Lava potion to a Crimson Pygmy named "You Were Different Yesterday" and he turned into a Royal Crimson dragon. lmfao

its the ingredient in the coast right i keep getting that one too, stupid error xd.png

Unfortunately for me it happens with different ingredients, like I've had it at least 10-15 times by now, so you can imagine how frustrating it is, since I can't predict if it's going to wrong or no. And then once it fails it's gone, I can't refresh the page and get it again sad.gif Really hope it gets fixed! I also seem to be getting a lot of the stuff from the same biome, like in the past 2 hours I think I was only getting stuff in the jungle, but not sure if this is a bug or a feature xd.png

So does this mean making zombies is possible? Or is that only on Halloween?

Only on Halloween day.

So does this mean making zombies is possible? Or is that only on Halloween?

What everyone else said. But you should still kill a dragon ahead of time during this week. (That sentence that just came out of me sounds so terrible. "Should kill a dragon." Still broke my heart reading the death message given when you kill a dragon. unsure.gif )

EDIT: Also, be careful naming your dragon. If the revive fails and the Zombie crumbles, the name you had on it prior will be lost and you can't use that name again. So try and name them after a successful Zombie attempt. (DragonLady86 corrected me about this--thought before you had to name the dragon before killing it. Thanks Dragon!) So I have a gravestone named 'Vicious Cycle' and 'Bound for the Undead' right now.

Remember that killing it won't always work! So hopefully you gathered some messy lineages or AP eggs early on for this event. smile.gif

FURTHER EDIT: Edited my edit because I had some false info in there. D'oh! Sorry!

Edited by PixelShark

Don't do what I did lol, I'm a noob and tried to revive the dragons immediately after killing them. Only to remember afterwards that you had to revive on Halloween. Now I only have 2 dragons that haven't been revived yet. Oh well, there's always next year.

Applying potions to chickens doesn't do anything I think, just a heads up. I used only one.

Which potion did you try to use?

What everyone else said. But you should still kill a dragon ahead of time during this week. (That sentence that just came out of me sounds so terrible. "Should kill a dragon." Still broke my heart reading the death message given when you kill a dragon. unsure.gif )

EDIT: Also, NAME YOUR DRAGON BEFORE KILLING IT IF YOU WANT IT TO HAVE A NAME! The name will stick and you won't be able to name it anymore after it's dead. So I have a gravestone named 'Vicious Cycle' and 'Bound for the Undead.'

Remember that killing it won't always work! So hopefully you gathered some messy lineages or AP eggs early on for this event. smile.gif

You can name/rename zombies. DO NOT name ahead of time because if the body crumples to dust you can't ever get that name back.

You can name/rename zombies. DO NOT name ahead of time because if the body crumples to dust you can't ever get that name back.

Oh seriously? That's something I didn't know. I'll edit that post so no one gets confused. Sorry!