Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

Did some angle math since it seems they don't change at predictable times like lunars. Today they changed between 19 to 23 degrees difference. I made an approximation for color based on gold moon position using 20 degrees of difference, though it may be something like 22.5 degrees instead which would increase the size of the overlaps slightly. Moredata needed. 

Screenshot_20230716-020232-476.png

This graph is a prediction of what colors are available, based on progress of the gold moon.

Edit: since I missed the exact time they swapped yesterday, I'm hoping to see what time they swap in 7 or 8 days, going by this cycle. If it's right on an hour then it's either 22.5 degrees to change, and if it's some random even minute it's possibly 20 degrees. Assuming TJ didn't skew the clock by several minutes.

Edited by Shadowdrake

D0/64:BG D1/65:BG D2/66:G   D4/68:G
D5/69:G D6/70:G D7/71:G   D9/73:G
D10/74:G D11/75:*** D12/76:B D13/77:B D14/78:B
D15/79:B D16/80:B   D18/82:B D19/83:B
D20/84:B D21/85:BG D22/86:G D23/87:G  
  D26/90:G D27/91:G D28/92:G D29/93:G
D30/94:BG D31/95:BG      

**D75: I forget to record, I only sure it has blue according to trading hub, not sure gold available or not, but I'm very sure D85=4/8 is both colour.

Okay so today is D95 and I tried to record the Market's change. I didn't check them in a specific hour because I can't do things regularly, and you could see I missed some days. But according to some previous records, seem like their colour turning points in D2/3, D10/11, D20/21 and D29/30. (Turn around 10 days.)

I have no ideas/theories why they turn like this and not sure their if they only turn at 8pm. (And need to confirm how they drop in eclipse.) Need more data.

Edited by D-wing

so. i don't know exactly when the change occurred, but i just unexpectedly bred an eclipse sonata, and confirmed they're in the market. were we expecting the full moons to coincide this month?

8 minutes ago, miaou said:

so. i don't know exactly when the change occurred, but i just unexpectedly bred an eclipse sonata, and confirmed they're in the market. were we expecting the full moons to coincide this month?

as far as I'm personally aware most people assumed the Eclipse to be some time next month? but it seems that assumption wasn't correct (which is fine)

(now to pray my Reds get off cooldown faster...)

Color me surprised.  I've been watching the time reference page and it says NOTHING about an eclipse right now!

Me too - snagged two in the market. 

They disappeared T-T was going to breed all of mine to dump in the AP and got an Aurax instead :( 

So somehow this is at least a month earlier than predicted??

It really doesn't say anything about the eclipse...in the moon page

ETA: Aaaand the ones available in the market changed back to blue, but the one I got from the cave didn't! So guessing it was a short lived glitch

Edited by Eiren

Nooooo, I was so happy when I saw people trading Eclipse Sonatas and came here just to confirm the timing was right for breeding, but now they're back to gold and blue 😔

Well, the two I bought have stayed silver - if they change back I want my shards back !

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, the two I bought have stayed silver - if they change back I want my shards back !

I edited my post to avoid confusion! I didn’t get any from the market, it was meant as ‘the ones offered in the market at the moment’ went back to blue 😊

I think the system usually lets us keep the glitch ones even after everything goes back to what it is supposed to be, for which I am very grateful.

LoL glitch again! I missed the party but as least they'll back next month... Congratulations to everyone who got the silver! (not sure if the moon page change after D98 or 99? Should have a shadow to point out the eclipse)

Edited by D-wing

Nooo! I miss it TAT. I already save up just for the silver (forget others, I am too poor for them lol)

(Immediately bookmark the thread and follow the topic to not miss it again)

I really hope, that those Eclipse eggs won't be available during such a short time frame only, which is in the middle of the night for me. oO

Thank you for your research!

Cheers

Seriva

3 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I really hope, that those Eclipse eggs won't be available during such a short time frame only, which is in the middle of the night for me. oO

Thank you for your research!

Cheers

Seriva

When they dropped the last time, it was few days before and after the actual day of eclipse( at least 3 full days, if my memory is correct) This drop was rather short because it was an accident, I think😊

Edited by Eiren

I got so alarmed when I saw people asking for Eclipse Sonatas in trades, because I've been checking the time and date page pretty frequently to see if it would say an eclipse is near, and the last time I did was only a few days ago. I wonder why they suddenly started dropping, and for such a tiny window... obviously some kind of glitch, but I'm curious how it happened.

36 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

According to the first eclipse, all 3 colour will available in Day 126 and 127, Day 0 and day1 only silver would drop, Day 2 is the last day that 3 colour available. I think we have enough time to catch 15+ silvers in eclipse? Thanks TJ they didn't drop only one day.

3 minutes ago, gayrurumon said:

I got so alarmed when I saw people asking for Eclipse Sonatas in trades, because I've been checking the time and date page pretty frequently to see if it would say an eclipse is near, and the last time I did was only a few days ago. I wonder why they suddenly started dropping, and for such a tiny window... obviously some kind of glitch, but I'm curious how it happened.

I'm curious about it too! I think it is as least the 2nd glitch for silver? And the glitch didn't synchronization with the moon page... interesting.

10 hours ago, Eiren said:

I edited my post to avoid confusion! I didn’t get any from the market, it was meant as ‘the ones offered in the market at the moment’ went back to blue 😊

I think the system usually lets us keep the glitch ones even after everything goes back to what it is supposed to be, for which I am very grateful.

Oh I got that - but there was a fab time once where golds were up there for 200 shards and several of us bought them - and they were taken away as it was a glitch. For a glitch like this (if it was a glitch) TJ might see the solution as being to change the colour - but I wouldn't have bought the others, so...

@TJ09 - can you please clarify, not so much the timing if that's a secret, but whether this was a glitch ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh I got that - but there was a fab time once where golds were up there for 200 shards and several of us bought them - and they wee take away as t was a glitch. For a glitch like that TJ might see the solution as being to change the colour - but I wouldn't have bought the others, so...

Ah, didn’t know that. Can’t even imagine gold being 200 shards even if it was a glitch! Wonder the part of the difference is that it wasn’t quite obvious this case was a glitch?

Edited by Eiren

OMG. 2 weeks to go. If each tick mark on the diagram is a day then both moons will be inside the umbra in 14 days and the eclipse will peak in 15 days.

Screenshot_20230831_225813.thumb.jpg.69814c9d6d8e53d844c340bfc90830be.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

oooohhh, i checked the clock and im so glad i did!!! now i just need to remember to actually grab some sonatas during it..