Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

6 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I really need to make an excel sheet for the Sonatas.

I've managed to catch 2 and they were both golds.

Also of note, the moons seems to be moving more frequently than the normal phase change.

Screenshot_20230509-173608-135.thumb.png.9381caffa3f67a01e6701c91a1546ef5.png

Maybe hourly? 

Someone check in an hour!

It could also be daily at Midnight or something.

It's moved a bit:

Somewhere in the release thread, someone mentioned that TJ stated in discord that the moons are always moving, or something to that effect.

Qfmsfff.jpg

So slowly inching along?

Screenshot_20230510-000826-293.thumb.png.d697966900ebf50e9e4d4c84e2e58a68.png

It's really hard to tell with Aurax, but Cirion has definitely moved.

Maybe by 8:00 pm today, it will be the full lunar eclipse.

I wonder if the moon colors will change like how on earth the moon turns red.

Also has anyone seen any changes in Lunar Herald and Luminae breeding?

After this month I suspect silvers will be available anytime both moons are in the planets umbra, so a couple days every month I think? It’s not yet an actual eclipse, but silvers are dropping, which implies the eclipse isn’t actually required. Now that both moons are fully behind the planet are blue or gold still dropping? My guess is that whatever moon “sees” more of the sun is the color(s) available, in which case I think we’ll see them around the same time as bronze silver lunar heralds, not just when both moons are 0% illuminated at the same time, but whenever both are <50%. 

So I’m thinking when either is illuminated, the respective color can drop, not exclusively will, but can. Which would mean when both are fully dark, like during an eclipse, only silvers will drop as neither moon is illuminated and thus neither blue nor gold can drop. So the months without eclipses we’ll see something like we are now — silvers are available but since both moons are partly illuminated they’ll still drop. Even less sure on this, but seeing how last week was pretty solidly blue, maybe one moon being substantially more illuminated means only that color drops? 

I’d have more confidence in my theories if I didn’t keep thinking we had bronze lunars currently >.<

ETA: both moons are about halfway between 3 o’clock and the previous line, so 12 hours shy of the eclipse? And I grabbed a silver from the forest around 7:45 am

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

12 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

After this month I suspect silvers will be available anytime both moons are in the planets umbra, so a couple days every month I think? It’s not yet an actual eclipse, but silvers are dropping, which implies the eclipse isn’t actually required. Now that both moons are fully behind the planet are blue or gold still dropping? My guess is that whatever moon “sees” more of the sun is the color(s) available, in which case I think we’ll see them around the same time as bronze silver lunar heralds, not just when both moons are 0% illuminated at the same time, but whenever both are <50%. 

So I’m thinking when either is illuminated, the respective color can drop, not exclusively will, but can. Which would mean when both are fully dark, like during an eclipse, only silvers will drop as neither moon is illuminated and thus neither blue nor gold can drop. So the months without eclipses we’ll see something like we are now — silvers are available but since both moons are partly illuminated they’ll still drop. Even less sure on this, but seeing how last week was pretty solidly blue, maybe one moon being substantially more illuminated means only that color drops? 

I’d have more confidence in my theories if I didn’t keep thinking we had bronze lunars currently >.<

ETA: both moons are about halfway between 3 o’clock and the previous line, so 12 hours shy of the eclipse? And I grabbed a silver from the forest around 7:45 am

On the Valkemare Help page, The eclipses happen every 4 full moons, so 32-day Aurax Lunar Cycle x4 = every 128 days? So every 4 month-ish we'll start seeing silver eggs...probably...

We need to actually track the eggs we catch/breed to get the ratios. If anything, it's probably a lot like how the Luminae Family of dragons breed where depending on the cycle, you get more golds or blues, except we have this quarterly event when we'll get more silvers. Though, I think you are right that it won't just be one day of dropping silvers, but maybe a couple of days or so, whenever we enter umbra. 

4 hours ago, Shokomon said:

On the Valkemare Help page, The eclipses happen every 4 full moons, so 32-day Aurax Lunar Cycle x4 = every 128 days? So every 4 month-ish we'll start seeing silver eggs...probably...

We need to actually track the eggs we catch/breed to get the ratios. If anything, it's probably a lot like how the Luminae Family of dragons breed where depending on the cycle, you get more golds or blues, except we have this quarterly event when we'll get more silvers. Though, I think you are right that it won't just be one day of dropping silvers, but maybe a couple of days or so, whenever we enter umbra. 

Yeah, my thought was every 128 days we’ll see only silver, but whenever both moons are full (and maybe gibbous) silver eggs will be possible. And then for the blue and gold ones will be possible every day their respective moon is illuminated at all, with the odds depending on how illuminated their moon is. Idk though, and with so few people keeping track it’s going to take awhile to figure out.

• Ex: When Aurax is Gibbous (100>x>50% illuminated) and Cirion is Cresent (0<x<50% illuminated),
    • Lunar Herald eggs are Gold.
    • Sonata eggs are (mostly? solely?) gold
  • Ex2: When Aurax is New (0% illuminated) and Crion is Full (100% illuminated),
    • Lunar Herald eggs are Indigo.
    • Sonata eggs are blue
  • Ex3: When both Aurax and Cirion are in Gibbous phase (100>x>50% illuminated),
    • Lunar eggs are Silver.
    • Sonata eggs can be silver
  • Ex4: When both Aurax and Cirion are in Crescent phase (0%<x<50% illuminated),
    • Lunar eggs are Bronze.
    • Sonata eggs are either gold or blue

Is it possible to change the thread title so it’s clear we’re also tracking sonatas? Or maybe start a new thread for them?

Also, just before the 5pm drop, silver, coast. Text still says “A lunar eclipse is near.” but those both look full to me.

IMG_3241.jpeg

3 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

Yeah, my thought was every 128 days we’ll see only silver, but whenever both moons are full (and maybe gibbous) silver eggs will be possible. And then for the blue and gold ones will be possible every day their respective moon is illuminated at all, with the odds depending on how illuminated their moon is. Idk though, and with so few people keeping track it’s going to take awhile to figure out.

Is it possible to change the thread title so it’s clear we’re also tracking sonatas? Or maybe start a new thread for them?

Also, just before the 5pm drop, silver, coast. Text still says “A lunar eclipse is near.” but those both look full to me.

IMG_3241.jpeg

I was thinking of making generalizing this one, but it might be better to make a thread to specificically figure out the Sonata breeding cycle. Or at least an excel sheet for it.

Everything in the thread is mostly about Lunar Heralds because that's when this thread was introduced along with the Lunar cycle mechanic. That piece you quoted is specifically for the Lunar Heralds. It wouldn't make sense to change that portion. I can make a section specifically for Sonata theories though. 

The full moons haven't hit yet. They WILL to night though, so it's probably a range from Waxing Gibbous - Full Moon - Waning Gibbous when we will see silvers.

But probably only when eclipse's are happening. We will see next month though which case it is. 

Edit: Misread that portion about changing the title of the thread, but yes I can change it and generalized the thread a bit. 

Edit2: Updated! And made a new form so we can track breeding for the eventual spreadsheet I am too tired to make:

Time: 00:00 AM/PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 00 Month 2015

Season: Spring Summer Fall Winter

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Crescent Waxing Gibbous Full Moon Waning Gibbous Waning Crescent New Moon First Quarter Last Quarter

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waxing Crescent Waxing Gibbous Full Moon Waning Gibbous Waning Crescent New Moon First Quarter Last Quarter ) :

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "----statement here----"

Breeds

I. Lunar Heralds:

A. I caught a Gold Silver Bronze Indigo Lunar Herald egg. Lineage Link

B. I bred a Gold Silver Bronze Indigo Lunar Herald egg. Lineage Link

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Gold Silver Indigo Sonata egg. Lineage Link

B. I bred a Gold Silver Indigo Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Please use this for tracking everyone! And if you breed/catch any Luminae family dragons, make a note on the relevant thread: Link

Edited by Shokomon

12 minutes ago, Stellalunastorm said:

Just caught a silver sonata, 7:50 pm

-shoko additon-

ime: 7:50 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 10 May 2023

Season: Spring 

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) :  Waxing Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "A lunar eclipse is near."

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg. 

Nice.

UPDOOT: 

Time: 8:01 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Full Moon 

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) :  Full Moon 

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "The moons are eclipsed by Valkemare."

image.thumb.png.dcd87dd052ef50cb6a380050f2339a0d.png

Also,

Phase Change Today @ 8:00PM EDT/DC!

Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Enjoy breeding and catching eggs!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): image.png

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calendar:  Link

DC Moon Watch Document: The-DC-Moon-Watch-Banner3.png Link

Shokomon's version of the cycler (also made by Pinkgothic): shoko.png

Time: 08:08 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)
Moon Phases:
I. Aurax (Gold Moon): Full Moon
II. Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon
Lunar Eclipse:
Breeds
I. Lunar Heralds:
  B. I bred a Silver Lunar Herald egg. Lineage Link
II. Sonata:
  B. I bred a Silver Sonata egg. Lineage Link

The only Sonatas available in the Market are the silver ones:

wlelb9x.jpg

Time: 08:20 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)
Moon Phases:
I. Aurax (Gold Moon😞 Full Moon
II. Cirion (Blue Moon😞 Full Moon
Lunar Eclipse:
Breeds

II. Sonata:
  B. I bred a Silver Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Edited by WestWindReborn

Perhaps I’m just being dense but can I get a direct link to the right spreadsheet? There are a few at that link and I can’t find one updated in the last 5 years.

11 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

Perhaps I’m just being dense but can I get a direct link to the right spreadsheet? There are a few at that link and I can’t find one updated in the last 5 years.

I haven't made one yet. :lol: I've been complaining that I've been too tired to make one and I still am.

I plan too. Just not right now. If anyone else wants to make a copy of and modify my old Lunar Herald one and post it here, they can.

Edit: That's why I'm having people post on the forum, so we have a record a minimum.

Edit2: Just got a Silver Lunar Herald!

Time: 11:00 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Full Moon 

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) :  Full Moon 

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "The moons are eclipsed by Valkemare."

Lunar Heralds:

B. I bred a Silver Lunar Herald egg. Lineage

Edited by Shokomon
I forgot the "n't" in haven't lol

Time: 12:30 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 11 May 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) Full Moon

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Full Moon

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "The moons are eclipsed by Valkemare."

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg.  It has no lineage? 😁

The text was the same for all of them so I didn’t repeat it. Also, anybody wanna trade a cb silver for a 2g one I can freeze?

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse: A. The site clock currently says "A lunar eclipse is near."

Time: 10:20 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 8 May 2023

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A.  I caught a Indigo Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Time: 4 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 9 May 2023

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Indigo Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Time: 4:34 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Gold Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Time: 9:20 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Time: 8 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Breeds

II. Sonata:

Time: 7:45 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Breeds

II. Sonata:

Time: 4:58 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Breeds

II. Sonata:

Time: 1:10 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 11 May 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) Full Moon

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Full Moon

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "The moons are eclipsed by Valkemare."

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg. 

The eggs have dropped well all along, but for some reason tonight I got lucky (despite laggy internet). I don't regret buying 4 silvers and two blues, though ... Everything else is gravy! 

Sorry, wasn't keeping a proper track because I didn't know this thread was a thing.

But I caught five sonatas in the last 25 or 26 hours (so I guess all during the eclipse) and all five were silver.

23 minutes ago, RoseRedAus said:

Sorry, wasn't keeping a proper track because I didn't know this thread was a thing.

But I caught five sonatas in the last 25 or 26 hours (so I guess all during the eclipse) and all five were silver.

I’m not sure the exact time, but the eclipse started between 6:00 and 8:30pm. If you want the exact time on your eggs you can work out when they were caught by working backwards from time until death, but 5 silvers between 00:00-2:00 May 10 is probably fine.

Sorry don't have a precise time! Only report a blue catch from yesterday to prove they're still drop.

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse: A. The site clock currently says "A lunar eclipse is near."

Time: 3:45 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A.  I caught a Indigo Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Another catching record

9/5

12am-341am ~ bluecoast golddesert bluealpine goldcoast golddesert silvercoast golddesert goldalpine

0512am-0630am ~ bluecoast silverforest goldforest silverforest

10/5

200-305am ~ silverforest silverforest silverforest silverforest

345am ~ blueforest

6am-615am ~ silverforest silverdesert silverforest

12 minutes ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

I’m not sure the exact time, but the eclipse started between 6:00 and 8:30pm. If you want the exact time on your eggs you can work out when they were caught by working backwards from time until death, but 5 silvers between 00:00-2:00 May 10 is probably fine.

The first would have been caught between 11pm and 12 Midnight on the 10th May. The most recent of the five would have been caught between 8 and 9pm on the 10th May

Just bred two gold sonata (during the eclipse, 6:27 am cave time) and got a silver egg

By the way, did anyone dry to breed Lunar Herald? I just tried breeding 8 pairs, and got succedd only once (a silver egg was produced, as it should have been). Usually lunar heralds are not that stubborn at breeding

Edited by Iside

2 hours ago, Iside said:

Just bred two gold sonata (during the eclipse, 6:27 am cave time) and got a silver egg

By the way, did anyone dry to breed Lunar Herald? I just tried breeding 8 pairs, and got succedd only once (a silver egg was produced, as it should have been). Usually lunar heralds are not that stubborn at breeding

I breed one! And got a Silver, but that was out of 6 tries.

No egg for all the others as I was picking those with rare or Holiday partners.

Lunars have been out for a good while now so I don't know how much of that is ratios.

I do not have exact times and some of the reports are from a friends account who also did cave hunting:
Since the eclipse has hit I have only seen silvers drop (both caught and viewd eggs that I missed or saw while locked).
I did not check precisely, but when the blue and silver eggs appeared in the market I also started seeing them in cave. At first considerably more gold than anything and then more and more silver mixing in. Blue ones dropped, but way less. Until the actual eclipse and now it is just silvers.

Can't really provide any breeding results with my one adult. My guess is that currently I'd get a silver egg, so if anyone wants a presumeably silver from gold sonata x some other dragon lmk, I'll do it for science. 😛

The eclipse is slowly moving away.

Screenshot_20230511-154220.thumb.png.37874400ac9b40e53e1f19c88f564ef9.png

I'm assuming once the moons exit the shadow, silver Sonatas will disappear.

Last night during the eclipse I noticed that there was an unfamiliar egg in the AP. I went to view it and it was a Celestial Dragon egg... but it had lost its translucency. I snapped a pic but idk how to attach it here. Is this new? Is it related to the eclipse? The egg sprite isn't on the wiki and they're already back to normal now.

Were you on mobile? I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be that way, but the celestial egg sprite has always looked vastly different to me on phone and desktop, and I think the non-translucency sounds like the mobile version.

Edit to add, because I just looked it up on the wiki:

This is probably related to the dark background on the mobile version, which makes the translucency look different. Soo nevermind, sorry. XD

Edited by NightEagle