Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

I never read this topic before but it's very useful, I only have one Lunar Herald, and it will be extra useful when I finally have the patience to look for actual caveborn Sonatas too

Market has silver and gold for 200, no blue, and both moons are fully out of the umbra

Spoiler

IMG_3254.jpeg

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

As of 8:15pm cave time the market now has only gold sonata eggs at 200:shards:.

Same as above but with photo

Spoiler

IMG_3254.thumb.jpeg.41c4c43a080ef8e3aa51165d2969cae4.jpeg

I didn’t realize that we also got an updated lunar cycle! This is amazing!

Time: 06:35 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 14 May 2023

Season: Spring

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) Waning Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) Waning Gibbous

A. The site clock currently says "It is night. The sun is setting."

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Gold Sonata

Lineage Link

Time: 07:10 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 14 May 2023

Moon Phases:

Breeds

II. Sonata:

Lineage Link

Edited by Firedda

Hm, I think I may’ve had it backwards with my earlier theory. The blue moon is definitely more illuminated, but only gold are in the market. And from their description “Their magic waxes and wanes in accordance to the lunar cycle of the celestial sphere they are most attuned with—when their dominant moon shines full, they are incredibly powerful.”

So my current theory is the less full the moon the less common the corresponding egg. It’s not solely determined by the text though, since blues left the market while both moons were waning gibbous.

Spoiler

IMG_3264.thumb.jpeg.c67a0e22a56aa152d390433029227b9d.jpeg

On 5/11/2023 at 3:10 AM, D-wing said:

Sorry don't have a precise time! Only report a blue catch from yesterday to prove they're still drop.

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waxing Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse: A. The site clock currently says "A lunar eclipse is near."

Time: 3:45 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 10 May 2023

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A.  I caught a Indigo Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Another catching record

9/5

12am-341am ~ bluecoast golddesert bluealpine goldcoast golddesert silvercoast golddesert goldalpine

0512am-0630am ~ bluecoast silverforest goldforest silverforest

10/5

200-305am ~ silverforest silverforest silverforest silverforest

345am ~ blueforest

6am-615am ~ silverforest silverdesert silverforest

I’m working on a spreadsheet and I’m not sure what the last bit here means. Did you (or someone you know) catch 8 eggs the 9th between midnight and 3:41? 2 blue, 5 gold, and 1 silver?

5 hours ago, Firedda said:

I didn’t realize that we also got an updated lunar cycle! This is amazing!

Time: 06:35 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 15 May 2023

Moon Phases:

Breeds

II. Sonata:

Lineage Link

Time: 07:10 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 15 May 2023

Moon Phases:

Breeds

II. Sonata:

Lineage Link

You meant the 14th right? Since it’s 00:37 on the 15th?

17 minutes ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

I’m working on a spreadsheet and I’m not sure what the last bit here means. Did you catch 8 eggs the 9th between midnight and 3:41? 2 blue, 5 gold, and 1 silver?

yes! If you need more information: the coast gold catched at 1:05

Edited by D-wing

On 5/11/2023 at 9:29 PM, BringsTheSnow said:

Caught another Silver Sonata at 9:25pm cave time.

The first eclipse is officially over as of 8pm today but both moons remain in shadow. (Confirmed that the eclipse lasts 24 hours - 8pm to 8pm the following day).

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20230511-212609_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f8095ca4dc1479052beaa61355e949a7.jpg

On 5/12/2023 at 7:00 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Blue sonatas have vanished from market less than an hour ago. Silver ones are still available.

Well that’s certainly an interesting time frame, especially since it’s 6-noon for sunrises and 6-midnight for sunsets. Do we know what time lunars switch?

Also:  only gold eggs in the market currently for 200:shards:

17 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

The blue moon is definitely more illuminated, but only gold are in the market.

Blues are currently less illuminated. The colored in areas is the shadow.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Blues are currently less illuminated. The colored in areas is the shadow.

🤦‍♀️

21 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

You meant the 14th right? Since it’s 00:37 on the 15th?

Yes I meant the 14th 😅 I fixed it

You know how when you look at a word long enough it no longer looks like a word? Silver no longer looks like a word, but the spreadsheet is finally almost done 

Time: 12:55 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC) [I'm assuming DC time is EDT? 'Cause that's what it says at the top of the page for me and my own timezone isn't EDT.]

Date: 17 May 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waning Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waning Crescent

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says nothing (there's no mention of eclipse at all at the time.)

Sonatas:

A. I caught a Gold Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Edited by Evanko

21 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

You know how when you look at a word long enough it no longer looks like a word? Silver no longer looks like a word, but the spreadsheet is finally almost done 

I appreciate that you're doing this. The information you gather will benefit everyone. Thank you for taking the time!

It. Is. Done. Except the one eggy since my last post but that should only take a minute to add. Here she is, please leave the last sheet alone, it’s got everything. Going forward can y’all please note if you’ve added your egg to the sheet already when you post the form here? I don’t want accidental duplicates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10OBH2FGBpCzKw6OWbEClQguImKn2TVpgU8lSKBm8JN8/edit

1 hour ago, Evanko said:

Time: 12:55 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC) [I'm assuming DC time is EDT? 'Cause that's what it says at the top of the page for me and my own timezone isn't EDT.]

Date: 17 May 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waning Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waning Crescent

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says nothing (there's no mention of eclipse at all at the time.)

Sonatas:

A. I caught a Gold Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Yep, DC = EDT, and I’ll add your egg now.

If my theories about sonatas are correct either blue and gold eggs will be showing up tonight, or none will (let’s hope for the former!). Lunar heralds switch tonight so we’ll see soon enough whether multiple colors are possible at the same time when eclipse madness isn’t happening.

Edit, 8:20pm, lunar heralds have changed, market availability for sonatas has not.

Apologies for not showing up in awhile. Been literally moving across country lol.

Thank you so much @ArgentiAertheri For the spread sheet! I really appreciate it!

Also, do you want people posting to the spreadsheet or here? (Edit: And may I add it to the front page?)

Please everyone post more eggs so we can get the ratios for Sonatas down. 

I have a couple pictures of the time page that I want to post, but at least for now, it looks like the umbra has disappeared, and just the moons are showing now.

Edit:

Time Page on 2023-05-27: Screenshot_20230517-161149.thumb.png.83f5c7ba86d90baf2ba5a5571daebd6d.png

Time Page on 2023-05-20: Screenshot_20230520-014727.thumb.png.ac177d2e51f7b8c0ddd4192609f81021.png

Current Time Page - image.thumb.png.2883e5f495b2719ef5523604df2203b5.png

Edited by Shokomon
Adding pictures I mentioned

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Apologies for not showing up in awhile. Been literally moving across country lol.

Thank you so much @ArgentiAertheri For the spread sheet! I really appreciate it!

Also, do you want people posting to the spreadsheet or here? (Edit: And may I add it to the front page?)

Hope the move went well, moving sucks! You can add it to the first page, and either way works, though I would prefer if you both add to the sheet and post here you could note that so we don’t end up duplicating eggs.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Looks like blues may start appearing tomorrow. Unfortunate timing...

I suspect you’re right, and that’s gonna be annoying for this month, but if blues appear and golds leave tomorrow then that’s easy to work out for next month at least.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:40 AM, Naraku said:

Introducing the illumination theory: when a moon is more illuminated than the other, Sonata of the brighter moon will drop. We weren't sure if Aurax's size would make it brighter than Cirion, even if Cirion's phase is further along than Aurax's. However, after running the numbers, it ultimately didn't change much due to the length of Aurax's cycle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OceKAXCZwOt3__IQUXX-zN4cmqHUxb18RBiriySZS1Q/edit?usp=sharing
I made a copy of Millie_Azure's sheet, then added a couple of columns to the right. In these columns, I added the percent of illumination of each moons based on their phase progression as well as size multiplier for Aurax (probably disregard that).

As we know we saw both of Sonata's colors on the release day, April 30th. Notice that the day before (April 29th) on my sheet, Cirion was ruling the night sky but only barely. Blue Sonata disappeared the day after release (May 1st).

Could it be that there's a margin of overlap where both Sonata colors could coexist before the other color takes over? At this point, only time will tell. We have to wait until about May 20th or so to see if this theory holds water. Or sooner if it's wrong.

As predicted, blue sonatas are now back in the market just after 2am DC time. Seems to be based on real time so that'll be fun to figure out...

I don't want to keep a spreadsheet (mine was just temporary for theorycrafting) so can somebody please make a proper one based on this?
In order: Aurax phase, Cirion phase, Aurax illumination, Cirion illumination, margin (not really important), estimated drop rate for gold, blue, silver

piYQyeG.png

Edited by Naraku

10 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

Hope the move went well, moving sucks! You can add it to the first page, and either way works, though I would prefer if you both add to the sheet and post here you could note that so we don’t end up duplicating eggs.

It went well. Lost a pillow though. 

Okay! I'll add the sheet to the front page.

9 hours ago, Naraku said:

I don't want to keep a spreadsheet (mine was just temporary for theorycrafting) so can somebody please make a proper one based on this?

Can you PM me a link to yours so I can make a copy to work off?

4 hours ago, Shokomon said:

It went well. Lost a pillow though. 

Oof, that sucks.

16 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Looks like blues may start appearing tomorrow. Unfortunate timing...

yeah, I really high-key want to breed my (market bc lazy) blue sonatas for pb lineage, but I also need two of the NR dragon today