Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

On 9/5/2023 at 1:28 AM, lexi_ said:

oooohhh, i checked the clock and im so glad i did!!! now i just need to remember to actually grab some sonatas during it..

Is it possible to know when exactly this will be?

8 hours ago, Twyro said:

According to what TJ said in the Official Server, roughly two weeks since the message appeared—so sometime around the 15th?

19 hours ago, Twyro said:

I also remember there were some reports of finding the Eclipse eggs a few days before the actual event, so I think we'll have maybe a couple of days to catch them? I need to go back through that release thread and become really critical of the dates. 😧

I feel like the safest bet is to start keeping an eye on the market a few days before the projected eclipse date, because the silvers should start showing up there once they're dropping/breeding.  That should be the clearest way to make sure on the timing, I think.

1 hour ago, HeartJacker13 said:

I also remember there were some reports of finding the Eclipse eggs a few days before the actual event, so I think we'll have maybe a couple of days to catch them? I need to go back through that release thread and become really critical of the dates. 😧

Last eclipse was calculated to be 10th of May, but think we started to get eclipse eggs the day or two before.

My first eclipse sonata was born in 8th of May, though with that being the 1st eclipse and all, there were …some confusions. Last eclipse dragon I got was born in 12th of May, which gives at least couple of days to go for them.

Just to be safe, I’d check around 13th of September for the predicted eclipse is 15th.

IMG_0768.jpeg

Edited by Eiren

Any one seeing silver Sonatas pop up yet?

If I remember correctly, they showed up a few days before the eclipse, which will happen when both moons are full.

Keep track of anything you all bred, so we can get the ratio down!

I think it's too soon yet.  The market only has aurax available.  As I recall when the eclipse was here they were in the market as well.  If memory serves, they were mixed colors as the eclipse neared until only eclipse eggs available, as the eclipse ended it went in reverse.  But when that magic tipping point happens, we will have to watch closely.

Edited by Dracaena

Time: 08:27 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 09 September 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon😞 Waxing Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon😞 Waxing Crescent

Lunar Eclipse:
A. The site clock currently says "A lunar eclipse is near."

Breeds

I. Sonata:  

A. I caught a Gold  Sonata egg. Lineage Link

I'll fix it later. Now fixed.

Edited by Shokomon
Forgot Lunar eclipse text

On 9/9/2023 at 1:57 AM, Dracaena said:

I think it's too soon yet.  The market only has aurax available.  As I recall when the eclipse was here they were in the market as well.  If memory serves, they were mixed colors as the eclipse neared until only eclipse eggs available, as the eclipse ended it went in reverse.  But when that magic tipping point happens, we will have to watch closely.

I bought mine from the market, so yes eclipse eggs will probably be there 

On 7/13/2023 at 9:14 PM, rinoa26 said:

I found a free calender builder and made this:

Valkemare Lunar Calendar

It's just a really simple one that I made mostly for myself and it doesn't take time of day for the phase changes (see first post of this thread form or information) into account. I *think* it is nearly accurate on the informations we have at the moment.

According to the data we had from the last eclipse, silver Sonatas should start to drop at the 14th (maybe in the last hours of the 13th??)

Not sure if they change the same time Lunar Heralds do. Because of time zones it's not the time I'm normally awake XD

It's 8am cave time. Still only aurax eggs in the market.  The time reference says a lunar eclipse is near.  I am not skilled with screen shot magic but the moons show just above the umbra.  I think it will be fairly soon and I am about to go to sleep.  Good luck catching exactly when it begins!

4 hours ago, Dracaena said:

It's 8am cave time. Still only aurax eggs in the market.  The time reference says a lunar eclipse is near.  I am not skilled with screen shot magic but the moons show just above the umbra.  I think it will be fairly soon and I am about to go to sleep.  Good luck catching exactly when it begins!

I don't have any proof, but I wonder if when the moons are in the shadow of the planet that the Silver Sonatas will start to show.

It would be cool, at least.

Edited by HeartJacker13

5 hours ago, Dracaena said:

If Sonatas follow the same time frame like Lunars, it will be at 8 PM cave time (see first post):

On 9/5/2015 at 10:03 PM, Shokomon said:

Phase changes occur at 8:00 PM (20:00) EST/DragonCave (DC) time during Daylight Savings or at 7:00 PM (19:00) EST/DC time when Daylight Savings has ended.

I will be asleep at this time so can't keep track of it.

Still gold Sonatas in the market.

And I also just caught a gold Sonata. So, no change yet.

Time: 05:11 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 13 September 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse:
A. The site clock currently says "A lunar eclipse is near."

Breeds

I. Sonata:  

A. I caught a Gold  Sonata egg. Lineage Link

I think the current theory is that the Sonata breed change corresponds to the tick marks on the Diagram rather than the traditional 7pm/8pm time change for Lunar Heralds.

2 hours ago, TriangledRat said:

How long do the eclipses last? I'll still be egglocked by the next phase turnover - I'd need a day more.... 

It lasts as long as the phases are in Valkemare's Shadow on the Time page.

Which is about 4.5 days or so. I'm not sure.

It's almost time though according to the diagram.

Screenshot_20230913-172137.png

I just caught an Eclipse Sonata in the Jungle biome, and I'm also seeing both Aurax and Eclipse Sonata eggs in the market. :wub: 

Yes. Bought my first (and probably last) Eclipse Sonata. I am usually more than happy hunt for it myself but this week had been hectic I just want easy time. 

Can't wait to see them grow up.

I got busy and when I refreshed the market page at 10:16pm cave time it shows all three variants - cirion, aurux, and eclipse.

I tried breeding and catching from the cave and they're both gold still. So now I'm trying to find as many eclipse eggs as possible that people have from the market so I can unlock it myself to buy early!

No, I haven't been waiting for this for a while lol.

Edit: Just to say, this worked! Just wanted to make sure I got one at least, can relax now :)

Edited by Helixa

Something weird is going on in the Volcano biome. The Sonata egg is in the middle slot and when I tapped on it, I got the “An Error Has Occurred” message.

The cave is on read-only for a bit, for maintenance. See TLQ; TJ has posted. Be OK soon, he says.

Does anyone know if the drop rate for Sonata's will change at all during the eclipse? Just dreaming the Cave would be flooded with them haha!

Also does the day/night cycle affect their availability? ie, are they more common during the night time/day time?

Edited by velvotg