Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

Humm, I am surprised.  The time reference page still says a lunar eclipse is near although both moons are well in the shadow.  Evidently it will say eclipse at the apex of the configuration.  The market still lists all three variants.  Time currently is 4:40pm  cave time.

An actual eclipse in our world only lasts for part of one day; maybe Galsreim is the same.

I haven't seen a single sonata egg in the cave and I have been trying on and off since last night. Anyone else having the same problem?

I hardly ever see one in the cave and always miss them. They were all Eclipse variants, which I checked and it made me feel so... ugh.

29 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I haven't seen a single sonata egg in the cave and I have been trying on and off since last night. Anyone else having the same problem?

I've been lucky enough to see a couple. But I'm too slow to catch them. I decided to purchase one from the market so I could have one.

I managed to catch one but it's a blue one which I will most likely release or gift to my cousin. I only need three silver ones to complete my quota and I actually purchased one from the market last night because I wasn't seeing any and didn't want to miss out. I have a feeling I might have to purchase the last two, even though I would prefer CB eggs.

As of 8:02 cave time, only Silver Sonatas are available in the market! They are 200 shards.

Screenshot_20230914-200225_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eea47ed84fd3358ed57a43db58072250.jpgScreenshot_20230914-200245_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a026fab0292212c07e608f961edc9ae8.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Time: 09:32 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC) Date: 14 September 2023 (it's the 15th in my timezone so guessing cave date)

Season: Summer

Moon Phases:

Aurax (Gold Moon😞 Waxing Gibbous

Cirion (Blue Moon😞Waxing Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse:

: A. The site clock currently says "A Lunar Eclipse is near"

II. Sonata:

II. Sonata: A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg. [URL=https://dragcave.net/lineage/n3SfG] Lineage Link[/URL]

II. Sonata: A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg. [URL=https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ce6jX] Lineage Link[/URL]

So I just caught 2 silver eggs in the span of 10 mins. Not sure if just super lucky. But anecdotally seeing an uptick in sonata's on the 5min cave drops. 

(also not sure why the URL links are dodgy. But hope it works anyway).

Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 11.50.01 am.png

Edited by velvotg

I've seen 3 or 4, and caught 1.

3 hours ago, jewel21 said:

51 minutes ago, sorenna said:

I've seen 3 or 4, and caught 1.

Ironically,  after posting, I managed to catch 3 silvers from the volcano. I hope everyone else has the same luck.

Time: 12:15 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)
Date: 15 September 2023
Moon Phases: 
I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waxing Gibbous
II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waxing Gibbous
Lunar Eclipse:
A. The site clock currently says "A Lunar Eclipse is near"
Breeds
II. Sonata:
  A. I caught a Silver Sonata egg. Lineage Link
Edited by PinkyHedgehog
I hate formatting. x2

Interesting, the last "only silver" period are on day 0 and 1, but this time it started on D127. Not sure if it sustained 2 days or 3 days?

Today should be the start of the eclipse with the double full moons starting tonight at 8 pm.

So it looks like maybe we will get 3 days of pure Sonatas: the day before the eclipse, the eclipse day, and the day after the eclipse.

Time: 08:25 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 15 September 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon😞 Full Moon 

II. Cirion (Blue Moon😞 Full Moon

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "The moons are eclipsed by Valkemare."

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Gold Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Much to my surprise during the Eclipse I caught a gold sonata!

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 10.22.02 am.png

Edited by velvotg
formatting

I was trying to grab blue sonatas but kept getting gold. I managed to catch a blue one from the cave, got another blue from a trade plus two more golds, two silvers and now I'm egglocked. 😅

@velvotg Catching that gold sonata sounds like a glitch.  There are only eclipse sonata in the market (9:10pm cave time).  Might be worth making a thread in help forum to see if it is intended.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:52 AM, Twyro said:

I hardly ever see one in the cave and always miss them. They were all Eclipse variants, which I checked and it made me feel so... ugh.

Check your dm!

Time: 10:17 AM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 17 September 2023

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon) : Waning Gibbous

II. Cirion (Blue Moon) : Waning Gibbous

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says nothing.

Breeds

I. Sonata:

B. I bred a Silver Sonata egg.

@10:17 AM Lineage Link

@10:27 AM Lineage Link

Still getting Eclipses!

Screenshot_20230917-102403.thumb.png.30127dcd7d0405e2d429ec8d519beaef.png

Though later in the shadow than I thought

Edited by Shokomon

Did the last eclipse last this long? It feels like we’re having eclipse egg exclusively good 3 days after an eclipse day.

Not complaining by any means, just can’t remember how long the last one lasted..

No, the last eclipse did not last this long. 

As of 8pm cave time, Golds are mixing back in with the Silver Sonatas. They have also dropped back down to 100 shards. (I checked at 7:35pm as well and the market only had Silvers which cost 200 shards at that time)

Screenshot_20230917_200554.thumb.jpg.5613e8dcc23d7cfbdb6122ff2621d6eb.jpg Screenshot_20230917_200617.thumb.jpg.b73178413e654fb201a711914a95eefe.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

For the sake of science,  I caught a gold sonata egg @11:25pm 9/17/23 and an eclipse sonata egg @11:40pm 9/17/23.  Not putting codes down as I'm going to drop the gold egg and may or may not be trading the eclipse egg.  

As far as last time, I checked the dates on my dragons and I have eclipse dragons from May 9th to May 12th.

edit - 9/18/23

Caught another eclipse egg and I didn't note the exact time.  I think it was 6:55pm 9/18/23 or close to that time.  lineage

Market is showing both eclipse and gold eggs available.

Edited by Dracaena

Checked the market about an hour ago and it still had silver/eclipse Sonatas and orange/aurax ones, both at 100 shards each.  Checked just now (was 8:09 pm cave time) and only orange Sonatas remain at 200 shards each.  So I assume the change might have happened at 8pm cave time. I am not exactly sure when, but a friend missed an eclipse one somewhat soon after the 7pm hour drop, so at least then they were still dropping. Cought an orange one myself in the 8:05pm refresh (which obviously is no evdence for no eclipse ones dropping, but I will keep assuming cave is tied to the market availability).