sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

I so sick right now. I have two moms and little siblings who are PoC. I'm queer. What do I do? My family is everything to me. America just decided it doesn't care about us. I'm so terrified

We fight. We stay educated, remind the intolerant of what the constitution is truly about. We make peaceful protests and practice the other rights that are inalienable to us.

We will weep for this fear that we feel but then we will use it to fuel our courage and become loud.

Someone once suggested that Trump doesn't really want the job, just the finish line for his ego. I am wondering if he will actually try to do the job, or abdicate.

Honestly, as a disabled woman, and mother of a MtF Trans daughter, I am so frightened, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. Wanna just go hide right now.

I'm so sorry for you, Americans. sad.gif

(Uhh... don't read the following if you can't stand any jokes right now. I need things like this to make me laugh for a second.)

Ironically, Mexico just decided to build a wall and pay for it.

blink.gif Well, what about the other candidates?

dry.gif Well, yes, it just boils down to the two. Probability would say that they would not get any spotlight.

I voted third party in a state that was already decided but we all know a third party can't win in the current system. sad.gif

blink.gif Well, what about the other candidates?

dry.gif Well, yes, it just boils down to the two. Probability would say that they would not get any spotlight.

The other candidates had no realistic chance of winning even from the beginning. Johnson took like 9% of the vote here in NM last I checked. Barely 9%, and that was the highest percentage I saw him take of any state that I saw. Stein took hardly any percentages at all.

The best way to give them realistic chances of winning major offices (and of making them major parties like rep and dem!) is to start by voting them into local and state offices. They can gain traction and popularity from that. And I think it's clear by now: money and media coverage account for a lot. Third party candidates who want to mount a serious campaign for president need to be out there, they need to be educated and with the times, they need to have the money to campaign widely and effectively, they need a good team.

For everyone who says Hillary is crappy:

CONGRATS. IT SEEMS LIKE WE'RE GETTING TRUMP. Happy?

Elections aren't about choosing the ideal - it's choosing the lesser evil, the better choice, the candidate you dislike the least. Also, third parties never do anything except maybe split the vote in America. It's not a possibility or a probability,; it's an inevitability and people who vote third party are doing so selfishly for ideologies that don't amount to anything good.

/endrant from me, an American who is literally crying over a Trump presidency. I'm dead on the inside, I'm so angry and disappointed and sad, and so is nearly every other college-educated person I know.

Edited by kiyoura

I am, very disappointed with the world. I hope that the people wake up and see trump is full of censorkip.gif quickly. I do hope that no one assassinates him, I dislike pence much more. This is so messed up though. I am no longer proud to be an American. Hate won today.

I do hope everyone stays calm though, and does not do anything rash. Keep a close eye on loved ones around you.

I voted third party in a state that was already decided but we all know a third party can't win in the current system. sad.gif

Yeah. And we are so grateful to people that voted 3rd party. Not. But Trump is. Congrats.

Now we have a President, a Senate and a House that are all Republicans. That's going to be interesting. We got them, we deserved them.

Edited by SullenCat

Well, America, you made your bed. I'll be sleeping on the floor, TYVM.

I have not seen the news yet what the heck has happened?

facist dystopia run by a rapist

And we are so grateful to people that voted 3rd party.

I by far more blame the people who actually voted for Trump.

As well, the fact that this was the first election in 50 years where the VRA wasn't upheld and several states put further measures towards disenfranchising and suppressing voter rights.

Yeah. And we are so grateful to people that voted 3rd party. Not. But Trump is. Congrats.

One person, one vote.

As long as the stars and stripes are flying

each American can vote for whoever they want.

And those stars and stripes are flying,

flying higher than ever.

God Bless America

God Bless Donald Trump.

and God Bless Louisiana

One person, one vote.

flying higher than ever.

God Bless America

God Bless Donald Trump.

and God Bless Louisiana

Really??? That would be true without the Electoral College. And, since I'm not a religious person, I can do without the God bless part.

Edited by SullenCat

Again, we deserve whatever will happen in the next 4 years. Assuming that we will be able to vote then.

Again, we deserve whatever will happen in the next 4 years. Assuming that we will be able to vote then.

You are right.

We deserve the best

and we got it.

cool.gif

One person, one vote.

flying higher than ever.

God Bless America

God Bless Donald Trump.

and God Bless Louisiana

yeah well look

I'm pretty sure that the good Catholic people I know collectively agree that God does not bless a bigoted, egotistic, racist, misogynistic rapist.