sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

Well... thanks to all those write-ins and votes for 3rd party candidates, Trump will be the next US president, according to the news. Thank you guys, now live with that, good luck.

It's not that so many more people are supporting Trump, it's that votes for 3rd party candidates and write-ins take away votes that would have gone for one candidate or the other. Or people are so apathetic that they don't want to vote.

There are still a LOT of people who support him.

Driving around today I saw a ton of Trump signs around and a lot of customers at work come in wearing his hats or have his bumper stickers.

And I live in a blue state.

This is terrifying. I can't decide if I want to go to bed and find out in the morning or just stay awake to find out.

This is terrifying. I can't decide if I want to go to bed and find out in the morning or just stay awake to find out.

Frankly, I'm taking care of a few bills and going to bed. I'm 99.9% sure I will wake up to a Trump presidency, why to waste sleep on top of that.

There are still a LOT of people who support him.

Driving around today I saw a ton of Trump signs around and a lot of customers at work come in wearing his hats or have his bumper stickers.

And I live in a blue state.

That's true that a lot of people support him, but people are so disenfranchised that any potential vote that could have gone to Clinton either doesn't happen (because people don't vote) or it goes to another candidate entirely.

I can't vote yet because I'm too young, and I honestly don't understand politics a lot, but since I'm a woman I just want Hillary to win. My mother really wants Trump to win for some reason. She says we need a change from the stagnation we had under Obama. /shrug. I don't care that much.

A really hot guy is running for Senator in my state, though. I hope he wins. I would definitely watch more political TV...

Edited by Yunako

I'm just so terrified, I can't handle Trump winning.

If you voted for Trump, congrats on not seeing people like me as fellow humans who deserve equal rights.

I'm a third party supporter, so I don't really care about the Presidential election too much- the Senate and Congress will keep whoever in check- but I'm really happy people voted yes for the Safe Roads Amendment in my home state of Illinois. It does create some problems with how hard it's going to be to reverse, but I'm proud Illi got that law passed today.

Also people are actually voting for my favorite position ever, Comptroller. Good luck to both Leslie Munger and Susana Mendoza!

Edited by serce2

So my parents didn't have me go to the polls. Nothing bad happened there anyway. I'm relieved, to say the least. But I'm still scared ****less at the possibility of Trump winning. Truly terrified.

Stuff from tumblr:

Fun fact about election night that freaked out a lot of people in 2012 but hopefully won’t worry you too much this year after you read this post: the states that come in earliest are states with some of the strictest voting laws. These states lean Republican, meaning PLEASE DO NOT PANIC if the results start pouring in and it seems like Trump is winning a whole lot of states.

Remember: Trump. Has. No. Path. Without. Florida. If Florida goes blue for Clinton, start popping the biggest bottles fam, because she wins.

The first polls to close will be GA, IN, KY, SC, VT, and VA (7:00 PM). The only states that are likely to go for Clinton are Vermont and Virginia, so Trump will most likely start out the night in the lead, but as the post above states, this isn’t cause for concern!

Polls in Indiana and Kentucky will start closing at 6pm Eastern/5pm Central. Here’s a handy link for those of you who want to freak out with me: http://www.270towin.com/closing.php

And pay attention to whether news sources say “too early to call” vs “too close to call”. If it’s the former then news outlets believe that the lead will hold; if it’s the latter, then it’s not so clear. If Georgia comes in too close to call within, say, an hour, then it’s truly over for Trump.

However, if the same happens in Virginia for Clinton, then it’s time to panic.

I can't lose hope yet because I just don't know how I'll handle Trump winning. FL is really close right now; I'm really hoping it'll swing in Clinton's favor. >_< I'm so scared, though. Well censorkipz

C'mon, Senate, c'mon democrats. We need majority to be able to do anything. >_<

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I remember the 2012 election being terrifying too but... Obama won Ohio and Florida.

Clinton already lost Ohio and Florida is leaning Trump.

It's still too early but... things aren't looking too good.

Trump is the projected winner in Florida, with 99% reporting. :/

I'm seriously scared for america right now. Not to be pessimistic, but things don't seem to be going well for democrats, now sad.gif

Definitely not ready for this election, I never intervene into politics- but this has given me so much anxiety in just a few hours that I can't seem to settle. If still baffles me as to how Trump got this far :l seems others feel the same way.

censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif

I didn't realize this country had so much hate in it's heart. sad.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

It looks like Trump is going to win. He's over ~80% favorite. A lot of states are razor thin. It possibly might be spoiled by the third party candidates again, and it looks like Hillary will get popular vote by 1-2% but still lose. With an R Senate + House, it'll be easy for them to dismantle anything they want and to ram in SC picks that are conservative.

I think I've just lost a great roleplaying friend on Roblox to this damn election. I'm about to cry, this is bad.

Edit: So I haven't lost my friend, but I actually cannot sleep because of this.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I really don't want trump to win. He lost my vote long ago when he disrespected the pope, the POPE, cute humble sweet pope Francis who is changing the Catholic church for the better, on public t.v.. Just because he stated that building walls isn't what being a Christian was all about. That a good Christian who knows Jesus's teachings wouldn't build walls around their hearts and homes but let those who are least of these in.

Then he turns around later and starts saying that Hillary Clinton hates Catholics? Excuse you orange gorilla, she wasn't the one who called the Catholic church leader a lier for quoting scripture.

Ohhhh dear I dread turning on the t.v. tomorrow...

Just came back from a brief walk with the dog and Florida's red >___< how how HOW