sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

Just came back from a brief walk with the dog and Florida's red >___< how how HOW

Aside from the rampant islamophobia, xenophobia, sexism, racism, queerphobia, antisemitism, and ableism in the country leading people to vote for Trump?

People voting 3rd party. Gary Johnson pulled 2% - all voters who were lost from Clinton's pool. I mean, first and foremost, responsibility is on Trump voters, but I can't believe we've just seen a repeat of what happened with Gore/Nader in the same goshdern swing state doing the same goshdern thing. Does nobody remember that uproar and it giving Bush the election? Dx

~

I'm also shaking. I'm so sorry everyone. I'm so sorry world. I'm so scared for the uptake in violent hate crimes we're going to see, particularly in the next few days. I don't think we're gonna win senate either, which pretty much gives repubs full run of withdrawing our rights in the next few years.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

i really wanna breka the kneecaps of everybody that voted third party in florida because if htye'd just sucked it up and voted hillary trump wouldn;t have basically won the state

im having a panic attack and im honesty considering just drinking to oblibion instead of dealing with htis

Aside from the rampant islamophobia, xenophobia, sexism, racism, queerphobia, antisemitism, and ableism in the country leading people to vote for Trump?

ABLEISM. My biggest enemy. I'm deaf/blind, so I'm not a human being to Trump... or pretty much anyone else.

And the racism.... the misogyny.... all the hate... no. No. No!

I was born female, and I don't know if I'm female or agender. And because of this, Trump's America will squash me.

Ugh....how did Florida and Washington become red? Yeah GG, we're boned for the next 4 years (unless he get's assassinated, impeached, or gets reelected for 4 more years)

On an also kinda serious side note, which country said they would take U.S citizens in if Trump won?

I'm just hoping that Clinton paints the west coast blue. I don't want to live in Trump's America. Please let that not happen!

I think that was Canada.

Honestly considering taking them up on their offer.

Sometimes I hate this world and the idiots within it with a passion.

And now our tv's picture's cut off I can't keep right up to date with the election now.

Sometimes I hate this world and the idiots within it with a passion.

And now our tv's picture's cut off I can't keep right up to date with the election now.

If you go on Google and put in 2016 election, it's updating every 30 seconds.

He won Wisconsin? Wonderful. There goes my rights as a woman. I'll be gladly joining my friend in that bunker of his now.

Ugh....how did Florida and Washington become red? Yeah GG, we're boned for the next 4 years (unless he get's assassinated, impeached, or gets reelected for 4 more years)

On an also kinda serious side note, which country said they would take U.S citizens in if Trump won?

Washington? Washington state? Washington state is red?! Please don't tell me it is! Two people where in the news for the electoral votes wanting to swing it to trump "just cuz they can". If Washington is red I'm moving to Canada. Under trump, girls like me with autism, medical issues up the yin yang, depression, anxiety and social disorders I'll never get my benefits that I need, never be able to get insurance to cover me like it is under "Obama care".

For you who don't know, that health care covers young adults until they are 26 on their parents insurance if they don't or can't afford health care for themselves.

Very tense moment here.

If you go on Google and put in 2016 election, it's updating every 30 seconds.

It's what I've been doing (well, we got our picture back!) but nothing like the live report.

There go my rights as a disabled person who has feminine genitals and might not be binary.

Heh heh, I'm pretty much dead. Good while it lasted, but I'm as good as dead in the night now for all the world cares.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Washington? Washington state? Washington state is red?! Please don't tell me it is! Two people where in the news for the electoral votes wanting to swing it to trump "just cuz they can". If Washington is red I'm moving to Canada. Under trump, girls like me with autism, medical issues up the yin yang, depression, anxiety and social disorders I'll never get my benefits that I need, never be able to get insurance to cover me like it is under "Obama care".

For you who don't know, that health care covers young adults until they are 26 on their parents insurance if they don't or can't afford health care for themselves.

Very tense moment here.

It was just red when it first hit, now it's definitely blue.

A lot of other states are fluctuating as well, fingers crossed that there's hope still for a No Trump nation.

Just a reminder that poc will be in the most immediate physical danger, especially this week. If you've got any friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc. of color and can, you should reach out and offer to go places with them or for them (like the grocery store) in the days after the election. I fear we're going to see a huge uptake in hate crimes here.

I'm so sorry everyone, I tried. *cries in corner*

Fox called it.

I tend to take Fox with a grain of salt. They're Trump-biased, anyway.

Trump needs only 38 electoral votes to win. This is really, really bad for us. Come on Clinton, you can do it!

i am so unbelievably heartbroken, i cannot believe this is happening. every swing state hillary was predicted to win, he's winning/has won. i am upset beyond words tbh idk what to say! this is awful. i was cautiously confident that the election would go to her. i was so excited to say that i helped elect the first woman president. look, i liked her. it wasn't just a 'lesser of two evils thing.' i liked her. i cannot believe this is happening...

God Bless Louisiana.

I'm so proud my home state supported Donald Trump.

I'm so proud to be an American right now.

Everyone is calling Trump the President-elect.

It is a great day for America.

Hold that lead, Donald Trump.

I spent the day between toasting at Le Bayou,

praying at St. Louis cathedral,

and walking around the Quarter

giving ten dollar bills to the homeless,

many of them veterans,

so they can spend the night at the Salvation Army.

There are two Jewish temples in the Garden District

with prayer vigils for Donald Trump,

just like the Catholic Churches here,

first that he gets elected

and second that he does not get assassinated

by some mentally unbalanced hater.

God Bless Louisiana

God Bless America

God Bless Donald Trump

God Bless all the good men and women

who came out to vote for him.