sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

I'm honestly terrified for what will happen to the world if Trump wins. He is a disgusting human and should not be given any power.

The things that annoys me the most about this election, is that I'm 93% sure that if Trump was female and Hillary was male, Trump as a female would be laughed out.

I also can't believe there are people voting for him that aren't straight white Christian males. He doesn't care about anyone. I can't believe that he's even gotten this far.

I'm honestly terrified for what will happen to the world if Trump wins.

Someone (European) recently told me maybe Trump wouldn't be a big problem outside of the USA because he'd cause so many local problems he wouldn't even have the time to do damage to other countries. So U.S. Americans should hope for Clinton to win, the rest of the world should hope for Trump.

Well. That surely is an interesting way of seeing things.

(Isn't it sad that we have to think about who would be less likely to destroy the world, instead of who would be more likely to make it better...?)

Someone (European) recently told me maybe Trump wouldn't be a big problem outside of the USA because he'd cause so many local problems he wouldn't even have the time to do damage to other countries. So U.S. Americans should hope for Clinton to win, the rest of the world should hope for Trump.

(Isn't it sad that we have to think about who would be less likely to destroy the world, instead of who would be more likely to make it better...?)

That's a good point. Australia has pretty strong ties with America though, so I don't know how it would go for us.

Anyway, since I don't actually know much about US Politics I did a quiz that shows you what % you match with each candidate. I got;

97% Clinton

94% Jill Stein

25% Gary Johnson

23% Donald Trump

Articles on how Trump would affect foreign relations, put nuclear peace in danger, and ruin other country's trade markets:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/ap...reign-relations

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/no...ia-russia-china

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/will-...ia/3579509.html

Language in article http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/201...ty-guide-213936

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp...global-economy/

(I'll also point out, that as a large, developed country, what we do has a strong impact on climate change, which won't just produce local effects. As Trump is a climate change denier, his policies could largely effect CO2 emissions and the rise of natural disasters.)

Especially if democrats do not win the senate.

So... interesting thought, I guess, but I don't really agree. ;3

(Also, although it's not really true, a lot of developing countries do view America as the ideal American dream scenario and Trump wants to make visas harder to get and completely ban Muslims from flying and/or entering the country, so say good-bye to students studying in America or getting a work visa in America and get to send money back to their family, etc.)

Sadly I am one outsider who rather sees things that way, though I think he would be rather more interventionist than people believe. I especially fear for my Canada under Trump. Hell, we have WATER.....

I do think the CIA would disable the nuclear button, though laugh.gif

As globalisation and rampant selfish capitalism are largely what has got us all into such a mess, abandoning TPP and the rest =- especially NAFTA - would be a GOOD thing.

I am super scared about tonight. I don't think I've ever been more nervous about an election.

I'm still having a hard time grasping that Trump is even a real candidate let alone that he has a very real chance of being declared the next president tonight.

I might not be a fan of Clinton but anything is better than the racist, homophobic piece of trash that should have been laughed out months ago.

Well a lot got posted from the last time I did. I won't rehash old news. /but /agree with pretty much everything Sock posted

Trump also snuck out some of his policy positions just before the election and his cabinet. Surprise surprise, its composed of people like Newt Gingrich and Rince Preibus. A true outsider candidate indeed =p

He also released his plan for highway funding. Basically, it's privatize the nations roads. Which means toll roads. Basically another tax on med and low income. Many states tried this years ago. It doesn't work. They lost money, bought the roads back at a lost and it was a cluster.

Trumps plan to privatize roads

The NC GOP also released a statement bragging about suppressing the black vote. It's pretty sad that as soon as the voting rights act got gutted that this happened. So much for racism being over.

NC GOP brags about racist voter suppression

Same though i'm absolutely terrified about this election. I'm really not a fan of either but she's still a million times better then that selfish hateful sexist, homophobic, racist, cheating, constantly lying garbage excuse of a human being Trump

The thing that scares me most though is the fact that people go so far to defend his childish behavior and lies. And this got him so far that there is a very real possibility that he can become the president of the US... Yikes.

BTW speaking of the FBI and Trumps "charity" Turns out the New York offices that leaked the bad info in an attempt to flip the election has an ex FBIer that spoke against the Clinton's for years. Who also happens to run the charity that Trump donated to. Apparently running a false investigation costs a few hundred K of your own money and a million of others.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016...fbi-fanboy.html

Kallstrom, who served as a Marine before becoming an agent, didn’t mention that a charity he’d founded decades ago and that’s now called the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, was the single biggest beneficiary of Trump’s promise to raise millions for veterans when he boycotted the Iowa primary debate. A foundation official said that Trump’s million-dollar donation this May, atop $100,000 that he’d given in March, were the biggest individual grants it had ever received. The Trump Foundation had contributed another $230,000 in prior years and Trump won the organization’s top honor at its annual Waldorf Astoria gala in 2015.

user posted image

Edited by Vhale

user posted image

That's accurate as hell. I utterly despise Trump, and the reasons to vote against him just keep piling up.

But I'm more concerned than anything. Trump encourages violence, and it's a real possibility that his supporters would use violence to keep Clinton supporters from voting. For whatever reason, my dad wants to take me along while he votes, and I'm completely scared that something terrible will happen. It's probably me being paranoid, but most of his supporters are hateful creatures that have no problem following every word he says like it's a line from the Bible. If he promotes violence, they'll likely follow in his words.

By the time the presidency ends in about four years, I'll be a year away from becoming a legal adult. What kind of United States will I spend the rest of my childhood in? I'm scared nearly out of my wits here. I probably shouldn't be, but I am.

I voted for a write-in candidate this morning.

That's accurate as hell. I utterly despise Trump, and the reasons to vote against him just keep piling up.

But I'm more concerned than anything. Trump encourages violence, and it's a real possibility that his supporters would use violence to keep Clinton supporters from voting. For whatever reason, my dad wants to take me along while he votes, and I'm completely scared that something terrible will happen. It's probably me being paranoid, but most of his supporters are hateful creatures that have no problem following every word he says like it's a line from the Bible. If he promotes violence, they'll likely follow in his words.

By the time the presidency ends in about four years, I'll be a year away from becoming a legal adult. What kind of United States will I spend the rest of my childhood in? I'm scared nearly out of my wits here. I probably shouldn't be, but I am.

You should be safe--if you haven't gone to vote already. My dad took me along to vote a few times (including the much contested 2000 election) and they do generally have some form of security present as it is illegal to harass voters/suppress votes.

In most cases, you can't even tell who is voting for what party.

Edited by Jazeki

As a European, I do NOT hope for trump to win.

It terrifies me that after today, such a hypocritical, biggoted, homophobic, sexist, rapist, lying, idiotic piece of trash could be in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet.

Like I believe I've said in this thread before - if Trump wins, you can say goodbye to your rights, unless you're a Cis white male with at least 10 freaking generations of being "American"

the funniest thing is... Trump rants on about immigration and stuff, when 1. two of his wives have been "immigrants"..and 2. he himself is half german, i believe, and I'm sorry for the crude way of speaking, but it honestly would not surprise me if Trump turned out to be some long lost distant relative of hitler. Not one bit.

It honesly shocks me that he's a serious canditate, he would be better off as a mildly succesful comedian since some of the stuff he comes out with are just stupid and hilarious.

He's a laughing stock, imo.

That sure is some silver lining on the horizon - at least for us from outside the US. And yet, he still scares me.

Btw, the German newspaper fuzzbucket posted is very much spot-on. Most people I know who have even only a shred of political interest see Trump that way. And, from the few, mostly not so official statements from actual politicians, they don't seem to view him in a better light, either. At least not much.

What Trump says isn't the most shocking thing for me...The most shocking this is how many people are supporting him. The stuff that he says...I just don't understand how anyone could support that...and especially women. Women who support Trump..why?

Is there anyone who could explain their reasoning to me?

---

@Esko_the_Wolf you shouldn't be facing any violence at the polls. The place that I go to has a way where no one can see what you're voting. If at any point you feel threatened or unsafe at the place you're voting you can just report it to the people who are working there. I know, when I went this morning, there was also some security.

You can be scared for the future. This election matters...we're either going backwards or forwards.

---

Have you guys seen the sign an Alabama church had up?

It said "Go vote or pick cotton"

I'm sorry if that isn't your type of humor, but I had a really good chuckle.

Taking over the computer of a friend to be able to reply here.

Just Google "voter intimidation", a lot of that has been going on all day.

In particular, look at what is going on in Pennsylvania. I thought the USA were a democracy, guess not.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

In particular, look at what is going on in Pennsylvania. I thought the USA were a democracy, guess not.

No democracy can prevent intimidation. Awful. I would say the same if it were democrats doing it, but... sad.gif

i'm so censorkip.gif*** scared that trump is going to win and i am just kinda shaking right now

please i want hillary to win so badly

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My family and I are all together watching the live report on the situation, even though we live in Australia I do NOT want Trump to win.

How so many people support him to the point that the election's this tight, I can't understand.

I'm scared for so many people in the USA. United States of Anxiety feels fitting right now.

My family and I are all together watching the live report on the situation, even though we live in Australia I do NOT want Trump to win.

How so many people support him to the point that the election's this tight, I can't understand.

I'm scared for so many people in the USA. United States of Anxiety feels fitting right now.

yeah it's awful over here i mean i'm kinda shaking atm

It is what I exactly thinking now.

It's not that so many more people are supporting Trump, it's that votes for 3rd party candidates and write-ins take away votes that would have gone for one candidate or the other. Or people are so apathetic that they don't want to vote.

Edited by Jazeki