TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Well i am about ready to give up grabbing these new eggs the bronze ones. Ok i admit it they are hard to grab. sad.gif

Iunno about that. Xenos were fairly common for a whole month and then went the way of the dodo once the July release happened. They seem to be easing up again a little now, but they're still not half as common as they were then.

That's purely user driven though. I was talking about what the actual game presents And even considering user driven rarity what I said is still valid. The same is true of coppers - they're finally becoming easier to grab because, finally, there are species being released that rival them in popularity and have caused the pressure to ease up on them a bit. Xenowyrms have not been DROPPING as rares - I see enough of them go by in a blink. tongue.gif They're just super super popular. The same has happened in the past with Blusangs. But given enough time that popularity inevitably fades and the once-impossible-to-catch pseudorare drops to a more manageable level of catchability for the average player. The only ones that stay difficult like that long term are the ones that really do drop as rares/very rares - which right now is honestly only Silver and Gold.

Unfortunately my laptop got messed up by someone so it's lagging badly on its own even without any DC lag, so I've found catching these very difficult myself this time. sad.gif Got only four golds and no browns/bronzes so far. Still trying though and have hope that in time the newness will wear off and they'll become easier to grab.

I grabbed a gem shard. biggrin.gif If it hatches green, I can gift my friend! She's been looking for a CB green one for ages.

I'm sorry you feel that way. The latest releases were the most "reinvigorating" I experienced. People are so involved and challenged. It is a pleasure just being here and reading the thread.

I do not know what you mean exactly by " designed just to make us sit here all day long" but if a site is able to attract their users for long time, that is considered a success, not a failure.

Am I sitting here because I'm having fun trying to grab eggs, though, or purely because I'm afraid they're only going to get more rare as time goes on?

I used to hunt off and on because I had fun doing it, Xenos and these new ones I'm certainly doing it out of a sort of anxiety and fear of missing out.

Jeez.. Hunting for these things are really hard ;n; ! They're so pretty too!

I have gold ones, and I've been trying for bronze but it's just-

"Oh look a luna-"

"Wait nevermind it's gone now"

I don't know which is worse: Xeno hunting or this.

Jeez.. Hunting for these things are really hard ;n; ! They're so pretty too!

I have gold ones, and I've been trying for bronze but it's just-

"Oh look a luna-"

"Wait nevermind it's gone now"

I don't know which is worse: Xeno hunting or this.

More like:

"Oh--"

"It's gone"

You barely have to register the fact that they're there before they're gone lol

xd.png

Edited by xxBurningxx

That's purely user driven though. I was talking about what the actual game presents And even considering user driven rarity what I said is still valid. The same is true of coppers - they're finally becoming easier to grab because, finally, there are species being released that rival them in popularity and have caused the pressure to ease up on them a bit. Xenowyrms have not been DROPPING as rares - I see enough of them go by in a blink. tongue.gif They're just super super popular. The same has happened in the past with Blusangs. But given enough time that popularity inevitably fades and the once-impossible-to-catch pseudorare drops to  a more manageable level of catchability for the average player. The only ones that stay difficult like that long term are the ones that really do drop as rares/very rares - which right now is honestly only Silver and Gold.

Unfortunately my laptop got messed up by someone so it's lagging badly on its own even without any DC lag, so I've found catching these very difficult myself this time. sad.gif Got only four golds and no browns/bronzes so far. Still trying though and have hope that in time the newness will wear off and they'll become easier to grab.

See, I get the impression that the Xenos are Uncommons (like Coppers) while Lunar Heralds are actual legit commons. Will they be driven into somewhat of a pseudo-rare state? Quite possibly; but they'll likely recover from it before the Xenos fully recover. I expect them to be as easy to get as Seasonals (if not easier) at least by the time Halloween is over.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I feel like this will be worse than xenos because there's only 3 biomes instead of all of them

Anyways, I got me some bronzes and I'm going to bed now for school. See ya guys, and I hope y'all get yourselfs some bronzes as well <3

When you keep missing the new color of Lunar Heralds over and over...

user posted image

I've been lurking here for some time, hoping for LadyLyzar to release more info now that TJ's dragons are adults, but no luck yet, just the occasional tease. *gives the mob that was going to tickle the information out of her some stray crow feathers to help*

I'm glad that we'll (apparently) be getting CBs of each color, but I feel everyone's frustration with how hard they are to catch! dry.gif It's really annoying when you have all the regular eggs mixing in with a new release, but it's ten times more frustrating when there are four varieties of said new release, which is still kind of a mystery breed, and everyone's rushing to snatch the new eggs up all at once. Remember when new releases would completely fill the cave(s) for at least a day or so? Some people complained about it back then, but I bet they miss it now. I know I do. I hate my first post to be a complaint when we have these beautiful new dragons to admire, but this inconveniences everybody.

That said, I really do like these new dragons and I will be eagerly waiting, alongside everyone else, to finally get some more information on them. A big thank you to LadyLyzar, and I promise we won't "interrogate" you too harshly for said information. wink.gif

I'm sorry you feel that way. The latest releases were the most "reinvigorating" I experienced. People are so involved and challenged. It is a pleasure just being here and reading the thread.

I do not know what you mean exactly by " designed just to make us sit here all day long" but if a site is able to attract their users for long time, that is considered a success, not a failure.

If a site frustrates users by making things too difficult to obtain, they're going to hemorrhage users. This might be forcing us to spend more time here in the short term, but in the long term we get fed up with it.

I feel like this will be worse than xenos because there's only 3 biomes instead of all of them

Nah, that won't be an issue. The number of biomes a breed drops in doesn't affect the amount of that breed the cave generates. Having them be in only three biomes rather than all of them increases user competition, but it doesn't make them less common than the all biome breeds.

At least I know if I can't get any of the other colors, I'll have a lot of gold ones. I think I'll wait until the hourly drop to keep trying for the bronze lunars.

At least I know if I can't get any of the other colors, I'll have a lot of gold ones. I think I'll wait until the hourly drop to keep trying for the bronze lunars.

To be honest, I find the half hour drop is better because lots gets added, without the hourly lag. smile.gif

Edit: LadyLyzar, I can see you... Thank you for these beauties!

Edited by MessengerDragon

More like:

"Oh--"

"It's gone"

You barely have to register the fact that they're there before they're gone lol

xd.png

Very true then if you do happen to click on one as fast as you can, over and over again you still do not get it.That is what it is to me anyway now. sad.gif

I think it'll be ok. Given how MANY I keep seeing today, they're not rare. At all. If I can see at least 2 per 5 minute drop, it's not rare. Things'll die down after the hype train leaves the station. tongue.gif

I have to say though, I said all along brown would come after gold. wink.gif Now if my theory is correct, blue is next.

Edit: Also, the moons do seem to be synchronized. They're both waning crescents now. 4 days per 'stage'? hmm. So we have a 16 day cycle perhaps?

Edited by zaverxi

I went on my scroll for awhile to see 2 beautiful golds that I caught! smile.gif Now to catch the bronze.

I think I need to take a break already. I've seen, like, 4 new eggs, and each one I've missed. It's starting to annoy the heck out of me and I can tell I need to step back for a moment.

Is anyone finding these new brown ones easy to catch? Or is it difficult across the board?

Still no bronzes (barely have time to see any!) but perhaps in the morning when the world should be asleep >.>

Until then, I'll be happy with the Gaia Xeno I just snagged xd.png

Still want 3 more golds too.... I hope you all are right and these will end up common!

This is so weird... I don't even SEE any... are they even popping up?

That's ironic, coming from The Flash wink.gif

But yes, they're dropping - they go by incredibly fast. I have no idea how some people actually prefer using their phones over computers. I've got a pair at least, but still quite frustrating hunting these little ones down!

You'll see a few an hour that last less than a second. Doesn't matter how fast you click them, of course.

Add to that the fact that random releases have already made me completely unlikely to breed or do other activities in case of a surprise release, and I feel like this is starting to be designed just to make us sit here all day long.  sad.gif

I don't like the idea of random releases either, but I'm gradually being reassured by how not random they've been this year.

Every release (post-holiday madness):

Gemshard/Colossus/Striped River - March 28. Last weekend of month.

Anagallis - April 26. Last weekend of month.

Magelight/Hooktalon/GSD - May 20. DC's birthday, fixed-date release each year.

Xenos - June 27. Last weekend of month.

Spirit Ward - July 26. Last weekend of month.

Lunar Herald - Aug 29. Last weekend of month.

TJ might always change this to mess with us, but the 'random' releases we were all worried about when he announced them haven't materialized. It may not be the same day or hour each time, but at least we know the 48-hour bracket to have our scrolls open and to check back in as often as real life allows.

You had a hard time with the Spirit Ward release? Those really weren't bad at all.

The individual xenos weren't so bad either, imo, it's that there were so darn many types we had to divide our attention between six breeds and six biomes for the entire flood AND the decrease period. If someone had decided to grab ONLY one or two types it would have been a much easier armful. So nobody got as many as we can usually hoard during a single-breed release, and then they were both in high demand and rare afterward. /inflammatory comment

That said, I strongly wish there had been minifloods for the subsequent Lunar colors! This is going to be extremely frustrating. It's effectively three releases with no special drop period at all.

Edit:

Edit: Also, the moons do seem to be synchronized. They're both waning crescents now. 4 days per 'stage'? hmm. So we have a 16 day cycle perhaps?

I think/hope it's longer than 4 days, and we just got the release partway through waning gibbous instead of at the beginning.

Edited by Gryphonic