TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Locked with the golds like everyone else lol.

I knew catching the stupid alts was going to be a miserable time.

Why? People seem to be happily catching Bronze Lunars, they aren't really Alts.

I can't believe a new color of these new eggs is dropping! xd.png I guess it makes sense, now that Aurax and Cirion are both "waning crescents" lol

Wow, i saw my very first Gold Dragon in the cave of course i was too slow and i also saw a Silver and guess what? Yeah, also too slow. So CBs of this two breeds are not just rumours. tongue.gif

I was hoping to get aonther golden Lunar Herald (or was it Lunar Herold?) out of the Desert and then when i was waiting for the 5-minute mark and reading in this thread i saw they are now brown. I should have take a look at the time reference page first.

The best thing besides the phases of the moons are "The sun is setting." or "The sun is rising." or no sentence at all, so now we know when our Sunrise/-set eggs will hatch and which breed we will get. cool.gif

Hoping for better hunting luck tomorrow.

I got one. smile.gif

and a misclick. Which I'll promptly AP in 5 hours. I see them. I have only been quick enough to catch the one so far, but they just started dropping, so I've got a few days to keep trying.

Why? People seem to be happily catching Bronze Lunars, they aren't really Alts.

Some people always do. I'm not some people, so I'm forced to waste my night, unable to really focus on anything else lest I miss the five minute shuffle. And of course there's always the horrible lag on the hour. This is why I wish no dragon had alts. It's nowhere near as insufferable as Black Alts (I've been breeding black dragons for eight months and got a grand total of one, that still gendered wrong), but it's still not a fun time.

Some people always do. I'm not some people, so I'm forced to waste my night, unable to really focus on anything else lest I miss the five minute shuffle. And of course there's always the horrible lag on the hour. This is why I wish no dragon had alts. It's nowhere near as insufferable as Black Alts (I've been breeding black dragons for eight months and got a grand total of one, that still gendered wrong), but it's still not a fun time.

I have no doubts that some really awesome people will be gifting a few of these in the Departures Thread, and a lot of times the people gifting them restrict it to only people who have none, so at least there's that~

I've had no luck either so far (but then again, the bronze ones have only been out for like a couple hours xd.png)

I have no doubts that some really awesome people will be gifting a few of these in the Departures Thread, and a lot of times the people gifting them restrict it to only people who have none, so at least there's that~

I've had no luck either so far (but then again, the bronze ones have only been out for like a couple hours xd.png)

I honestly don't like accepting gifts, so that'll help some, but that's not a fallback in my case.

As the hours go on, these will just get harder and harder to catch. More dragons will mix in and more people will realize the alt is dropping. It'll get worse, not better.

I honestly don't like accepting gifts, so that'll help some, but that's not a fallback in my case.

As the hours go on, these will just get harder and harder to catch. More dragons will mix in and more people will realize the alt is dropping. It'll get worse, not better.

True it will get hardier but think of the hard work and time put into catching them. I wish you and the others the best of luck finding and catching them.

This is why I wish no dragon had alts. It's nowhere near as insufferable as Black Alts (I've been breeding black dragons for eight months and got a grand total of one, that still gendered wrong), but it's still not a fun time.

I don't see these as alts. They're just like seasonals on an accelerated cycle - yeah, we're complaining about them appearing now when so many of use are locked and they're shiny new, but they'll be around for a while. And if we don't get our fill in the next week they'll be back in probably a month, which is better than having to wait a full year for the seasonals to be right again! Theoretically every color should be equally common in the caves in their turn.

(No, I don't have any bronzes yet. I'm locked with the golds and a misclick until tomorrow morning, and wont be home from work and errands to get on DC till 7pm cave time. dry.gif )

I can't help you there, then xd.png

I'd just say that persistence is probably key. Stalking every 5 minute drop, really (although I agree that hourly drops are probably not even worth the trouble, the lag is so bad).

MOOOOOOOON PHASE CHANGE!!!! AND NEW EGGS!!!!

- The DC Moon Watch Doc will also be updated!

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are now in the  Waning CRESENT phase.

- Everyone is now catching Brown eggs in the Cave!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 5.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it's not motion illusion.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

It doesn't work that way. More others will not "mix in". It's as mixed as it's gonna get. Now, the proportion that drop may vary, but it's not going to get progressively rarer automatically and ove rtime it will fluctuate.

I haven't grabbed any of the new color eggs yet, but I may try again tomorrow. Hopefully they won't be almost impossible to grab then. tongue.gif I seem to have more luck finding them in the desert, probably because people are mainly looking in the other two biomes.

Edited by ressamp

It doesn't work that way. More others will not "mix in". It's as mixed as it's gonna get. Now, the proportion that drop may vary, but it's not going to get progressively rarer automatically and ove rtime it will fluctuate.

Iunno about that. Xenos were fairly common for a whole month and then went the way of the dodo once the July release happened. They seem to be easing up again a little now, but they're still not half as common as they were then.

I don't see these as alts. They're just like seasonals on an accelerated cycle - yeah, we're complaining about them appearing now when so many of use are locked and they're shiny new, but they'll be around for a while. And if we don't get our fill in the next week they'll be back in probably a month, which is better than having to wait a full year for the seasonals to be right again! Theoretically every color should be equally common in the caves in their turn.

(No, I don't have any bronzes yet. I'm locked with the golds and a misclick until tomorrow morning, and wont be home from work and errands to get on DC till 7pm cave time. dry.gif )

Hunting them will certainly be far harder in a month. They won't have the increased drop rate, so that's more wasted time hammering the refresh key.

ugh they need to drop in floods again DX

I second that. I've been searching for the last 15 minutes and I'm hardly seeing any dropping at all! huh.gifunsure.gif

I'm not even seeing them drop at this point. @_@ Oh well, I'm not backing down from this challenge.

Iunno about that. Xenos were fairly common for a whole month and then went the way of the dodo once the July release happened. They seem to be easing up again a little now, but they're still not half as common as they were then.

i hope they don't become rare!

Well, I had bet the Xenos were going to become quite more common so I did wait. And in the last couple of days I've been catching CBs from the AP, ready to be incubated and hatch smile.gif

I second that. I've been searching for the last 15 minutes and I'm hardly seeing any dropping at all!  huh.gif  unsure.gif

i have not even seen any D:

EDIT:saw one but miss clicked thren tried to bite and it DIED UGGGGHHHHHHHHH

capatcha for the cave may be opposed but miss-clicks would be a thing of the past!

Edited by blockEdragon