TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Sleep-depriving yourself? That's a bit much...

Oh, I was only thinking 2 drop's worth. I'm already up later than I meant to be, and I won't get my usual post-work nap tomorrow or the day after, so by Friday evening I'll have gotten at best 8 hour's sleep over 3 nights.

There are several good reasons Friday will also be my last day of work here. Delayed Sleep-Phase Disorder is a big one. (Means neither drugs nor long-term necessity allow me to fall asleep before ~ 2am. So having a lot of early morning-shifts back to back... yeah. It's been a bad year.)

Hopefully hunting at ungodly hours on a weekday will be a little better. It's worked in the past. And two golds will have hatched by then. smile.gif

With the way these are going I'm wondering if they're meant to be progressively rare, which could be a bit of a pain in the butt tbh. I was rather hoping they'd be bred only. >.>

I've lost count of how many I've missed so far. All I know is that I've unfortunately obtained zero brown eggs.

Though knowing my luck with the gold ones, I should probably wait until they start popping up in AP. laugh.gif

So not a fan of this new method of release.

With only one color dropping like a new release and the other colors the very devil to catch because they aren't dropping en masse and are mixed with other stuff from the start, it's going to cause a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Drat! I was nearly scroll-locked with nice things when they started dropping. xd.png Well, I haven't had much trouble getting them thus far, so I am not too worried. I see them pop up pretty frequently, so they are probably uncommon at best (worst?). Heck, I see them pop up even between the five minute marks. Someone grabs one egg, and another lunar appears. They are just getting snagged quickly right now, as there are 30 to 50+ people in the biomes (as opposed to the usual ~10 to 12 people). I caught two CB gold lunars in the AP just before the bronzes started, so that makes three total pairs of them. biggrin.gif

If I get enough bronzes (my least favourite of the colours, though still lovely) over the next day or so, I'll see about dropping some randomly about for people who have a hard time catching them. cool.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

Was there an actual post that said what the intended rarity would be? Kinda wondering if these may be like the Pyralspite, how certain colors are more common since they all count towards the same ratio?

Like I know others are having trouble but I managed to grab 6 of the gold ones without trying much at all, and two of the brown ones just trying at drops while doing other things..but they are getting harder to grab since so many people are hunting.

Was there an actual post that said what the intended rarity would be? Kinda wondering if these may be like the Pyralspite, how certain colors are more common since they all count towards the same ratio?

Like I know others are having trouble but I managed to grab 6 of the gold ones without trying much at all, and two of the brown ones just trying at drops while doing other things..but they are getting harder to grab since so many people are hunting.

I doubt there was an "initial rarity" considering that these were supposed to be potential prize dragons. Ergo, I'm guessing TJ decided on their rarity himself...

Drat! I was nearly scroll-locked with nice things when they started dropping. xd.png Well, I haven't had much trouble getting them thus far, so I am not too worried.

I was just congratulating myself for having 14 cbs of the gold, when I wandered over here and saw what was going on, haha! I'm abandoning one gold at a time to replace with a bronze, hopefully that will get me a full set or I can trade golds for bronzes if necessary.

I just missed like 5 eggs in a row, plus an xeno.

Yeah, with three to five times as many people in each biome right now, you literally have to be hovering over it, have lightning-fast reading speed, and equally fast reaction time to grab one. I think it'll be much like the gold drops. Once the fast clickers fill up with them, the next in line can get some, and so on and so forth. They are dropping pretty frequently.

To be honest, I've been hunting for quite a long time, and I only have one brown. However, I'm still enjoying the release because they're so pretty! Also because I can see that they're there, and it's also fun to see so many of the 'mythical' rares, even if not catch them.

To be honest, I've been hunting for quite a long time, and I only have one brown. However, I'm still enjoying the release because they're so pretty! Also because I can see that they're there, and it's also fun to see so many of the 'mythical' rares, even if not catch them.

What biome are you looking in? I have seen a bunch in the volcano and a reasonable number in the desert. The alpine is just insanely packed right now, so they are gone before my page even refreshes all the way, I'm sure.

EDIT: As soon as I post that, the volcano got packed. Haha!

Edited by harlequinraven

What biome are you looking in? I have seen a bunch in the volcano and a reasonable number in the desert. The alpine is just insanely packed right now, so they are gone before my page even refreshes all the way, I'm sure.

I've been seeing the masses shift from biome to biome, haha xd.png For a little while there will be 60+ in the Volcano and about 40 in the Alps, and then a little bit latter the reverse, like what you just said laugh.gif

I personally have just been sticking with the desert, regardless of how many people are there (although that hasn't worked very well for me lol, maybe I should start biome jumping too)

I've been seeing the masses shift from biome to biome, haha xd.png For a little while there will be 60+ in the Volcano and about 40 in the Alps, and then a little bit latter the reverse, like what you just said laugh.gif

I personally have just been sticking with the desert, regardless of how many people are there (although that hasn't worked very well for me lol, maybe I should start biome jumping too)

I tend to just go to whichever one is the least filled at the time. I've been super lucky getting rares in the OTHER biomes while everyone else was hunting the gold lunars. Haha! I snagged a CB silver a couple days ago. O_O That made me yippy-skippy! I was waiting to pack my scroll full of the lunars until I saw the adults. Of course, now I love them and wish I had grabbed a full scroll, but I'll take that silver! I can't decide which I like best; the golds (very unusual for me, as I tend not to like gold too much) or the silver-whites. #whyaretheysopretty

Edited by harlequinraven

It's all about the timing of the refresh - that's why I'm not seeing them. And my internet sucks, so I have to take that into account. tongue.gif

Oh, I've seen plenty. smile.gif I start at the desert, click any I see, then try the other two biomes and click the ones I see there.

Well I misclicked a pygmy so I am done for tonight since it filled up my last egg-slot. i was hoping for a 5th Brown one but it looks like a no xd.png hopefully I can catch a 5th one later.

Oh, I've seen plenty. smile.gif I start at the desert, click any I see, then try the other two biomes and click the ones I see there.

Oops, I misread you! I thought you only SAW one brown. Oi, time for me to go to bed! Haha! It's been a long day, including four hours in a river, doing a field lab with students. I'll have some hatchies grown by the time I wake up and am done with lecture tomorrow, so I will snag some more browns then. wink.gif

I think I'll just patiently bide my time until the the race to catch them has subsided. It's not like they're going anywhere anytime soon. Besides, I'm scroll-locked.

I tend to just go to whichever one is the least filled at the time. I've been super lucky getting rares in the OTHER biomes while everyone else was hunting the gold lunars. Haha! I snagged a CB silver a couple days ago. O_O That made me yippy-skippy! I was waiting to pack my scroll full of the lunars until I saw the adults. Of course, now I love them and wish I had grabbed a full scroll, but I'll take that silver! I can't decide which I like best; the golds (very unusual for me, as I tend not to like gold too much) or the silver-whites. #whyaretheysopretty

Hahah yeah, that's usually what I do during new releases, hunt in the empty biomes while everyone else is occupied xd.png Congrats on the Silver! The only "rares" I've seen pass by during this whole fiasco have been a few Xenos and a Thunder lol.

And same! Usually I'm a bigger fan of silver/blue/any cool colors, but the golds are really stunning! I honestly think I love the golds/blues/silvers equally this time around (bronze the least, but they're still really pretty)

If these were at first Prize dragon ideas were there always the 4 colors or just 3? Also were they always moon related or not o:?

I'm gonna casually hunt for them once my two goldies hatch. I dunno if I'll actually get one, but I can hunt while I'm up at least. xd.png

If these were at first Prize dragon ideas were there always the 4 colors or just 3? Also were they always moon related or not o:?

The blue one was probably supposed to be LadyLyzar's alt wink.gif