TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I would just like one bronze. That's all I have space for anyway.

Same hahaha. I've got homework I really, really should be doing but I'm not going to until I get a bronze lol. I want at least one. xd.png

I don't have any room for some right now. xd.png I hope they'll be easier to catch a little after 3am.

Of course the new color started showing up just after I went offline for a few hours, lol. And I've got four other eggs taking up my spaces until tomorrow. Oops.

Edit: And of course the first thing I do is misclick a Serragama. Double oops.

Edited by Amberfly

I got one bronze at the beginning of the hour and haven't gotten another since. I only want 2 from the first night's drop. Is that really so much to ask? grrr.

I got one bronze at the beginning of the hour and haven't gotten another since. I only want 2 from the first night's drop. Is that really so much to ask? grrr.

Well... try the Desert. There are "only" 46 people there smile.gif Not too bad compared with Volcano and Alpine.

Is this just me or this is such an exciting longgggggggggggggg release?

LOL I saw Xenos sitting for 5 refreshes. As usual: rares do not show usually BECAUSE THE BIOMES DO NOT MOVE. As soon as there is a release and there are dozens of people catching, rares show up very frequently. There is no better time to catch rares than during a release smile.gif

I agree with your second and fourth sentences entirely, but most of the rares I've been seeing an unusual amount of are in coast, forest, and jungle. That doesn't come from turnover due to Lunar-grabbing. So, are they just sitting longer than usual, or are they actually spawning slightly more often right now?

Whoops, misclicked a Anagallis hahahaha rolleyes.gif

At least it's only my second egg tongue.gif

I agree with your second and fourth sentences entirely, but most of the rares I've been seeing an unusual amount of are in coast, forest, and jungle. That doesn't come from turnover due to Lunar-grabbing. So, are they just sitting longer than usual, or are they actually spawning slightly more often right now?

Yeah, the large amount of spessartines can't be attributed to the biome moving quicker. Almandines, which are in one of the lunar biomes, are not appearing as often.

Well, I probably won't be able to get the other colors.

But I managed to snag a Ridgewing Alt via misclick, so I have that going for me.

Edited by 413x

Well, I probably won't be able to get the other colors.

But I managed to snag a Ridgewing Alt via misclick, so I have that going for me.

lucky, all i got was a rancid

Well... try the Desert. There are "only" 46 people there smile.gif Not too bad compared with Volcano and Alpine.

Is this just me or this is such an exciting longgggggggggggggg release?

The Desert had 78 at the hour and lagged for half of the first minute. And then there were only a 3 visible.

fantastic!

But they are beautiful sprites.

Yeah, the large amount of spessartines can't be attributed to the biome moving quicker. Almandines, which are in one of the lunar biomes, are not appearing as often.

Spessartines aren't technically any rarer than Pyropes. The Alpine and Volcano release simply shoved most of the Pyrals into the Coast, so they end up being Spessartines.

Spessartines aren't technically any rarer than Pyropes. The Alpine and Volcano release simply shoved most of the Pyrals into the Coast, so they end up being Spessartines.

Oh. That makes sense. I didn't look at it that way. To be honest, I'm glad - the oranges were my favourite ones all along.

Frankly, the rares I saw were mostly on the biomes where the new release was dropping. There must be a cumulative effect. If I understood correctly one of TJ's posts, more people are online, more eggs are dropped. And people that are online, once they catch the new releases they want (not everybody wants to use every slot for a new release) go hunt on quieter biomes. I know I do smile.gif

I hate to say it, but these last two releases have been the least fun since I started playing around 5 years ago. In fact, they've been downright stressful.

Add to that the fact that random releases have already made me completely unlikely to breed or do other activities in case of a surprise release, and I feel like this is starting to be designed just to make us sit here all day long. sad.gif

Does anyone have adults yet? I'd love to know for sure if we can get these browns through breeding.

I'm refreshing the biomes right now, but I'm not too worried about getting the browns. I like the golds best anyways.

I hate to say it, but these last two releases have been the least fun since I started playing around 5 years ago. In fact, they've been downright stressful.

Add to that the fact that random releases have already made me completely unlikely to breed or do other activities in case of a surprise release, and I feel like this is starting to be designed just to make us sit here all day long. sad.gif

You had a hard time with the Spirit Ward release? Those really weren't bad at all.

Well I was just about to go to sleep.... guess I will spend some time misclicking eggs lol

LOL RIGHT

Honestly I just want to snag /one/ and it's kinda starting to get irritating. I think I'll do my homework, shower, and then come back to see if things are a little less hectic.

I guess I was more referring to the Xenos and this one; forgot about the Spirit Wards, tbh.

I spend all my time trying to get hard to find eggs, and then neglect the stuff I currently have!

Although, I will say I have massive lag at all times, and the hourly drops hang for over a minute for me.

And my internet connection is otherwise quite good.

Edited by lean2fire

I'm sorry you feel that way. The latest releases were the most "reinvigorating" I experienced. People are so involved and challenged. It is a pleasure just being here and reading the thread.

I do not know what you mean exactly by " designed just to make us sit here all day long" but if a site is able to attract their users for long time, that is considered a success, not a failure.