TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

i just bred all my CB reds and autoed the eggs to the AP.

i bred 36 reds for the ap. there's going to be a lot of reds there, but i'm sure they won't take long to be picked up smile.gif

i'm really excited about these moon phase dragons. i love the wings on the hatchies. my eggs will hatch in 8 hours *pokes eggs* .

i'm in australia, so the release time was perfect for me (mid afternoon), though i was a couple of hours late due to chatting to a friend.

i bred 36 reds for the ap. there's going to be a lot of reds there, but i'm sure they won't take long to be picked up smile.gif

i'm really excited about these moon phase dragons. i love the wings on the hatchies. my eggs will hatch in 8 hours *pokes eggs* .

i'm in australia, so the release time was perfect for me (mid afternoon), though i was a couple of hours late due to chatting to a friend.

i need more reds but im egg locked.hope there still reds in the ap after 8 hours

4 hours 4 hours 4 hours 4 hours

C'mon my little lizardlings, come out so I can find you more brothers and sisters before I go to bed!

Maybe I'll breed my pinks to the AP to kill time. Everyone likes finding low-time pinks.

Edit: that was 8 or 9 eggs I sent out. And seems my ratio of male:female CB pinks is off.

i need more reds but im egg locked.hope there still reds in the ap after 8 hours
Eggs sent to the AP now won't appear till they reach the age of the current AP page's selection + 1 day. So, about 4 days from now assuming the AP doesn't get gobbled up. Edited by Gryphonic

4 hours 4 hours 4 hours 4 hours

C'mon my little lizardlings, come out so I can find you more brothers and sisters before I go to bed!

Maybe I'll breed my pinks to the AP to kill time.  Everyone likes finding low-time pinks.

Eggs sent to the AP now won't appear till they reach the age of the current AP page's selection + 1 day.  So, about 4 days from now assuming the AP doesn't get gobbled up.

i was wondering how long it takes eggs to get to the ap, thanks for answering that before i'd even asked smile.gif

i might do a few pinks too, just to pass the time while we wait...

i'm trying to catch up on the last 20 pages of this thread, as it's fun reading all the speculation about the different egg colours. i think that the most likely theory is that they will be different every week, but i'm probably quite wrong laugh.gif

Edited by greycat

Finally caught my two and influenced and incubated them! Excited for these little ones! Also observed a lot for my encyclopedia latter.

As for the different colors, of course it is all guess work but I will make a few observations. (Dunno who all has already made the same, but I'll write them anyway.)

There are four main phases of the moon: New, first quarter, full, and last quarter. There are four colors of this new dragon. Coincidence? Or you could look at those four phases as dividers between the other lunar phases since those four only occur on a single day: waxing crescent, waxing gibbous, waning gibbous, and waning crescent.

Also on Earth the lunar cycle is 29.5 days, or about a month. So the phase changes roughly once a week. (As marked on some calendars.) Since all other seasons and times in Valkemare follow Earth's eastern time zone (winter and summer, night and day) can we assume the moon does as well? The phase of Earth's moon is currently waning gibbous. It was full on the 29th of August, the last quarter is on September 5th and afterwards it switches to waning crescent. Maybe they'll change color then.

I had something to do, So I'm gonna ask again.. They are still dropping? xd.png

Of course they are. xd.png

It's midnight DC time and there is no change in moon phases as of yet.

The phase of Earth's moon is currently waning gibbous. It was full on the 29th of August, the last quarter is on September 5th and afterwards it switches to waning crescent. Maybe they'll change color then.

Agree with all the rest, though Valkemare's moons were waning gibbous the day before Earth's moon was full, so they seem a bit ahead. But for simplicity's sake and for consideration to catchers, it may be programmed to just change each weekend at the same time as though echoing the original release.

Unless the moons both follow each other's cycles exactly (which would be rather sad), I wonder if we'll be able to get two different types of these dragons at certain times, if one moon's in one phase and the other in another?

It's midnight DC time and there is no change in moon phases as of yet.

Nope. I even got all excited when I saw 3 lunar eggs in the Desert since for a split second I thought they shifted over and started flooding, but alas~ xd.png Maybe 6am will see a change.

I had a hunch that TJ would release them near the end of August so went there tonight and sure enough he had in being sneaky and releasing them 2 days ago. I got my 2 goldies from the Volcano--easier to grab than last month's. Now I will sit back and wait for the rest. Speaking of the moon it was supposed to be a Supermoon according to the news but I never saw it here due to the heavy cloud cover:(

I laughed at my last gold egg I caught its code begins with oj??? Orange Juice maybe??? biggrin.gif And speaking of dragons I won a stuffed one at the Canadian National Exhibition this weekend playing the water gun games. Got him less for $20.00 and is a purple and yellow one. I got a smaller one that I won breaking balloons at our local fair in June. I call him Smokey Sunshine as he is black and yellow. Haven't thought of a name yet for my purple one. smile.gif l

Agree with all the rest, though Valkemare's moons were waning gibbous the day before Earth's moon was full, so they seem a bit ahead. But for simplicity's sake and for consideration to catchers, it may be programmed to just change each weekend at the same time as though echoing the original release.

I SO hope that you're right (complete with Floods) regarding that 2nd sentence, lol.

Also, it would keep interest high (and the fansites going probably at least a bit better) all month. smile.gif

It would be nice to have the 4 of them in a month. Faster then Seasonal Dragons! smile.gif

Edited by NekoA

I'm not sure if this is intended, or if it was a coincidence but a "supermoon" rose on Aug 29.

Fun Fact: #Supermoon has been trending for a while. A supermoon is a "closer-than-normal Full Moon." Two more such supermoons are expected to follow on Sept. 27 or 28 and Oct. 27.

If interested, here is the Link

Edited by chrispy

Aww man, missed the release - how often are these guys still dropping? :3

Lol, I see they're still dropping - just snagged 4 gold ones. smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

How do people snag them so quickly. I have to really work for mine.

Speaking of the moon it was supposed to be a Supermoon according to the news but I never saw it here due to the heavy cloud cover:( 

As to the moon, 'supermoon' is a bit of a misnomer. It just means the moon is full when near its closest approach. The difference in apparent size is too small to be noticed by the human eye. So don't worry, next month's full moon will be just as cool, and the ones following!

How do people snag them so quickly. I have to really work for mine.

This surprised me too, it usually takes me ages to grab a single egg during the new release. Anywhoo, now I'm happily egglocked and am wishing good luck to all hunters out there! smile.gif

Btw, does anyone know when is the next color variation supposed to show up?

Edited by stagazer_7