TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Little hint - I noticed that they drop the best at five minute intervals (xx:00, xx:05, xx:10 and so on) and mostly without much other eggs mixing in. At least that was what I saw. smile.gif

That's what I've been checking(didn't see any at the last hour drop) but I'm stuck on my phone so it takes me longer to click/load and I miss most of them. >_<

Edited by Raikielia

The DC Moon Watch has been updated with a new Lunar Asynchronization Sheet (courtesy of Pinkgothic), which shows which Cave and Bred eggs show up under the different lunar phases of the two moons.

- This way if the moon phases are asynchronous, we'll be able to figure out what eggs show up where.

The Moon Phases sheet has also been updated (since 3 AM today) to be prettier and easier to read. There is also an introductory "Notes" page that explains what the sheets are about, and what you can do to help.

- The intro page also has an image explaining the moon phases, thanks to Gryphonic.

Please leave a comment if anything new comes up!

Edit: I submitted too soon. Oh well.

Edited by Shokomon

That's what I've been checking(didn't see any at the last hour drop) but I'm stuck on my phone so it takes me longer to click/load and I miss most of them. >_<

i saw none in alpine or volcano but i saw a couple of full rows of the eggs in desert,you just have to be quick

i saw none in alpine or volcano but i saw a couple of full rows of the eggs in desert,you just have to be quick

No censorkip.gif. As I said before I'm not in the position to be super fast(and won't be for a week).

No censorkip.gif. As I said before I'm not in the position to be super fast(and won't be for a week).

Wow, no need to be so rude.

Well since it seems the initial drop is over and we are still seeing them so frequently, chances are they will be for a while (like the Spirit Wards) I'm fairly sure people who cant get them now will be able to later.

Alright! Managed to grab some with only two missclicks. Are they only dropping in Alpine & are only the golden ones dropping?

Alright! Managed to grab some with only two missclicks. Are they only dropping in Alpine & are only the golden ones dropping?

As of right now yes, there is still speculation about the other 3 but the most common thought is that when the moons position changes then the other variants will be available. They are currently in Apline, Desert and Volcano.

Edited by dragontamer44722

As of right now yes, there is still speculation about the other 3 but the most common thought is that when the moons position changes then the other variants will be available. They are currently in Apline, Desert and Volcano.

BOOYAH! Thanks for the info. smile.gif Will trade accordingly!

So many possibilities of how the other colours will come to be. Reading the different theories in this thread is interesting.

I really like the look of the hatchlings. All colours look cool. Big hopes for the adults smile.gif

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the Waning Gibbous phase.

- Everyone has only captured Gold eggs thus far.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from the earth, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edit: Added more theories.

Edit2: And more theories.

Edited by Shokomon

New eggs! Yay! Now I finally have an opportunity to try and grab one.

Thanks for the summary Shokomon!

*taps fingers together* If I were the type to gamble, I would bet that next Saturday is when the next color will drop. The idea of a cycle similar to our own moon's seems the most convenient. And I like the idea that one moon could be for catching eggs, and one could be for breeding.

*taps fingers together* If I were the type to gamble, I would bet that next Saturday is when the next color will drop. The idea of a cycle similar to our own moon's seems the most convenient. And I like the idea that one moon could be for catching eggs, and one could be for breeding.

Oh, I so hope you're right, and that each colour Floods in turn, each time, and is each considered separately, to prevent each colour from becoming progressively less visible to the bulk of the members.

These are really gorgeous sprites and it seems so silly and wasteful that the most gorgeous, in-demand sprites should wind up becoming inaccessible to the bulk of members...

Moon phase will most likely change in 1 week from start of drop!

I did some research and found this: Info on moon phases So get ready for the next phase most likely starting on the 5th or 6th.

The 5th is the last quarter and the 6th is the waning cresant so by the 6th should be the next egg at the very least... Just a theory

website says:

Currently Waning gibbous

Sept 6th Waning Cresent

Sept 14th Waxing Crescent

Sept 22nd Waxing Gibbous

Edited by jessabelleanna

Moon phase will most likely change in 1 week from start of drop!

I did some research and found this: Info on moon phases So get ready for the next phase most likely starting on the 5th or 6th.

The 5th is the last quarter and the 6th is the waning cresant so by the 6th should be the next egg at the very least... Just a theory

That's for the RL moon. These eggs are affected by Valkemere's moons.

Thanks for the summary Shokomon!

I think I would be going nuts right now if this drop happened, say, 6 months ago. Trying to figure out moon phases that we really *can't* know for sure about yet. But now I'm content to just sit by and read all the theories and know that I have 4 gold lunars and that's all I really need right now.

That's for the RL moon. These eggs are affected by Valkemere's moons.

Ah OK... so Dragon Cave has 2 moons... nice.. Then possibly 2 different types of these dragons will be available on the same day! Though considering the fact that both moons are currently on the same phase as our actual moon, and assuming they act somewhat like our actual moon, the next color drop should happen in a week (hopefully)

Ah OK... so Dragon Cave has 2 moons... nice.. Then possibly 2 different types of these dragons will be available on the same day! Though considering the fact that both moons are currently on the same phase as our actual moon, and assuming they act somewhat like our actual moon, the next color drop should happen in a week (hopefully)

Aurax and Cirion were waning before our moon was full though.

Would it be possible that Cirion orbits Aurax, and that their cycle is aligned at the moment?