TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

The new releases are still getting snatched up really fast, the biomes are moving so quickly. I just saw like 5 Xenowyrms zip past in the past couple minutes.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Three of mine are almost ready to hatch and I can't wait already! wub.gif

I just noticed one of mine has the code "Iz4YA". I've never had a character code before. (Pity I'm not a Durarara fan, eh?)

Ah, finally!! They all hatched, and I fogged them for protection for a while. Now I'm supposed to go to bed? I don't think so, too worked up and happy! laugh.gif

Not going to get any more, 2 pairs is enough for me. I may try to catch for others tho....

My first one hatched, incubated the remaining three with freshly off cooldown reds. smile.gif Thank God I decided not to catch anything and emptied my scroll of growing creatures by Friday. biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ. Oooh, so pretty.

Locations:

Alpine, Desert, Volcano.

Getting in on these late so thanks for the tip!

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the  Waning Gibbous phase.

- Everyone has only captured Gold eggs thus far.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from the earth, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edit: Added more theories.

Edit2: And more theories.

So, it's past 6 am... And the moon's are still Waning Gibbous... Am I to assume that everyone is still getting golds or has other colors shown up?

Sigh.

Man. I was really hoping DC's Lunar cycle was not equivalent to Earth's. Even if the phases change in a week, it means I have to hunt for a whole month to see what eggs come up for a complete cycle. This doesn't even include breeding.

Ugh!

user posted image

Man. I was really hoping DC's Lunar cycle was not equivalent to Earth's. Even if the phases change in a week, it means I have to hunt for a whole month to see what eggs come up for a complete cycle. This doesn't even include breeding.

Ugh!

user posted image

Think how the first people who saw the seasonals felt. They had to wait a whole season to get the next one. Missed winter? Wait a year. xd.png

Sorry. Don't mean to poke fun, but it was the first thing I thought of. xd.png

And yes, we are still getting gold. At least, an egg I caught an hour or so ago was gold. ^-^

Oh~ my. ohmy.gif Those gendered hatchies.......*squee* wub.gif

I don't know how I can pick a favorite. I really love the Silver ones, but the others look simply amazing as well. wub.gif Spriter, you have done an amazing job.

ETA: Just incubated my eggs since I forgot to do it the other day. Now they only have 2 hours until they hatch. *pokes the pretties*

Edited by Syiren

Still getting gold. Picked up a gold from Volcano just 15 minutes ago.

I'm guessing it'll be a weekly release.

Mine are taking there sweet time to hatch since I was late to the party, I am a few hours behind the first drop. *pokes eggs* come on.

Edited by majors

My first 5 eggs have hatched. I picked up 2 more, which gives me a total of 8 (before you ask, I had picked up another one yesterday.)

Now my dilemma. Do I hold the rest of those spots open or only fill them with short-time AP eggs? Or do I proceed with breeding and catching as normal, which means I may have a scroll full of things I don't want to abandon when the next color starts dropping? My head hurts! laugh.gif

At least with the seasonals you knew there wouldn't be another version released for months!

I'd just be happy with catching one of the gold ones, haha!

Seem to be rare around the cave right now.

My Cassies grew up leaving me with seven empty spaces. Now I face the dilemma of deciding whether to grab more new eggs or get other things.

I think I'm off to the AP. I got my first 7, now I can't catch one at all.

Think how the first people who saw the seasonals felt. They had to wait a whole season to get the next one. Missed winter? Wait a year. xd.png

Sorry. Don't mean to poke fun, but it was the first thing I thought of. xd.png

And yes, we are still getting gold. At least, an egg I caught an hour or so ago was gold. ^-^

At least with seasonals, you could figure out when the next one would come, so you could plan.

- So, you missed winter. Well, now you have an entire year to do other stuff, while you wait. You may even forget again, so mark the winter solstice on your calendar. That way, as soon as the egg is available, you can grab one.

- With these guys, we have no idea how the lunar cycle works, so we have no idea when the eggs are going to come. So, we have to watch and wait...Constantly.

But yeah, I see your point.

Also, the Lunar Asynchronization sheet in the DC Moon Watch Doc has been updated! Now with 300% more eggs! (So, that there is room for all four eggs.) Also, the more general info (like the wiki page) has been added to the doc.

- It has also become pretty.

Thanks for telling me no new colors yet.

When are the phases going to change? *sigh*

Edit: Adding links.

Edited by Shokomon

Five of my eggs hatched, and I got 3 new desert ones and "misclicked" an astrapi in the alpine tongue.gif

well look at it logically.

DC's schedule of seasons and solstices and time changes follow earths. so its logical that the moon phases would be the same

this release was on the peak of Earths Full Moon.

so logic dictates that the moon schedule would follow suite.

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2015/august

there are 4 variations, and 4 distinct moon phases, so its logical to assume the eggs are focused on the distinct 4 main phases of the moon

Full (Gold), Last Quarter (Silver?), New Moon (Bronze?), First Quarter (Blue?)

further more, the moons cycle is 28 days and the peak of each phase is dependent on the angle of the sun.

1st zyneath is the peak of the New Moon (when the night is at its darkest)

2nd zyneath is the peak of the First Quarter (~7days) where half of the moon (the right side) is at its brightest.

3rd zyneath is the peak of the Full Moon (~14ish days) where the moon is directly opposite the sun and is at its brightest. this we know gives us a Gold dragon.

4th zyneath is the peak of the Last Quarter (~21 days) where the left half of the moon is at its brightest.

so really, all this "zomg duno when the certain color hatchies will be out" drama is uncalled for. just google the calender for moon phases for the current month when you want to catch the certain color hatchie and you'll know the time frame that month you need to focus on.

cripes people, we're on the internet and have a wealth of info at our finger tips. instead of freaking out and going all "OMG i dont know how this works" use that bit of that grey matter between your ears and google it before panicking tongue.gif

Edited by Red2111

well look at it logically.

DC's schedule of seasons and solstices and time changes follow earths.  so its logical that the moon phases would be the same

this release was on the peak of Earths Full Moon.

so logic dictates that the moon schedule would follow suite.

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2015/august

there are 4 variations, and 4 distinct moon phases, so its logical to assume the eggs are focused on the distinct 4 main phases of the moon

Full (Gold), Last Quarter (Silver?), New Moon (Bronze?), First Quarter (Blue?)

further more, the moons cycle is 28 days and the peak of each phase is dependent on the angle of the sun.

1st zyneath is the peak of the New Moon (when the night is at its darkest)

2nd zyneath is the peak of the First Quarter (~7days) where half of the moon (the right side) is at its brightest.

3rd zyneath is the peak of the Full Moon (~14ish days) where the moon is directly opposite the sun and is at its brightest.  this we know gives us a Gold dragon.

4th zyneath is the peak of the Last Quarter (~21 days) where the left half of the moon is at its brightest.

so really, all this "zomg duno when the certain color hatchies will be out" drama is uncalled for.  just google the calender for moon phases for the current month when you want to catch the certain color hatchie and you'll know the time frame that month you need to focus on.

cripes people, we're on the internet and have a wealth of info at our finger tips.  instead of freaking out and going all "OMG i dont know how this works" use that bit of that grey matter between your ears and google it before panicking  tongue.gif

1) Seasonals came out long before any of the lore of Valkemare was revealed. Before Valkemare even had a name. At this point the Seasonals and when they change could be a case of Gameplay and Story Segregation/legacy mechanics.

2) Earth has one moon, Valkemare has two.

2b) We don't know if these have the same lunar cycle or different ones. They're the same right now, but no one's been paying attention to them before, so we don't know if they're always the same.

3) As has been said several times in this thread, Aurax and Cirion are at least 1 day ahead of the real moon, as they were waning at the time of release, a day before our moon was full.

4) Surely for something like this, the times between between the first/third quarters and full/new moons would be more important? Several days, rather than single day events, yes?

Also, that last line was uncalled for imo. No need to basically call everyone panicking imbeciles.

Edited by Ansela Jonla

I love the times of new releases, especially when the new breeds are in specific biomes so that I can lurk the others for something valuable. I even had the luck to nab a spessartine! ohmy.giflaugh.gif

1) Seasonals came out long before any of the lore of Valkemare was revealed. Before Valkemare even had a name. At this point the Seasonals and when they change could be a case of Gameplay and Story Segregation/legacy mechanics.

2) Earth has one moon, Valkemare has two.

2b) We don't know if these have the same lunar cycle or different ones. They're the same right now, but no one's been paying attention to them before, so we don't know if they're always the same.

3) As has been said several times in this thread, Aurax and Cirion are at least 1 day ahead of the real moon, as they were waning at the time of release, a day before our moon was full.

4) Surely for something like this, the times between between the first/third quarters and full/new moons would be more important? Several days, rather than single day events, yes?

Also, that last line was uncalled for imo. No need to basically call everyone panicking imbeciles.

1. excepting the fact that the change in the seasonal mechanic directly corresponds to the change in seasons here on Earth, so you're point here is moot

2a&b. which seems to be nothing more than flavor rather than actually effecting things like the time of day and the seasons as far as how the dragons act. in fact the two moon thing in this game acts as merely flavor as far as effecting the dragons and game play

http://www.universetoday.com/92148/what-if...-had-two-moons/

as you can see from the article, none of what would occur on a planet that supports life and has two moons occurs in this world.

3. and the real moon calendar can still be used as a guide for predicting when these hatchies will change, so again i fail to see your point

4. if they were then we'd have 6 to 8 hatchies, not 4.

5. if you took offense to that statement then i dont know what to say other than it was a generalized statement for people to calm down and think about it, use a bit of logic, and google it before having the knee jerk reaction of "omg new mechanic, dont like it". so if you took offense to that *shrugs* perhaps dont take things not directed at you or anyone in particular so personally??