TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I seem to remember that the two moons were in different phases from each other when I saw the page first some weeks ago... but I can't remember exactly. Why didn't I pay attention? I could kick myself right now. xd.png

My theory: It will work much like the seasonal dragons. You can catch CB's when the moons are in the right phase, or you can breed two golds and get a blue at the right time.

The interesting part will be the influence of the moons. Astrologically speaking, if they're both in the same phase, then they must be pretty close together, which, aside from having a considerable effect on the planet's tides, would also contribute to the various colors of eggs. If the moons are in slightly different orbit, then the eggs from southern regions might, for a day or two, be different, or the parents, being from opposite hemispheres, could produce a random egg.

But I think, for the sake of simplicity in the game, the color of the egg will depend solely on the phase of the moons just like the Seasonal dragons.

Edited by Blueocean

Aurax and Cirion were waning before our moon was full though.

Ah... Well then I got nothing tongue.gif

We will just have to wait until one of the phases changes and go from there...

Moon phase will most likely change in 1 week from start of drop!

I did some research and found this: Info on moon phases So get ready for the next phase most likely starting on the 5th or 6th.

The 5th is the last quarter and the 6th is the waning cresant so by the 6th should be the next egg at the very least... Just a theory

website says:

Currently Waning gibbous

Sept 6th Waning Cresent

Sept 14th Waxing Crescent

Sept 22nd Waxing Gibbous

That makes sense to me since this drop coincides with the full moon.

Aurax and Cirion were waning before our moon was full though.

Do we know the length of Valkemare's year in days and the hours in a day? Havent found any mention anywhere yet....

Do we know the length of Valkemare's year in days and the hours in a day? Havent found any mention anywhere yet....

before this release i think most people found no need to follow that stuff,like the moon cylces and Valkemare's year in days.

thumbs_up.png For some unknown reasons... let its colors be until the end is the best! rolleyes.gifwub.gifthumbs_up.png

More fun and exciting that way!!!

Well, Seasons of Valkemare seem to be exactly the same as our own so I would suspect that days in a Year and hours in a day are the same as ours

Edited by jessabelleanna

If they work like seasonals but switch fully within a month time frame that will be nicer for breeding than seasonals currently are. And the pale colors are going to be very nice with any number of lineages.

We've gotten some very colorful dragons this year. It's nice smile.gif

I think TJ mentioned once that Valkemare's days were slightly longer than Earth's, by several hours or so. I don't think that relates much to this, though.

Didn't even notice the article about the release until I found an egg description I was unfamiliar with. xd.png Awesome, guys!

yea i hate non-cb alts it ruins lineage projects

And flipside, if some colors are ONLY cb and can't be bred that will be just as disappointing and senseless. Which is why I doubt that's how it will work.

*crosses fingers*

And flipside, if some colors are ONLY cb and can't be bred that will be just as disappointing and senseless. Which is why I doubt that's how it will work.

*crosses fingers*

I dunno, I think it's possible to create some pretty nice lineages, even with things that can only be obtained by breeding and otherwise. Like EG Stripe lineages where the color changes each gen~

But even so, I agree in hoping that these are all available as CBs~ tongue.gif

I think TJ mentioned once that Valkemare's days were slightly longer than Earth's, by several hours or so. I don't think that relates much to this, though.

I guess that explains why the "Sun is setting" message lasted well after the sun had already set here. xd.png

A little late but, thank you TJ and spriters! smile.gif

Also, the breed name is sorted between 'h' and 'm' on my scroll. I wonder what it will be?

A little late but, thank you TJ and spriters! smile.gif

Also, the breed name is sorted between 'h' and 'm' on my scroll. I wonder what it will be?

I'm assuming it's going to be "Lunar" something or other

I dunno, I think it's possible to create some pretty nice lineages, even with things that can only be obtained by breeding and otherwise. Like EG Stripe lineages where the color changes each gen~

I meant if, say, you could never breed more of the golds, but ONLY the browns or blues. Imagine if you could never breed more white stripes from white stripes even if you wanted to, or get the same type of xeno or copper as the parent. It would annoy the crap out of anyone who likes making perfect checkers or PBs. Currently only GoNs are that way.

It's probably Lunar something.

Influenced and incubated my eggs, so they'll hatch in about 9-10 hours! :3 Not really concerned about color/moon stages atm, all that thinking will just make my brain hurt rolleyes.gif Though, I can't wait to see what LadyLyzar has to say about them happy.gif I will say that if it's possible to get CB's of all the colors, I'm thinking silver x blue and gold x brown for pairings wub.gif