TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

well look at it logically.

OK lets.

TJ posted a link to a page that tells you the phases of BOTH DC moons.

Obvious conclusion - DC moons have nothing to do with our new Lunatics but instead it's totally bound to Earth's moon.

[/sarcasm mode]

well look at it logically.

DC's schedule of seasons and solstices and time changes follow earths.   so its logical that the moon phases would be the same

this release was on the peak of Earths Full Moon.

so logic dictates that the moon schedule would follow suite.

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2015/august

there are 4 variations, and 4 distinct moon phases, so its logical to assume the eggs are focused on the distinct 4 main phases of the moon

Full (Gold), Last Quarter (Silver?), New Moon (Bronze?), First Quarter (Blue?)

further more, the moons cycle is 28 days and the peak of each phase is dependent on the angle of the sun.

1st zyneath is the peak of the New Moon (when the night is at its darkest)

2nd zyneath is the peak of the First Quarter (~7days) where half of the moon (the right side) is at its brightest.

3rd zyneath is the peak of the Full Moon (~14ish days) where the moon is directly opposite the sun and is at its brightest.  this we know gives us a Gold dragon.

4th zyneath is the peak of the Last Quarter (~21 days) where the left half of the moon is at its brightest.

so really, all this "zomg duno when the certain color hatchies will be out" drama is uncalled for.  just google the calender for moon phases for the current month when you want to catch the certain color hatchie and you'll know the time frame that month you need to focus on.

cripes people, we're on the internet and have a wealth of info at our finger tips.  instead of freaking out and going all "OMG i dont know how this works" use that bit of that grey matter between your ears and google it before panicking   tongue.gif

Well, one, the theory that DC's lunar cycle and Earth's lunar cycle are equivalent is one we already established. That's why it's a prevailing theory that the most time it will take for DC's moons to change phases is a week, similar to Earth's cycle.

Two, there are two moons on DC, Aurax and Cirion. We don'tknow if they share the same cycle length or not.

- It doesn't particularly make sense to have them share the same cycle either, scientifically (which would require them to be in the same spot in the same orbit at the same time) or logically. (Why have two moons if they are going to do the exact same thing and act the same way?)

Three, the moons were in waning gibbous phase before the Earth's moon had reached its peek. That means that both moons have already seen there full moon phase before the Earth's Moon has. So, it's safe to say that Earth and DC do not share the same cycle, regardless if they do share the same cycle length.

Four, the colors are no established yet as to whether they are associated with just the moon phases or if the both moons' phases have separate effects on the eggs or even if the bred colors and cave colors are affected by both moons or only one.

And, five, it's fun making up theories for when the eggs are going to come and have been using our grey matter to make up theories, including the ones similar to this one you posted for the last 60 pages. But, the fact is we really don't know anything.

- We would if anyone was keeping track of the phases beforehand as the time page has been out for a bit, apparently. However, no one paid attention to it, so now, when we need that information, we don't have it.

And who is panicking? People are complainig sure, but panicking? Really?

Edit: ninja.gif Ninja'd by 3 other like-minded people. Also, added things.

Edited by Shokomon

Whenever you change something everyone is used to - you will always get a mix of reactions (whether it be an in game mode or RL)

Everyone is entitled to react how they wish though it may not change anything.

This new type of function with this egg? We can create hypothesis/logical conclusions, etc, etc - but the fact is unless TJ or Spriter enlightens then it isn't fact until it becomes real/we discover it. Continue with the theories and moon watch - it is more than i am doing tongue.gif

I have too much going on to figure this out or think into it too much (I'm just impressed i was on site within 24 hours of a release!) but best of luck to those going forward. I shall take the wait and see approach wink.gif

I don't think you can really apply an article about what would happen if /earth/ had two moons to Valkamere, especially since that article was specific to a second moon in addition to the exact one we already have. Also, because magic is kind of a key part of this world/universe I don't think we can expect the physics to really be exactly the same. tongue.gif

And, five, it's fun making up theories for when the eggs are going to come and have been using our grey matter to make up theories, including the ones similar to this one you posted for the last 60 pages. But, the fact is we really don't know anything.

Oh I haven't read the whole thread - has anyone brought up the theory that the colour might be bound to the DIFFERENCE in the moon cycles?

Like right now we have zero difference resulting in gold.

Having a difference of 1 in phases (one waxing gibeous one waning gibeous for example) you get silver or something.

With the cyclical nature I only get three colours but maybe half/full/quarter moon days are special?

Two, there are two moons on DC, Aurax and Cirion. We don'tknow if they share the same cycle length or not.

- It doesn't particularly make sense to have them share the same cycle either, scientifically (which would require them to be in the same spot in the same orbit at the same time) or logically. (Why have two moons if they are going to do the exact same thing and act the same way?)

i see the knee jerk "new mechanic, dont like" and "oh noes how will i tell when to get them" as panicking tbh. its a gut reaction against change to not like something new laugh.gif

in regards to the quote; but you have to consider what life would literally be like on a planet that has a 2 satellite lunar system.

IRL, its actually thougth that before Earth (as we know it, ie before life) existed there was 1 of two things.

- we either had 2 moons and the collided to give us our current moon.

- we had no moon and a planet about the size of mars collided with Earth to give us our axis, length from the sun and our current moon

the reason why this is relevant, is because in both cases, life couldn't exist in any form before Earth had 1 moon and this is due to the Earth-Moon relationship as far as tides, seasons, time and even reproduction.

Valkemare is distinctly Earth like, with the day and night cycle being the same as well as the season cycle and the veriety of life as well as the biomes.

logically speaking, for that to exist in a 2 moon system, those moons are either flavor (have no bearing) or they are a 2:1 scale to our owne moon and occupy the same space.

if its anything less, then (as the article i linked points out) there should be no tides, no seasons, no time of day, and coastal life should be non-exisatant because of the gravitational relationship of the 3 objects pushing & pulling against each other.

Edited by Red2111

Oh I haven't read the whole thread - has anyone brought up the theory that the colour might be bound to the DIFFERENCE in the moon cycles?

Having a difference of 1 in phases (one waxing gibeous one waning gibeous for example) you get silver or something.

With the cyclical nature I only get three colours but maybe half/full/quarter moon days are special?

Oh, that's an interesting theory. I could see how it could work like this, with the four phases being waning gibbous, waning crescent, waxing crescent, and waxing gibbous. Say one moon has a shorter cycle than the other. When The moon with the shorter cycle is one phase AHEAD its silver. Two phases is brown. Three phases ahead (or one behind, depending on how you see it) is blue.

That would be interesting.

Edit: Oh, and TJ has definitely said that Valkamere days are longer than earth days. Not sure if that's what you meant or if you just meant the presence of a day night cycle alone.

Edited by weaseldale

logically speaking, for that to exist in a 2 moon system, those moons are either flavor (have no bearing) or they are a 2:1 scale to our owne moon and occupy the same space.

if its anything less, then (as the article i linked points out) there should be no tides, no seasons, no time of day, and coastal life should be non-exisatant.

First of all that's all a matter of scale, otherwise the ISS (which is an artificial moon technically) would kill all life on Earth.

Secondly the article talks about earth-like life, who says Valkemare isn't a high pressure gas giant with life based on silicon instead of carbon? Science isn't prevalent enough on Valkemare for the people there to think of themselves as anything but "us" and "them dragons". A high pressure atmmosphere would make dragon flying a lot easier too come to think of it.

(Not that I promote that idea to be even remotely true in any way.)

Did anyone notice the artist's post? She said that once we have adults, or once TJ has adults, I don't remember, she would give us much more information about the dragons. I would assume that included at least some info on how to get the other colors and when. As soon as I saw her post I quit thinking about it. Everyone will know what's up soon enough so I see no need to sweat bullets over it. *shrug*

That being said, all my new babies now have names. All of their names mean 'gold' in other languages. I've got 5 more eggs and two unfortunate misclicks that I'll dump later.

I love these. They're very beautiful and the wings are so delicate and pretty. I love how shiny they look too. They remind me of Egypt for some reason. I'm hoping they'll be rares. We haven't had a true rare in years.

Happy hunting!

I think most people are working over when they will get them because this release is exciting and different (something new to mull over in DC lore--seasonals and the release of holidays/events came before any significant world building) and because people cannot realistically always adjust their lives to correspond with what is happening on DC--especially with regards to the moon cycle.

Users generally had no reason before this to worry about the time of day in Valkamere or what phase the moons were in. Users generally don't care about the moon cycle in real life either unless they are doing science-y things, astrological things, following lady time on their calendars, have religious holidays or activities that correspond to the lunar cycles, or are werewolves. It's a bit unrealistic to say that people are panicking when users have been looking into the lunar phases and making complex charts to assist in their hypothesizing.

i see the knee jerk "new mechanic, dont like"  and "oh noes how will i tell when to get them" as panicking tbh.  its a gut reaction against change to not like something new  laugh.gif

in regards to the quote; but you have to consider what life would literally be like on a planet that has a 2 satellite lunar system.

IRL, its actually thougth that before Earth (as we know it, ie before life) existed there was 1 of two things. 

- we either had 2 moons and the collided to give us our current moon.

- we had no moon and a planet about the size of mars collided with Earth to give us our axis, length from the sun and our current moon

the reason why this is relevant, is because in both cases, life couldn't exist in any form before Earth had 1 moon and this is due to the Earth-Moon relationship as far as tides, seasons, time and even reproduction.

Valkemare is distinctly Earth like, with the day and night cycle being the same as well as the season cycle and the veriety of life as well as the biomes.

if its anything less, then (as the article i linked points out) there should be no tides, no seasons, no time of day, and coastal life should be non-exisatant because of the gravitational relationship of the 3 objects pushing & pulling against each other.

I wouldn't consider that panic but maybe that's just me (and just my personal experience with life/death kind of all-out panic attack at times in my life).

Also I read the site as well as most of the comments below the article and I'm more of opinion with the commenters, not the original poster of the article. We don't know for CERTAIN that the moon was at all that key to our development. Plenty of planets have moons and axis and orbits, and plenty do not have moons but still have an axis and orbit, and Earth is more theorized to have life from being in the "green zone" (i.e. the right distance from the sun) than for any moon help.

Also the original person thought of this as the second moon in ADDITION to the first. Not created at the beginning, but somehow dropped in after the first creation. It can be very likely that Valkmere has two moons from first creation. Also the original person did not consider the lunar harmonization and the gravity influence on each other, and did not show his reasoning or thought process for why he came to the conclusion of: two moons receding from Earth, ergo they recede and collide (???)

If that was all it took then why does Jupiter, Saturn, and even frickin' Pluto who is much smaller than even the Earth's moon, still KEEP their moons? Even now, after all this time? Pluto has two moons btw, that are relatively close to its own size. Yes its a "dwarf planet" but for the basis of the similarity of planet-to-moon-companion ratios and proportions, its pretty similar. It has two moons, AND keeps them.

It has no life though, but that's NOT because it has two moons. That's because it's in the frickin' Kuiper Belt, a place of frozen asteroids, dwarf planets, and all sorts of objects - WAY too cold for any life [as we know it] to have formed.

Again this is all purely speculation because we do NOT know of any Earth-like planet that has life. Or any planet and world out there really, not for certain. We have Mars next to us but its desolation could've been from more than just lack of moons, it can be also from being just a bit too far out from the "green zone," a lack of suitable internal mechanism, a too-thin atmosphere to start with, etc. etc. etc. We don't know for CERTAIN. And quite honestly, we only have a very VERY small data pool of 8 - 9 planetary objects and we don't really know that much about the planets outside the Asteroid Belt, nor of the conditions of their moons.

Sorry about the long talking rant but I wanted to provide a different perspective than what has been argued by some people on this thread. Just for the sake of exploring all the different perspectives, than to be locked into solely one.

First of all that's all a matter of scale, otherwise the ISS (which is an artificial moon technically) would kill all life on Earth.

Secondly the article talks about earth-like life, who says Valkemare isn't a high pressure gas giant with life based on silicon instead of carbon? Science isn't prevalent enough on Valkemare for the people there to think of themselves as anything but "us" and "them dragons". A high pressure atmmosphere would make dragon flying a lot easier too come to think of it.

(Not that I promote that idea to be even remotely true in any way.)

because there is nothing to suggest otherwise, as far as it not being a carbon based life system

for it to be a silicon based life system, the ecosystem that we currently see wouldn't exist. the atmosphere would have to be much hotter to sustain silicon based life forms.

as it stands we have Water in 3 forms (liquid, ice & vapor), we have plant life, and we have a known carbon based life form (us, as in humans who own the scrolls). and because humans are so readily in this environment and can live in a medieval era, this also suggests that the atmosphere is the same as here on Earth (ie:L a carbon/oxygen system)

if this realm was anything but Earth-like, then those wouldn't exist in the fashion that has been described.

TJ is not a lazy world-builder, as evident by the world he's fleshed out. he's built a parallel version of Earth where Dragons exists. applying Earth logic and Physics to a Earth-like world is World Building 101.

and yes, i realize its a matter of scale. which is why i stated these 2 moons must be a ration of 2:1 to our own moon in size.

the Moon is roughly 1/3rd the size of Earth. meaning that both of those moons must make up roughly 1/3rd the size of the planet Valkemare exists on to sustain the sort of life and ecosystem that exists; and that the same sort of relationship between those moons and our own Moon and Earth must exists too. it can be scaled up or down, according to how big or small the planet that Valkemare exists on; but the same basic relationship must exist to be anywhere near realistic.

not having read EVERYTHING

I am wondering if anyone else believes that the other colors may have to be BRED at the correct time to get the color for that phase rather than being cave caught

somewhat like stripes----

not having read EVERYTHING 

I am wondering if anyone else believes that the other colors may have to be BRED at the correct time to get the color for that phase  rather than  being cave caught

somewhat like stripes----

It was just suggested, and I agreed as I thought everyone was thinking this, that it could be due to the moon cycles. When they are full, new, waxing or waning then we get different colour variations. That's why TJ focused on the moon cycle in the release. If the moons don't wax or wane at the same time, then that leaves more possible times of variation for different combos.

Edited by Diamondinmyeye

i see the knee jerk "new mechanic, dont like"  and "oh noes how will i tell when to get them" as panicking tbh.  its a gut reaction against change to not like something new  laugh.gif ...

Lol, I kinda thought that the general reaction was more - 'wow, cool, dragons related to DCs mythos' and worry over working out when to catch the next colour/whether or not to pick up another batch.

Don't think most people object to things simply because they're new; maybe if they don't like them or can see problems with them, or don't see a point in fixing something that ain't broke, or preferred something the way it was, although on the other hand, DC always has been appreciated for its simplicity, so there's that as well. If everything was black and white, we'd all be Zebras. laugh.gif

But people do need to know when to be on to catch new dragons, because for many there's always the fear that they might not be easy/possible to catch later, and with different connection speeds and whatnot, there's a whole lot of difference in what's individually experienced between one person's 'easy' and another person's 'can't even see' that other person's 'easy catch' egg type due to slow Refreshes.

I saw a post earlier saying that DC's world has a longer day than we do - but if the biomes were run out of sinc with the world WE live in, things would just be too complicated, so, since I personally have no way of knowing when the next colours will be Released, I'm proceeding as though my hopes are likely and that they will be Released weekly, on weekends, which seems to approximate what many others are, perforce, doing.

And one of the best things for me was that despite waking up groggy and having the Cave a bit laggy, I dumped last night's misclick and at the 1st 5-minute shuffle, picked up another pretty to make another Alpine pair, despite moving at a snail's pace. Gotta love this Release!

Now, if I can make it downstairs for coffeeeeee.....

I wouldn't consider that panic but maybe that's just me (and just my personal experience with life/death kind of all-out panic attack at times in my life).

Also I read the site as well as most of the comments below the article and I'm more of opinion with the commenters, not the original poster of the article. We don't know for CERTAIN that the moon was at all that key to our development. Plenty of planets have moons and axis and orbits, and plenty do not have moons but still have an axis and orbit, and Earth is more theorized to have life from being in the "green zone" (i.e. the right distance from the sun) than for any moon help.

Also the original person thought of this as the second moon in ADDITION to the first. Not created at the beginning, but somehow dropped in after the first creation. It can be very likely that Valkmere has two moons from first creation. Also the original person did not consider the lunar harmonization and the gravity influence on each other, and did not show his reasoning or thought process for why he came to the conclusion of: two moons receding from Earth, ergo they recede and collide (???)

If that was all it took then why does Jupiter, Saturn, and even frickin' Pluto who is much smaller than even the Earth's moon, still KEEP their moons? Even now, after all this time? Pluto has two moons btw, that are relatively close to its own size. Yes its a "dwarf planet" but for the basis of the similarity of planet-to-moon-companion ratios and proportions, its pretty similar. It has two moons, AND keeps them.

It has no life though, but that's NOT because it has two moons. That's because it's in the frickin' Kuiper Belt, a place of frozen asteroids, dwarf planets, and all sorts of objects - WAY too cold for any life [as we know it] to have formed.

Again this is all purely speculation because we do NOT know of any Earth-like planet that has life. Or any planet and world out there really, not for certain. We have Mars next to us but its desolation could've been from more than just lack of moons, it can be also from being just a bit too far out from the "green zone," a lack of suitable internal mechanism, a too-thin atmosphere to start with, etc. etc. etc. We don't know for CERTAIN. And quite honestly, we only have a very VERY small data pool of 8 - 9 planetary objects and we don't really know that much about the planets outside the Asteroid Belt, nor of the conditions of their moons.

Sorry about the long talking rant but I wanted to provide a different perspective than what has been argued by some people on this thread. Just for the sake of exploring all the different perspectives, than to be locked into solely one.

a knee-jerk reaction is always panic imo maybe not "world is ending" sorta panic. but more of a "where are my reading glasses, oh there on my head" sorta panic.

i agree that article has some flaws in it, i quoted it more to explain how the gravity of 2 satellites on a planet would effect planet life. from the start, or as a captured satellite (big enough to be considered a moon) the effect on life would be the same.

hence why i also pointed out the theory of the 2 moons before life that exists as well.

also, the green zone is less focused on for life forms and more focused on for sustaining water in 3 forms. Europa, one of Saturns moons has water int he form of Ice and Methane in 3 different forms, and Water Bears are known to be able to exist in space.

and while other planets in our own solar system have a tilt and multiple moons, its the size ration of our moon to our planet that makes it special (which also gives us the wobble and the tilt to our axis and keeps us in the green zone)

with two moons at creation, you would have the pull of gravity effected (a force which dictates time, seasons and tides as well as reproduction) by the two satellites exerting equal force on each other and canceling out the effect on the planet they orbit. and the Moons themselves would have to be equal, otherwise the bigger moon's gravity would overcome the smaller moon, and the planets gravity would cause the smaller moon to slingshot out of the capture zone. (scientist use the earth/moon/sun gravity triangle to slingshot satellites and rockets now, and have observed this relationship in asteroids and meteors)

as far as that other planets and their moons, its all about the size ratio of Moon:Planet because of Gravity.

Europa is a great example of where other life forms can live in our own galaxy. but they wouldn't be carbon based life forms, they'd be Methane Based life forms. which is utterly fascinating to me xd.png

typically when people talk about "life forms" they are talking about animals; but tbh we already have proof that there are life forms in space (ie: bacteria)

i appreciate and love debating the different science aspects *nods* and a lot of what you state has merit.

but for an Earth like ecosystem to exist, the goldylox zone must exist as well. "because magic" is just lazy and this world wasn't built on laziness.

The AP has some really nice lineages floating around. I managed to grab a nice low-time hatchie and saw some nice moonstones, but I've collected enough moonstones lately, so I'm good. I have no idea what these new pretties are called, so Hopefully the names I give them will match up decently. ^^

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the  Waning Gibbous phase.

- Everyone has only captured Gold eggs thus far.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the other could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edit: Added more theories.

Edit2: And more theories.

Because people were asking about previous theories. Speaking of which:

Edit2: Added a new theory!

Yes, I made one and...

I'm going to make it easier myself and just use four general phases for the moons: Waxing, Full Moon, Waning, and New Moon.

Now let's iron out the two moon theory:

NOTE: Where Aurax's (Gold Moon's) effect is dominant, and Cirion's (Blue Moon's) effect is weaker, Waxing = all phases when the moon is transitioning from New to Full, and Waning = all phases when the moon is transitioning from Full to New

- When moon's are in sync regardless of phase except for New and Full Moons: Gold Egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is Full: Silver egg (with a chance of Gold and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is Full: Gold egg (with a chance of Silver and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waxing: Silver egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is Full: Blue egg (with a chance of Silver)

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waning: Gold egg *CONFIRMED*

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waxing: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is Full: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waning: Blue egg (with maybe a chance of Brown)

- Aurax is New and Cirion is New: Brown egg

---

And that's it.

This is for CATCHING ONLY. I have no idea how breeding will work.

- I'll add a big Confirmed to the things that actually happen.

Edit: minor edits.

It's very long and probably wrong.

Edit: *Uncle from the Jackie Chan Adventures voice* And one morrrre thing...

It's kind of out the window that DC's Lunar system is anything like ours. But hey, it's fun to theorize.

Edited by Shokomon

One thing that will be interesting to see is as soon as someone comments they have adults the thread gets closed.. it will be interesting to see if time is to be taken getting the four phases whether the thread remains open

Because people were asking about previous theories. Speaking of which:

Yes, I made one and...

It's very long and probably wrong.

I love your theory analysis. I feel like it's too complicated for the site though. I'm more inclined to go with the one more for bred eggs and the other for CB. That would suggest that Blue is dominant, as its current waning will give Gold a chance to dominate when they overlap.

EDIT: On second thought Gold is probably still dominant, as Blue would need to be waxing to overtake its influence.

PS I have an August egg I don't want.

Edited by Diamondinmyeye

One thing that will be interesting to see is as soon as someone comments they have adults the thread gets closed.. it will be interesting to see if time is to be taken getting the four phases whether the thread remains open

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Between the (presumably) multiple Drops of the different colours and the relative complexity of the concept introduced, I'd hope/suspect that either this thread would remain open or others be opened for each colour, as with the 7 dragons/7 Days B-Day Drop...

The Site Discussion thread isn't at all the same and off-forum people wouldn't have a link to it, so the confusion of latecomers might just remain. But I expect that TJ probably has that covered.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Between the (presumably) multiple Drops of the different colours and the relative complexity of the concept introduced, I'd hope/suspect that either this thread would remain open or others be opened for each colour, as with the 7 dragons/7 Days B-Day Drop...

The Site Discussion thread isn't at all the same and off-forum people wouldn't have a link to it, so the confusion of latecomers might just remain. But I expect that TJ probably has that covered.

It would be nice, but I doubt they will leave it. The wiki will make use of any confirmed data and keep everyone up to date. Plus we don't know how much the breed info drop will give us yet.

Wow... Much ado over nothing. blink.gif The only people I see having any sort of overreaction are those who are saying others are panicking. I haven't read the entire thread, so I could have missed some. However, I have been following off and on each day since the release, and so far it's basically just a bunch of "it could be this" theories, a few people worried that they won't be able to get the new eggs (a valid worry, since the new eggs will be dropping at a different time), and a lot of speculation about how the two moons affect things.

As far as scientific accuracy, how many times has TJ told us that things are often simplified? This could EITHER mean that the world is quite complex and he is just choosing an arbitrary time for the lunar cycles OR it could be simplified to be the same length between cycles as earth's moon (though obviously not the exact same time, since as was pointed out, we already know the moons are not in sync with ours). Since we don't know whether it was even simplified, and if it was which way it was simplified, I see absolutely nothing wrong with people making speculations. For all we know, the spriter and TJ did not look at the article posted or any like it, so assuming it is scientifically accurate is a bit of a moot point unless we know how deeply they looked into the workings of moons on planets.

Let's not forget that it's possible one or more are only a bred sprite rather than a CB sprite. The only one we know is a CB sprite is the gold. We all know TJ gets CB hybrids and alts, so there's every chance that the other ones are alts. We don't know yet.

Personally, I am enjoying all the different ideas everyone has and can't wait to see which one (or ones, as it might be a combination of multiple!) it turns out to be. biggrin.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

It would be nice, but I doubt they will leave it. The wiki will make use of any confirmed data and keep everyone up to date. Plus we don't know how much the breed info drop will give us yet.

Maybe - but if the Release does actually continue all month, threads usually do stay open until everyone starts getting adults from the (final) Release. Dunno, obviously, but we also will need a gathering place to discuss how what's Dropping etc., and as far as I know, off-forum people won't have access to/know about anything not posted on the main page.

Wow... Much ado over nothing.  blink.gif The only people I see having any sort of overreaction are those who are saying others are panicking. I haven't read the entire thread, so I could have missed some. However, I have been following off and on each day since the release, and so far it's basically just a bunch of "it could be this" theories, a few people worried that they won't be able to get the new eggs (a valid worry, since the new eggs will be dropping at a different time), and a lot of speculation about how the two moons affect things.

As far as scientific accuracy, how many times has TJ told us that things are often simplified? This could EITHER mean that the world is quite complex and he is just choosing an arbitrary time for the lunar cycles OR it could be simplified to be the same length between cycles as earth's moon (though obviously not the exact same time, since as was pointed out, we already know the moons are not in sync with ours). Since we don't know whether it was even simplified, and if it was which way it was simplified, I see absolutely nothing wrong with people making speculations. For all we know, the spriter and TJ did not look at the article posted or any like it, so assuming it is scientifically accurate is a bit of a moot point unless we know how deeply they looked into the workings of moons on planets.

Let's not forget that it's possible one or more are only a bred sprite rather than a CB sprite. The only one we know is a CB sprite is the gold. We all know TJ gets CB hybrids and alts, so there's every chance that the other ones are alts. We don't know yet.

Personally, I am enjoying all the different ideas everyone has and can't wait to see which one (or ones, as it might be a combination of multiple!) it turns out to be.  biggrin.gif

Nothing? This is a new dragon release and a new mechanic!! This is serious life altering business. wink.gif

Sure anything is possible, but I want to bet that this dragon's going to be different from anything we've seen before. A new mechanic isn't added for it to then be ignored with simple alts or bred only variations. Maybe not all variations will be CB, but there's going to be a reason behind it. It's fun to speculate.

Edited by Diamondinmyeye