TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

There's someone targeting people that post here it seems. I just got bombed too, good thing I decided to check before showering. I think we should all just hide our scrolls for now.

Whoever it is that's view bombing... SHAME ON YOU. SHAME. mad.gif

Agreed. I left mine unfogged when the drop initially started, but as soon as word of a viewbomber started to get around, I leave them all fogged until they can be hatched in an ER.

It's truly pathetic how people can do that for fun.

Back on topic, my eggs will all've hatched by this time tomorrow, hopefully, so I can grab my next lot. wub.gif

There's someone targeting people that post here it seems. I just got bombed too, good thing I decided to check before showering. I think we should all just hide our scrolls for now.

I am glad I checked this forum before getting ready for work. My scroll is hidden, and all of my growing things are now fogged in the event that the view-bomber already had their codes. I would have hated to come home from work to dead eggs. It saddens me that I have to do this on an adoptables site. I'm sorry if you can't get your own Silver Lunars, but killing those on others' scrolls isn't going to improve your chances. The eggs will be here all week. Sometimes things worth having are hard to obtain. Keep trying.

Agreed. I left mine unfogged when the drop initially started, but as soon as word of a viewbomber started to get around, I leave them all fogged until they can be hatched in an ER.

It's truly pathetic how people can do that for fun.

Back on topic, my eggs will all've hatched by this time tomorrow, hopefully, so I can grab my next lot. wub.gif

Mine will be ER ready tmr too. Come on pretty Silver hatchies, come to Trixy. biggrin.gif

I'm going to grab a second batch after this, the Silvers are just so pretty! I want 5 CB pairs at least biggrin.gif.

Edited for grammar, I cannot English tonight for some reason.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

As soon as I read this, I hid my scroll and eggs (and one hatchie.)

Query: can hatchies also die from too many views?

As soon as I read this, I hid my scroll and eggs (and one hatchie.)

Hatchies can die from sickness, but it is much harder to kill hatchies with views than it is to kill eggs. In fact I gave up trying to view bomb hatchies to get Zombies and just let them run out of time instead because it takes so many views to kill them. Still, it is possible and a dedicated view bomber could probably find ways to do it.

Yes, the hatchies can get sick and die, one of my avatars of change got sick from some jerk viewbomber who seriously put me EVERYWHERE, and just targeted the one gift. But yeah, I imagine that if they get sick, they die.

Meanwhile, I'm so smart and I used up all my incubates BEFORE the silvers dropped, so this is going to take forever for me.

Edited by EmmaD333

After reading the last few pages in this thread, I think I'll fog everything before I head off to campus. It's a shame that people are that immature.

I am so looking forward to my Silver babies hatching, and glad they will be dropping long enough to get another set smile.gif

Sapphira_Majoram sorry to hear what happened keeping my silvers the sec batch hidden and fogged till they need ER. I do wish everyone good luck with their silvers and good luck hunting them.

My first group of silvers will hatch in about 12 hours, and I can't wait! biggrin.gif After they hatch, I'm going to get the last two I need for my scroll goal.

I don't use EATW unless I'm close to ER. My eggs almost always get sick, no matter the age. I'm sorry for the others who've been bombed. sad.gif I've only had a viewbomber problem once. I had traded for an egg where the person who bred the egg (not the person I traded with) regretted the trade for whatever reason. After changing the parent names to beg for the egg back, they started viewbombing it. I reported them to TJ, who handled the problem for me.

Edited by Moranna

Just bred a bunch of 2g Silver Lunars into the AP, hopefully people having trouble catching CBs will be happy to pick up some Silvers in the AP in a couple days biggrin.gif

Just bred a bunch of 2g Silver Lunars into the AP, hopefully people having trouble catching CBs will be happy to pick up some Silvers in the AP in a couple days biggrin.gif

Me too! I bred all my Lunars last night and dumped a bunch of Silvers to the AP. Hope people enjoy them! My will grow up in about 11 hours or so too, with the others a couple of hours later.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Me too! I bred all my Lunars last night and dumped a bunch of Silvers to the AP. Hope people enjoy them!  Mine will grow up in about 11 hours or so too.

I got one refusal among the 9 pairs that I bred. The rest all happily handed me an egg after breeding biggrin.gif

Edited by GoldeenTrix

My one surviving egg is still sick and has been fogged for two days.

Sick for TWO days? blink.gif I cannot believe it.

Okay i have to wait for my first batch but i want my hachlings now... sad.gif I would use earthquake if i do not own a pretty code that is not a Silver Lunar Herald. I can get more Silver Lunar Heralds but this code will never ever be available again if i kill the egg.

I forgotten the name of the mod who successfully earthquake a few eggs and already has hatchlings, wish you all the best and i want to take a look at your hatchlings now but last time you had hidden your scroll and here is the anti-viewbomber-repellent.

ETA: Found the scroll and the hatchlings are soooo cute. wub.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Bred all my lunars i hope as well that players would like them even thought they are sec generation eggs.Only two pair refused each other the rest were ok.

Just caught a Silver Lunar in the Desert. I didn't think I'd manage to catch one since they seem to be so popular. biggrin.gif

After grabbing a Ridgewing egg (Tan at that!) I was able to snag another Silver egg. That makes 3 for me. When I finally get a fourth, I will be done collecting biggrin.gif I just need one more Bronze and two more Golds to be complete biggrin.gif

I traded two of my original silver Lunars for z-coded ones, so I lost time on those, but I should still have 5 hatching at about 1 a.m. cave time. I hope to be able to catch at least one more after those hatch.

Roughly 10 to 16 hours for all mine to hatch wub.gif, part of which is the middle of the night for me, so I'll be ERing them as soon as I wake up rather than risk the chance of them falling sick or worse while I'm sleeping >_>

Not sure how many CB pairs I'm gonna need to the project I got in mind, but I think I'll just keep on grabbing them until I've got it worked out, then gift any extra ones.

Edited by CharonDusk

A-HA! Now I know why my eggs got sick earlier. Some 'helpful' person added them to AoND for me...when I only add eggs there when they get below six days.

Thankfully, all of mine survived the 'help', but I'll fog them before I leave today....

Ahh! The two silvers that I bred at the start of the drop have large holes! (The rest of my silvers are CB but I decided to keep those two bred ones.)

Dead eggs only take up an eggslot if they were killed (kill, bite, earthquake). Eggs that die of sickness do not take up an eggslot.

As well, sickness is more dependent on age of the dragon, not time left. Incubating eggs will not protect them or cure them from sickness. I caution everyone not to add brand new eggs to hatcheries unless you can watch them, even if you have incubated them. ^^

~

Four of my silver lunars should hatch in about a day. I thought I would limit myself to 8 of each lunar, but the silvers are my fave lunar. Since they're here for 8 days, I may just go ahead and grab a couple extra. =o

It's wonderful to hear that eggs dying of Sickness still don't take up an eggslot for 24 hours - I've been hearing from a number of people that this had changed to include any dead egg for some time and it struck me as being very unfair. And particularly horrible during a Release.

Lol, I suspect that it might actually be not quite so nuts hunting these in another day; an awful lot of us will be having eggs hatch tonight - I suspect that it's going to be a madhouse and a lot of us'll be up all night again chasing them, but they ARE such lovely dragons...

I was a little late to the silver-catching party (took a bargain getting egg-locked... oops.), but I have some now. They won't hatch until tomorrow though. Still, glad to have some CBs and glad the release will (FINALLY) be winding down with the release of these silvers.

Now for Halloween... *collapses from exhaustion*