TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Did something I don't normally do (not sure why) but I used Earthquake. I ended up with two dead eggs and a cute little silver lunar hatchling. I might try it again in a few minutes with the remaining eggs.

You're braver than I am - every time temptation crosses my mind, my mind runs away screaming from visions of yolk scattered all over the walls. Even when it's only regarding eggs with big holes within hours of hatching... and I'm very sorry to hear about your dead eggs and the 24-hour wait for the spaces to clear - that's sad. Will be interested to hear how it went if you do try it again, though.

I'd certainly love to be able to have (or at least be working on) that second batch of Silver Lunars and less stress about having my minimum for these...

I think the last time I used earthquake was with the undines. I don't normally do it. I did EQ two more times and got another hatchling and a dead egg from each EQ. So I now have 3 silver lunar hatchlings and grabbed 2 more silver lunar eggs. I'll try to grab a 3rd one at the next 5 minute drop.

edit - grabbed another silver lunar egg (and in 24 hours I'll be able to try to grab 4 more).

Edited by rubyshoes

Toddled along to the Volcano, didn't check the time. And then I grabbed another Silver Lunar o_o

I think that the volcano had just refreshed when I got there so I got first pick of eggs xd.png

I think the last time I used earthquake was with the undines. I don't normally do it. I did EQ two more times and got another hatchling and a dead egg from each EQ. So I now have 3 silver lunar hatchlings and grabbed 2 more silver lunar eggs. I'll try to grab a 3rd one at the next 5 minute drop.

edit - grabbed another silver lunar egg (and in 24 hours I'll be able to try to grab 4 more).

Congrats on the hatchies! Works out about even, I expect, only better when you look at having hatchies this early!

I keep poking around the biomes and do see some Lunars in the biomes at the shuffles, but notice that Volcano is being emptied right out again; hope there will be no reduced Drops of Lunars there for any length of time as a result, although I suppose they may turn up in trade.

This has certainly been an interesting Release, and as long as we all manage to catch, an enjoyable one for all, lol. Thanks again to all concerned! smile.gif

Thanks for the Congrats smile.gif

The 3 new lunar eggs I grabbed were all from the desert and I didn't have any problems grabbing (I'm sure most people are all locked up with them) and actually saw quite a few with each 5 minute and the hour drop.

Oh crap, the flood's over, and I still don't have any...

Edit: Just caught 2. biggrin.gif

Edited by The Flash

Darn, no luck with Silvers at all...

These ones are gonna be rare for awhile, as this is their first release.

Bleh. ~Please take trading to the trading section~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Soooo....

When our lunars grow up, that's the end of this epic thread?? rolleyes.gif

Got my 4 silvers, I don't want more than 2 pairs so I'm happy! If these forgotten to influence gold lunars gender correctly, I'm done biggrin.gif

- Millie-Azure has made a New Valkemare Lunar Calender, based on current data, that predicts the Lunar Egg Herald results all the way to 2020!

That's amazing! Does anyone know if the fansites will be making a page for this too? I.e. 'Currently dropping: Bronzes. Silvers start in 2 days.'

Great work, Millie-Azure smile.gif

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

OH NOE!!!!!!!! TTTT___TTTTT

I was traveling in an airplane for 5+ hours and then had to drive several hours MORE to my hotel for the night and then when I finally get everything unpacked and look at my scroll I see four silver eggs sick and TWO DEAD EEEEEEEGGS!!!!!!

TTTT____TTTT I forgot to hide my scrooooooll... and now I suffered for iiiiit. *sobbing* I only had them entered in Eggs Around the World and ND click site. T_T They were all incubated so I thought the danger past.

My first eggs to have ever died. And they had to be TWO SILVERS on a day like today when I wasn't able to be THERRRREE... *sobbing*

My four surviving but direly sick eggies are averaging 1,850 Views, 460 UVs, and 3 Clicks, and they're at under 5 days. TT_TT

IDK how long ago the two eggs died but the perished at 1,269 Views, 381 UVs, 0 clicks for one of them, and 1,225 Views, 377 UVs, 0 clicks for the second one. TT_TT they were under 6 days - that's why I incubated them to get them under the critical point so I didn't have to worry about them too much.

Now they're dead. TT_TT

If anyone at the New Release Wiki wants to add an image of a dead silver egg, use mine. TT_TT

*mourning dead eggs and sobbing over each and every broken egg shell and moaning how they never had a chance to live!* My first ever dead eggs. My first EVER. TT_TT Whyyyyyyy?!

P.S. Anyone know how long dead egg shells last on your scroll and take up an egg slot? TT_TT

The flood may be over, but they're still dropping well enough so that I managed to grab my 7th... smile.gif Now to hatch them and ty again.

I'm really tied between the blues and the silvers as to which one I like better... ^^

*mourning dead eggs and sobbing over each and every broken egg shell and moaning how they never had a chance to live!* My first ever dead eggs. My first EVER. TT_TT Whyyyyyyy?!

P.S. Anyone know how long dead egg shells last on your scroll and take up an egg slot? TT_TT

Oh no! That's horrible! I'm so sorry... ;__;

Edit: I looked it up. The egg slot is blocked for 24 hours. The image remains on your scroll for two weeks.

I hope you can find more silvers, as soon as the slots are free...

Edited by Ravensilver

I was traveling in an airplane for 5+ hours and then had to drive several hours MORE to my hotel for the night and then when I finally get everything unpacked and look at my scroll I see four silver eggs sick and TWO DEAD EEEEEEEGGS!!!!!!

TTTT____TTTT I forgot to hide my scrooooooll... and now I suffered for iiiiit. *sobbing* I only had them entered in Eggs Around the World and ND click site. T_T They were all incubated so I thought the danger past.

My first eggs to have ever died. And they had to be TWO SILVERS on a day like today when I wasn't able to be THERRRREE... *sobbing*

My four surviving but direly sick eggies are averaging 1,850 Views, 460 UVs, and 3 Clicks, and they're at under 5 days. TT_TT

IDK how long ago the two eggs died but the perished at 1,269 Views, 381 UVs, 0 clicks for one of them, and 1,225 Views, 377 UVs, 0 clicks for the second one. TT_TT they were under 6 days - that's why I incubated them to get them under the critical point so I didn't have to worry about them too much.

Now they're dead. TT_TT

If anyone at the New Release Wiki wants to add an image of a dead silver egg, use mine. TT_TT

Sorry to hear about your babies!

Dead eggs take up scroll spaces for 24 hours and the shells vanish in two weeks.

Incubating doesn't actually make your eggs older, just takes a day off the hatching time, so they are still effectively new eggs and need to be treated as such.

The two sites you used are about the heaviest ones for Views, and I'd never put brand-new eggs in either - personally, I put new eggs into DDF and Silvi's only for the first half -day and add in Valley Sherwood after - DDF is great for older eggs and ERing and I use it all the time for those.

I hope you had a good trip otherwise...

Thank you guys for the warning. x.^ I will make sure not to make that mistake again. x.^ I'm still so sad it had to happen, and that it had to happen to a SILVER Lunar, which I had so painstakingly caught. TTT.TTT *sobbing still* Lesson oh so bitterly learned!

I shall indeed treat them as if they are new eggs regardless of what their hatching timer says, from now on. My poor little silvers.... *cradles them and builds memorial for the little babies*

Now they're dead. TT_TT

I'm very sorry to hear that sad.gif

I had to fog everything too because

my eggs and hatchies all got sick.

Now I've unfogged them while I'm on the computer.

And I'll have to fog them all again.

I'm very sorry that happened to you.

Dead eggs only take up an eggslot if they were killed (kill, bite, earthquake). Eggs that die of sickness do not take up an eggslot.

As well, sickness is more dependent on age of the dragon, not time left. Incubating eggs will not protect them or cure them from sickness. I caution everyone not to add brand new eggs to hatcheries unless you can watch them, even if you have incubated them. ^^

~

Four of my silver lunars should hatch in about a day. I thought I would limit myself to 8 of each lunar, but the silvers are my fave lunar. Since they're here for 8 days, I may just go ahead and grab a couple extra. =o

They were all incubated so I thought the danger past.

(...)

they were under 6 days - that's why I incubated them to get them under the critical point so I didn't have to worry about them too much.

Incubate only takes a day off the timer, but the eggs are still 'fresh' and therefore vulnerable. A 6d post-Incubate egg, still gets sick as if it were 7d.

Edit: Totally ninja.gif ed.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Six lunar heralds on my scroll and I'm happy for now. As soon as I can I'll go hunting for two more. Can't wait to get my hands on two from the Volcano, and I think it's gonna be a piece of cake. biggrin.gif

Thanks for viewbombimg my silvers, whoever you are.. Now I need to get two more. Wasted influence on those.

There's someone targeting people that post here it seems. I just got bombed too, good thing I decided to check before showering. I think we should all just hide our scrolls for now.

Whoever it is that's view bombing... SHAME ON YOU. SHAME. mad.gif