Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Total, I think - but how on EARTH did you do that ? we have a LOT....

image.png.eafbef17501124102bba5ab96d480fe4.png

I got carried away posting screenshots of battles :lol: :ph34r: Although it's just been a couple of days? So I'm not sure. 

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

Total, but you can clean out old images here: https://forums.dragcave.net/attachments/ 

It's in your profile settings.

Odd, I found the area you and Fuzz referenced, and I've used "75.85 MB of your 500 MB attachment limit" but maybe I used too much in one go. Anyway, I'm going to try and switch some of these over to Imgur. 

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I got carried away posting screenshots of battles :lol: :ph34r: Although it's just been a couple of days? So I'm not sure. 

Odd, I found the area you and Fuzz referenced, and I've used "75.85 MB of your 500 MB attachment limit" but maybe I used too much in one go. Anyway, I'm going to try and switch some of these over to Imgur. 

I think - and I could be wrong - there's a monthly mini-limit.

33 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I think - and I could be wrong - there's a monthly mini-limit.

There must be. And I'm fine with that. It's prompted me to clear out my attachments! :lol:

I'm having some trouble, though. In one of my posts it tells me I have too many attachments, yet I can't view them at the bottom of the post like we usually can.  Message I see is "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post."  When I created the post originally, I ran out of "attachment space per post" so I created a second post and it automatically merged it with the first post. So technically, this particular post has too many attachments. When I go in and try to remove all attachments, I get a message that I'm out of space but when I go to Manage Attachments, it doesn't let me delete them -- when I try to view the thumbnails it states "we could not locate the item you are trying to view." I think I broke something. 

ETA: I removed them from the post and substituted Imgur images, but the message still shows on that post that I "have too many attachments." 

This is the problem post:

Message I receive when trying to edit/remove attachments from post:

XplJxyN.jpg

Message I receive when trying to manage attachments:  (Note the error code.)

MPQYlzi.jpg

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Total, but you can clean out old images here: https://forums.dragcave.net/attachments/ 

It's in your profile settings.

Okay it's possible I'm just not seeing it, but where exactly on that page can you clean out or delete old images? Clicking an image just gives a pop-up of that image, clicking the image-file name either gives me an error message or opens the 'save' computer function (why?), I don't see any options to actually delete an image. Do you have to go to each individual post each image was in and delete it through the post?

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

. Do you have to go to each individual post each image was in and delete it through the post?

I think so :( they at least link to each thread, but that's still a problem when threads are closed or hidden.

ETA: I figured this out.  If you are on an iPad, put it in mobile mode instead of desktop mode and the navigation buttons should show up.

Has anyone figured out how to swap between the options when we are in the mystery rooms? I am on an iPad.

I can manage it when we're talking to Copper because we have a control. But when the timer starts, I can't figure out how to scroll down between the different options in the room.

Spoiler image and game text underneath tag.

I can access the first task ('ask about his relationship to Joseph) by tapping on it, but I can't figure out how to access the second choice "Ask about the job" or the other choices.

nPfgjxF.jpg

Edited by missy_

I'm slightly confused and am wondering if someone else had a similar situation....

Like every halloween, I kill 5 adults on the 17th, around midday 

here's a zombie that turned, you can clearly see it was killed on the 17th

https://dragcave.net/view/yp0DP

According to the action log the last adult was killed at 11:14 am EDT, we're past that, all the "failed zombies tombstones" have gone poof as expected, but my kill ability is greyed out, telling me I killed stuff in the past few weeks, how can this happen? Can it be that vampire bites take kill slots even when you're at zero left?

Confused as hell, as I would like to try my second batch of 5 adults

3 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

Can it be that vampire bites take kill slots even when you're at zero left?

Yes. All killed things take a kill slot for as long as they're on your scroll, so if you have dead shells from vamps or earthquake they still take up your kill slots. This is why vampires are bad to use around Halloween, unless they're also on the 17th or 31st after your kills.

Edited by Shadowdrake

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes. All killed things take a kill slot for as long as they're on your scroll, so if you have dead shells from vamps or earthquake they still take up your kill slots. This is why vampires are bad to use around Halloween, unless they're also on the 17th or 31st after your kills.

Ohh wow, I feel like a failure, just like my zombie attempts... lol, thank you!!!!

Have a great Halloween guys!!!

Is there something I am missing? To do the Halloween event, you do a bunch of investigating. Determine the killer. But if you get it wrong, you get kicked out, and you have to start all over again, gathering evidence. Am I missing something? I've gone through it quite a few times, and I'm getting tired of having to scroll through everything again.

15 minutes ago, screwygirl said:

Is there something I am missing? To do the Halloween event, you do a bunch of investigating. Determine the killer. But if you get it wrong, you get kicked out, and you have to start all over again, gathering evidence. Am I missing something? I've gone through it quite a few times, and I'm getting tired of having to scroll through everything again.

you can reload the page if you get it wrong and it'll set you back with all of the progress you've already made still there.

In the trading tab there's a few people saying (no NR), what does NR mean?

Edited by Impulsive_Egg
new question

21 minutes ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

you can reload the page if you get it wrong and it'll set you back with all of the progress you've already made still there.

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

In the trading tab there's a few people saying (no NR), what does NR mean?

NR is new release 

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

NR is new release 

ah thank you! I thought as much but I couldn't figure out what it stood for

How would one go about getting a copper dragon? Or harder to get dragons in general? I’ve been stalking the caves and AP and haven’t seen one yet. I know they’ll be snatched up quickly too. Is it pretty much just luck?

Luck and persistence. OR trading, of course !

17 minutes ago, Cuon said:

How would one go about getting a copper dragon? Or harder to get dragons in general? I’ve been stalking the caves and AP and haven’t seen one yet. I know they’ll be snatched up quickly too. Is it pretty much just luck?

Luck. Being in the right place at the right time. Recognizing the description in a split second. And being Jeopardy-buzzer fast in your clicking! XD

8 hours ago, Cuon said:

Lagie answered pretty nicely on actual hunting (cave + AP)

However if you don't care about lineage you can also try your luck in breeding lists or simply put something on tradehub and say you want any lineage copper/copper dragon don't care about lineage, I'm sure you'll get something, a lot of people are willing to breed for others

21 hours ago, Cuon said:

And if you don't care about it coming from the biome or not, you could save your market points and get a copper (or any other rarer dragon) from that.

Although what everyone else said would probably be quicker, since Copper and other rarer dragons take a lot of points to get from the market.

Is there a reason for inconsistency in the Encyclopedia regarding which dragon sprite is shown first?  Going through a bunch of the Halloween ones, for almost all of them that have dimorphism it usually shows the sprites as male followed by female.  However, the Vampire, Pitfire, and Iridichi entries show female then male.

Actually, looking through the Encyclopedia in general, it seems most of the ones with dimorphism is Male then Female but a comparative handful are the reverse in general.

@KageSora I don't think there is a reason, I mean, what could it be? In any case, it is a bit annoying, and confusing. I mentioned it in this Suggestions thread, and I must admit that I still wish we could more easily and effectively use the Encyclopaedia to check the genders. I think there's wasted potential... 😸

Oh wow hey Im back 

yeah how does freeze cooldown work? the cooldown starts after you use all your freezes, or starts for each freeze individually? Because I really need to freeze a Ween hatchie and I. Can’t do that apparently.

5 minutes ago, Cuon said:

Oh wow hey Im back 

yeah how does freeze cooldown work? the cooldown starts after you use all your freezes, or starts for each freeze individually? Because I really need to freeze a Ween hatchie and I. Can’t do that apparently.

It starts for each freeze individually.

39 minutes ago, Cuon said:

Oh wow hey Im back 

https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze lets you know what's currently in your freeze slots. Each freeze slot has its own cooldown, so you'll have to wait 2 weeks from the earliest date shown.

14 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze lets you know what's currently in your freeze slots. Each freeze slot has its own cooldown, so you'll have to wait 2 weeks from the earliest date shown.

...Dang wish I'd known about that ages ago, that's super convenient!