Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

@LadyMadonna, the Halloween biome will have all the past Halloween dragons from Oct 25 to Oct 31. Regular eggs will drop in the usual biomes. On Oct 31, the new Halloween eggs will drop in all of the regular biomes only, not in the Halloween biome.

Thanks, @Lagie.  Glad I asked.  Your last sentence is not the answer I expected.  So the new 2022 release is exactly like the new releases each month and will be the only egg found in the 6 regular biomes for the 24 hours of 31 October.  Presumably flooding on each hour and then just 3 eggs in each biome on the 5 minute releases?

Edited by LadyMadonna

9 hours ago, KageSora said:

I can't recall...

Can you use revive on a hatchling that ran out of time to try for a zombie?

Yeah, that's how people revive things they fog to death every year.

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yes, that's how I got my sole zombie. Poor wee red fellow died so I tried revive, and lo, zombie.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yeah, that's how people revive things they fog to death every year.

Thanks you two!  I thought that was the case, but I didn't wanna fog and neglect a bunch of hatchies to death only to be stuck with no attempts to revive them or something XD  oh wow that sounds so bad when you describe it

Any word that gets filtered on the forums shouldn't be used in a dragon name right? Like the B word for a child that parents didn't married/a person who is really is a jackass? 

And is Foul Child and Beast okay name for a dragon? (I know I should probably use the name check thread but I am not sure if it still really active anymore.)

edit: I should also ask if 'down on your' and 'knees for hide and seek it's' is okay. lol I am doing song lyrics from FFXIV.

edit:  @purplehaze Thanks!

Edited by Lady Dragoon

19 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Any word that gets filtered on the forums shouldn't be used in a dragon name right? Like the B word for a child that parents didn't married/a person who is really is a jackass? 

I would think that is correct.

The others seem okay to me. JMO

10 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Thanks, @Lagie.  Glad I asked.  Your last sentence is not the answer I expected.  So the new 2022 release is exactly like the new releases each month and will be the only egg found in the 6 regular biomes for the 24 hours of 31 October.  Presumably flooding on each hour and then just 3 eggs in each biome on the 5 minute releases?

Honestly... I don't remember. It gets easier, though, as the day progresses, since only Halloween eggs drop for the full 24 hours, and once people are locked, they can't pick up more.

No, it should start on the 25th. That gives a week, including Halloween day.

How to grow a chicken egg successfully? Are there requirements? My egg seems to be cracking pretty fast and idk if thats normal?

6 hours ago, animalworld7 said:

How to grow a chicken egg successfully? Are there requirements? My egg seems to be cracking pretty fast and idk if thats normal?

Pretty much the same as any egg. ;)

31 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Pretty much the same as any egg. ;)

Thank you so much for the info! I get anxiety sometimes when it comes to eggs for their possible vulnerability/sickness. I got an egg once and i swear i had to fog that egg sometimes for hours on and off! So glad when it finally became a hatchling as it didnt have to do it as often than. 

5 hours ago, animalworld7 said:

I get anxiety sometimes when it comes to eggs for their possible vulnerability/sickness.

Sickness depends on their age, not species, so species that need lots of views like zyus will get sick close to hatching. On the other hand, chickens actually need less views to hatch so your egg will be fine. If something gets sick and it's not time to hatch I recommend just fogging it for 24 hours or until they're ER, whichever comes first, since even if it gets better right away it hasn't gotten old enough to be safe.

so pyropellis wyverns change their flame colors based on who they last bred with, does the change stay permenantly? or only for a week like the Aeon wyverns glow

35 minutes ago, Meruru said:

so pyropellis wyverns change their flame colors based on who they last bred with, does the change stay permenantly? or only for a week like the Aeon wyverns glow

It stays until they're bred with something that changes it to a different color!

Edit:   Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason for the oddity of the lineage of dragons like this?  That is, you'll note that it says it's a 5th gen but it's only 4th gen.  If you actually trace the lineages back, you find things like these which don't line up.

image.png.3a1412b8ed4cf9e1d8d61f7e29251a6f.pngimage.png.b6d8f5e25537bcc5944b3a2ed19c4abe.png

See how the CB Alt is listed as "gen 2" but the CB Hybrids are listed as "gen 0"?  Is there a specific reason for that at all...?

Just idly curious, I noticed it when poking around through my Thuweds.

and now kicking myself for not keeping a Thuwed that would have mated perfectly with this guy because I forgot I had him lol)

Edited by KageSora
added a Question

What category of Undead dragons do Zyumorphs fall under? I have a Pink one I am considering making Zombie fodder. Thanks! :)

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

What category of Undead dragons do Zyumorphs fall under? I have a Pink one I am considering making Zombie fodder. Thanks! :)

Wiki says that regardless of appearance, they all are treated as "western" for zombie-making purposes

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason for the oddity of the lineage of dragons like this?

Old thuwed hybrids/bred-onlys are all a little messed up, possibly due to how they were generated. The reason, you'd have to ask TJ.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Old thuwed hybrids/bred-onlys are all a little messed up, possibly due to how they were generated. The reason, you'd have to ask TJ.

I figured it just seems odd that they're both bred-only species/variants and yet they're handled very differently in how their gens are numbered.  Doesn't seem to be connected either to what they are (bred-only alts, bred-only usual color variants, hybrid) or when they were generated.  Ah well, not worth trying to ping him over especially if it would end up being an answer that would dig into the mechanics or anything.  Just a mild curiosity~

For most lineage reasons they function the same as anything else anyway, just wanna be a little extra careful when breeding to pay attention to the actual visible generations instead of relying on the number so you don't end up with a mis-match if you want even-gen XD

I can't recall...  Is the kill action's dodge reset every calendar day, or ever 24 hours?  Like if I get a dodge at 3am, can I potentially get a success if I use kill the next day at 2am, or do I have to wait until at least 3am to have a chance at a different result?

I BELIEVE it resets at midnight cave time. But if I'm wrong please don't hit me....

ETA yes.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Sorry, I'm sleep deprived and can't think. Does h'ween breeding start midnight tonight or tomorrow night?

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I BELIEVE it resets at midnight cave time. But if I'm wrong please don't hit me....

ETA yes.

Thanks!  :3