Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

45 minutes ago, Tiira said:

Just to be sure, fertility can be used on holiday dragons, too - right? So when I breed my pair the first time off-season, they shouldn't refuse? Unless I get extremely unlucky, of course.

This is true!  You could just breed them in-season since IIRC refusals are turned off, but if you're looking to establish mates for off-season yeah use Fertility to minimize that risk.

@KageSora Great, thanks for the confirmation! 😸 Oh, and it shouldn't matter whether I use it on the holiday parent or the non-holiday parent? (Already used it on the holiday that I have since his mate hasn't grown up yet and I don't trust my memory...)

25 minutes ago, Tiira said:

@KageSora Great, thanks for the confirmation! 😸 Oh, and it shouldn't matter whether I use it on the holiday parent or the non-holiday parent? (Already used it on the holiday that I have since his mate hasn't grown up yet and I don't trust my memory...)

In general, it shouldn't matter which parent it is as long as one of the parents is fertilized. (Green Nilia Pygmies are the only exception to this in that both parents must be fertilized to get one.)

@0x08 Thanks to you as well, I can gen super nervous when it's an important pair. Good to know I should be safe! (Unless they decide to refuse each other despite fertility... fingers crossed that I won't have such bad luck.)

On 10/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, Tawanda001 said:

Metachrosis- does it stay until it's used? What's up with the message that says it will continue for less than a day, the message that has been there for several days now? 

"This dragon is already displaying their breeding colors. They will continue to for less than a day."

On 10/13/2022 at 7:12 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

As far as I know it stays for a good while - I meta-ed several of mine a few days ago to help with the encyclopaedia, and they are still blue.

The wiki says:

The dragon will display its breeding colors for seven days, or until it is bred. Breeding may produce a multi-clutch of up to 4 eggs. The action has a 28 day cooldown between uses.

That fits with mine, who say they will turn back in 1-2 days. I think it is a mirror of the celestials' corporealise.

image.png.cf09f08163e644873b148cfd1af723e3.png

On 10/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, Tawanda001 said:

I can confirm it has been longer than a week for the unbred dragons, as they are the same rays that were activated for the encyclopedia helpers thread on Oct 2nd.  My daughter says she thinks they counted down normally until it hit less than 24 hours, at which point it seems to have quit counting down and has displayed the same message since.   

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hXWhV

https://dragcave.net/group/212138

Has there been any confirmation on this - mine have now been blue for way longer than a week, and are also displaying the message:

"This dragon is already displaying their breeding colors. They will continue to for less than a day."

@Hawaiianbabidoll - can you clarify - what is the intended behaviour ?

It was always my intention that they stay in breeding colors until they were actually bred, and the bsa would go on cooldown when the dragons were bred, rather than when the bsa was used. So if that's how its been working, its working as intended but is just worded incorrectly.

Yes, that is how it's working. Thank you for the clarification! 

9 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

It was always my intention that they stay in breeding colors until they were actually bred, and the bsa would go on cooldown when the dragons were bred, rather than when the bsa was used. So if that's how its been working, its working as intended but is just worded incorrectly.

So we can collect the blue sprites? Awesome!

10 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Thank you - that solves that little confusion ! So that means they cannot be bred for 28 days after BREEDING ? That's a new thing, I think ? Celestials just lose the corporeal form (and also the ability to breed in that cycle) after 7 days, don't they - but after being corporealised it's a total of 28 days whether bred or not ? ?

Oh cool! Thank you for clarify and that means one of my dream come true! XD ( Started to plan some interesting lineage with blue one...)

Will all those Xenos being bred then abandoned affect the Xeno ratios? Lately they are all you see on the AP.

34 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Will all those Xenos being bred then abandoned affect the Xeno ratios? Lately they are all you see on the AP.

They'll affect bred ratios and market prices, but not cave ratios. Since their base rarity is common (having starting price of 100) those ratios will also be harder to affect than uncommons or rares.

11 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Thank you. I guess I had thought they were so much rarer and pricey.

The Staterae ones are the extremely rare and pricy ones, currently sitting at 3900 shards.  Those are always extremely hard to find in the cave.

The other ones are much easier to spot, and currently sit at 200 or 400 (variable by specific breed) in the market.

Much, much different from the Stats--those are just special.  But also easy mistake to make assuming that all the Xenos are like that since one of the Xeno breeds is rare and expensive.

2 hours ago, Dogmage999 said:

If I kill a frozen hatchling, can I revive it as an undeead frozen hatchling?

If it doesn't end up crumbling into dust! Success rate is dreadful.

Yep, be prepared for that--IIRC on Halloween day itself (cave time) has the highest chance of success but you'll still get plenty of failures.

If you're planning for zombies this year, it's best to try and time things so you have maximum chances to revive on Halloween itself.

Do holiday, Dino and chicken still have scroll limits and if so what are the numbers?

edit:thank you for the info Shadowdrake:)

Edited by animalworld7

10 minutes ago, animalworld7 said:

Do holiday, Dino and chicken still have scroll limits and if so what are the numbers?

Dino and chicken never had scroll limits, only leetle tree. You can have 2 cbs per breed of Christmas and Valentine's dragons, no limit on bred Christmas/Valentines or any Halloweens.

I can't recall...

Can you use revive on a hatchling that ran out of time to try for a zombie?

With Halloween almost upon us, I'm still unsure what will be in the biomes.  Can anyone clarify for me:

1. Is the temporary biome that appears between midnight on Tuesday 25th and midnight Tuesday 1 November the only place that CB Halloween dragons will drop (apart from lucky AP finds)? Or 
    • Are Halloween eggs also mixed in with regular eggs in the other 6 biomes? Or
    • Do all regular eggs disappear from the biomes, so that everything in all biomes is Halloween (similar to monthly new releases)?
  2. On 31 October, does the temporary biome have just the 2022 release, or will it be mixed in with Halloweens from previous years in that biome?

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

I can't recall...

Can you use revive on a hatchling that ran out of time to try for a zombie?

Yes, that's how I got my sole zombie. Poor wee red fellow died so I tried revive, and lo, zombie.

@LadyMadonna, the Halloween biome will have all the past Halloween dragons from Oct 25 to Oct 31. Regular eggs will drop in the usual biomes. On Oct 31, the new Halloween eggs will drop in all of the regular biomes only, not in the Halloween biome.

Edited by Lagie
Ninja'd!