Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Frozen hatchies cannot die, unless you kill them.

32 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Frozen hatchies cannot die, unless you kill them.

Thank you!

I just entered my scroll and saw that my five Iridichi hatchlings were sick (the eggs they hatched from were in hatcheries), and they have 6 days and 5 hours remaining. Of course, I immediately hid them in order to help them recover, but I have to ask because I'm really worried - is there a way for me to know if I reacted in time by hiding them? How long does it have to pass since a hatchling gets sick for it to die? I just wish I could know if my hatchlings stand a chance at recovery.

It is really hard to know. A lot depends on how many views they got as well as how fast they got them. Hatchies are harder to kill than eggs. It is pretty much just a waiting game at this point.

I'm probably just mixing myself up, but... were past holiday dragons purchasable on the market during the holiday week at all? Or am I just confusing myself and misremembering things?

No, they are only available from the holiday biome.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No, they are only available from the holiday biome.

Ah, as I thought, I was just getting mixed up entirely. Thank you! 😊 

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It is really hard to know. A lot depends on how many views they got as well as how fast they got them. Hatchies are harder to kill than eggs. It is pretty much just a waiting game at this point.

I hope they'll be okay. I hid them as soon as I saw that they were sick and so far they're still alive. Sick, but alive. I hope I'll be able to save them and to be safe, if they do, I'll kip them hidden for a while.

EDIT: things are looking slightly better as now I see that my scroll shows three hatchlings being sick instead of five, so two appear to be in the clear (will keep them fogged for a bit longer anyway). However, two of my hatchlings gendered while hidden although they're only at 5 days and 23 hours, should I be worried that they might die or?

56 minutes ago, Twyro said:

I hope they'll be okay. I hid them as soon as I saw that they were sick and so far they're still alive. Sick, but alive. I hope I'll be able to save them and to be safe, if they do, I'll kip them hidden for a while.

EDIT: things are looking slightly better as now I see that my scroll shows three hatchlings being sick instead of five, so two appear to be in the clear (will keep them fogged for a bit longer anyway). However, two of my hatchlings gendered while hidden although they're only at 5 days and 23 hours, should I be worried that they might die or?

Leave them all fogged for 24hrs. Gendering doesn't mean anything either way. Just that they had enough views to do so. 

2 hours ago, Twyro said:

In my experience hatchies are a lot hardier than eggs are.  While they can and do die of sickness, I don’t recall personally ever having that happen.  Several of my hatchies got sick this year before they gendered and I had to keep them fogged  for probably about 2 days--they gendered while fogged!  And they made a full recovery.

But then, they didn't have anything like, say, 10k views.  They had between 6k-7k views before being more than a few hours old.  One of them was an Iridichi.  If they had views like that, you probably have a pretty good chance, even with somewhat higher views.

I also had a non-holiday hatchling (duotone) that hatched with somewhere around that many that I allowed to keep getting views and it was up past 10k and had never stopped being sick before I gave up and fogged it to prevent it growing up (I was trying to see if sickness could kill it quickly because I wanted it for a zombie attempt).  It eventually recovered while fogged--had I undogged it, it would have simply grown up before recovering and adults don't suffer from sickness so that woulf have taken care of that.

To add to that, I have TRIED to blitz hatchies to death for zombification. I've put them in every hatchery known to man, had a friend stick them in an autorefresher and I've done the same. I NEVER managed to kill one. It was very annoying ! They got sick, but they just would not die.

4 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

I just had a Pitfire grow up, and I went in to have it Reborn/Exalted, and the option wasn’t there!

You have to kill it to get the Exalted variant.

Do note: if you kill the Exalted Pitfire once again, it will die or dodge as normal.

Edited by 0x08

5 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

You have to kill it to get the Exalted variant.

Do note: if you kill the Exalted Pitfire once again, it will die or dodge as normal.

Heck if I didn’t forget that. Thanks. 

They all recovered from sickness!!! I'm so happy and relieved, thank you so much everyone! :wub: I'll keep them hidden for some more time just to make sure they'll be okay.

When I want sick things to LIVE, I always fog them for 24 hours no matter how much they scream that they are All Better Now !

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

When I want sick things to LIVE, I always fog them for 24 hours no matter how much they scream that they are All Better Now !

Yeah, I'll keep them hidden all day today just to make sure they're in the clear. Seeing them sick once was enough of a scare for me, they're my first Iridichi dragons and I didn't think they'd get sick so easily. Most of my other dragons don't.

2 hours ago, Twyro said:

Yeah, I'll keep them hidden all day today just to make sure they're in the clear. Seeing them sick once was enough of a scare for me, they're my first Iridichi dragons and I didn't think they'd get sick so easily. Most of my other dragons don't.

Holidays in general are more touchy times if you're using hatchery sites--they get a lot of traffic for the holiday dragons and such.  Sometimes people find they need to use less than usual to avoid sickness during holiday events and such.

So it's easier to end up with sick things even if you're not doing anything different from normal!

Does anyone know how many treats there are this year? I have 48 of them & I was wondering if I'd find anymore.

Just now, kiramaru7 said:

Does anyone know how many treats there are this year? I have 48 of them & I was wondering if I'd find anymore.

So far 48, though there might be more tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

So far 48, though there might be more tomorrow.

Oh okay. Thanks, Lagie! :D

I've been a bit slaphappy, uploading a lot of images the past few days for the Rise of the Zombies.  👻I believe I have reached my image upload limit. Is that for the month or is that a total limit? 

7 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I've been a bit slaphappy, uploading a lot of images the past few days for the Rise of the Zombies.  👻I believe I have reached my image upload limit. Is that for the month or is that a total limit? 

Total, I think - but how on EARTH did you do that ? we have a LOT....

image.png.eafbef17501124102bba5ab96d480fe4.png

50 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Total, but you can clean out old images here: https://forums.dragcave.net/attachments/ 

It's in your profile settings.