Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A mate of mine just zombified a painted ray - is there no sprite for zombie pygmy amphiipteres - it has come back as a Western.... she is not happy....

Maybe they are too new to have a zombie sprite. Although it seemed some others had them almost right away.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A mate of mine just zombified a painted ray - is there no sprite for zombie pygmy amphiipteres - it has come back as a Western.... she is not happy....

Oof, I just picked up a bunch to zombify for the 'ween. I hope it gets sorted before then! (and that it's retroactive, so disappointing for your friend) 

If I breed some of my Halloween dragons today, they will be ready in time for holiday breeding, right? 

Yes. (Unless things have changed, of course!)

11 hours ago, KageSora said:

On mobile you can long-press on a dragon until you get a small menu then select the "open in new tab" option which would allow you to do the same right clicking/CRTL + click/mouse wheel click/etc. does on desktop.  Works for both Chrome and Firefox browsers on Android, and I believe that should be a basic feature of most mobile browsers and whatnot regardless of OS and browser of choice?

Thank you! I actually have an extendable keyboard on my iPad case that lets me use the previous technique, but that is much easier!

On 10/14/2022 at 5:35 PM, oakfern said:

not sure if this is the right place but... does anyone know if there's a certain number of posts you have to make before you get to add images to PMs? or is it just not possible? i'm trying to submit to the event art submissions, but i only have the option to add from a link. my posts (like this one) do have a "drag files to attach" bar at the bottom

It is not possible to add an attachment to a PM, but you can upload an image in your private notepad when you edit your profile. Then you can copy the image from there and paste it into your message.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, oakfern said:

not sure if this is the right place but... does anyone know if there's a certain number of posts you have to make before you get to add images to PMs? or is it just not possible? i'm trying to submit to the event art submissions, but i only have the option to add from a link. my posts (like this one) do have a "drag files to attach" bar at the bottom

Adding to others' answers, since it's a little hard to find, it's here:

Untitled.png

I’m back

just wondering… is it unreasonable to assume I’ll be able to snag some Halloween eggs off the AP for my first holiday run on DC? I’m not expecting any from the cave, but I really don’t know where else I’m supposed to get my first ones from besides the AP.

21 minutes ago, Cuon said:

I’m back

just wondering… is it unreasonable to assume I’ll be able to snag some Halloween eggs off the AP for my first holiday run on DC? I’m not expecting any from the cave, but I really don’t know where else I’m supposed to get my first ones from besides the AP.

It's been a few years since I played but I asked about grabbing Halloweenies earlier. From my understanding there is a biome where you can grab past Halloween eggs (CB eggs) as well as lineaged eggs from the AP (perhaps a few CBs from the AP after cooldowns are over etc and they get tossed in) but if your question is, is it easy to pluck literally any egg from the AP the answer is yes, usually (I guess depending on your internet speed) you should be able to grab something from the AP within reason. From my understanding though it's more of a challenge to grab say, an Omen from the AP than it would be a Shadow Walker because Omens are much newer than S.W's/ the older something is the less demand there is for it comparatively to newer years.

To add to that, I think someone mentioned that the biome for CB past halloween eggs is up and running as soon as the event starts as well. So you can grab from the cave and the AP.

Edited by boscodelta

The AP is always CHOKKA for WEEKS. And you will easily get some from the cave,

I would just add -- be sure to save at least a couple of egg slots on your scroll to be open for the new eggs that will be released on Halloween Day and only drop on that one day then not return until next year. They are easy to catch on the 31st. They drop in all biomes in plentiful supply (but not the holiday biome -- that is for past years' breeds only).

3 hours ago, Cuon said:

I’m back

If you're after a specific breed, just keep checking and you'll probably find a lot of them--at this point, many of us who're long-established members like to mass-breed our past holidays throughout the week to dump eggs in the AP.  You may not find nice lineages all the time, but there's usually a pretty plentiful amount of short, clean lines if you're after that.

If you want CBs, it's pretty easy to grab from the holiday biome, too.  It might be a bit harder at the very start but usually once people load up you have a bit of an easier time grabbing them while people wait for them to hatch.  And people load up fast so you don't need to dread waiting 5 days into the event and being locked up for this year's release or anything.

But if you're not super picky, you'll be fairly easily able to grab from either the biome or the AP especially a few days into the events--but, as purplehaze said be sure to leave room for however many of this year's you want.  Last year's dragons will be the hardest to get even those are obtainable.

Plus, if there's a specific dragon you really want, I'm sure there's people who'd be happy to breed one for you!

Also, just as a tip--you may want to start investing in some Red Dragons because of their Incubate BSA which allows eggs to hatch one day faster.  There's always users happy to try and breed some for you to get you started if you need them (just hit me up via DM when you have space if you want some--I've got a lot and can load you up with them XD)  That said, that's optional.  Timing it well with Incubate should let you get a second crop of eggs if you have enough Reds but you'll very easily be able to grab a full batch of eggs towards the start of the event then hatch them and have room for this year's eggs with no trouble as long as you grab them within the first few days of the event.  If you don't want to for whatever reason at all, totally just disregard this!

39 minutes ago, KageSora said:

If you're after a specific breed, just keep checking and you'll probably find a lot of them--at this point, many of us who're long-established members like to mass-breed our past holidays throughout the week to dump eggs in the AP.  You may not find nice lineages all the time, but there's usually a pretty plentiful amount of short, clean lines if you're after that.

If you want CBs, it's pretty easy to grab from the holiday biome, too.  It might be a bit harder at the very start but usually once people load up you have a bit of an easier time grabbing them while people wait for them to hatch.  And people load up fast so you don't need to dread waiting 5 days into the event and being locked up for this year's release or anything.

But if you're not super picky, you'll be fairly easily able to grab from either the biome or the AP especially a few days into the events--but, as purplehaze said be sure to leave room for however many of this year's you want.  Last year's dragons will be the hardest to get even those are obtainable.

Plus, if there's a specific dragon you really want, I'm sure there's people who'd be happy to breed one for you!

Also, just as a tip--you may want to start investing in some Red Dragons because of their Incubate BSA which allows eggs to hatch one day faster.  There's always users happy to try and breed some for you to get you started if you need them (just hit me up via DM when you have space if you want some--I've got a lot and can load you up with them XD)  That said, that's optional.  Timing it well with Incubate should let you get a second crop of eggs if you have enough Reds but you'll very easily be able to grab a full batch of eggs towards the start of the event then hatch them and have room for this year's eggs with no trouble as long as you grab them within the first few days of the event.  If you don't want to for whatever reason at all, totally just disregard this!

I’m egglocked right now, but I’ll definitely look into those! I’m not one to use BSAs much until I really need them :’) and thank you for the advice! I fortunately don’t care much about linages, in fact I actually don’t really like CBs because they take a couple days longer to hatch.

3 minutes ago, Cuon said:

I’m egglocked right now, but I’ll definitely look into those! I’m not one to use BSAs much until I really need them :’) and thank you for the advice! I fortunately don’t care much about linages, in fact I actually don’t really like CBs because they take a couple days longer to hatch.

If you end up needing some, like I said I'm happy to breed some if you need!

Just as fair warning, the holiday eggs in the AP are gonna be starting at 7 days to hatch, same as cave eggs, right at the start--it'll take a little while for them to be lower time since a lot of users do just start breeding immediately and dumping to the AP right away and IIRC those take precedence so they show up immediately instead of sitting for a few days behind the other eggs.  Eventually there will be lower-time holidays in the AP, though--so if you're looking for those specifically it's best to wait a few days before trying to start grabbing anything.

18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This is normal for new body types, we've seen it once or twice before. It'll be automatically changed once an artist finishes the new zombie sprite and TJ implements it. 

In the meantime, I don't suppose you could link or leave a screenshot? I'm curious as I've never seen a pygmy default.

Edited by Shadowdrake

They are in the wiki, but here you go: (I hesitate to post a LINK as it isn't mine !) Which is basically - the Western hatchie. From a Ray and a punkin.

image.png.0ba26c2f9ff3f4928483e73a8aadf32d.png

Even the Western PYGMY is very different:

image.png.5dbf6b5d54462efccc4a62b5c9cbed4e.png

I hope you're right that it will change....

WAIT - I have a pygmy undead:

https://dragcave.net/view/mwJz7

But I suppose the BASIC zombie is the ordinary undead Western; the first we had.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But I suppose the BASIC zombie is the ordinary undead Western; the first we had.

I guess, its a bit strange though! I have never Zombified a new dragon type, so not so sure how it works? I am sure it will revert when the sprite comes out.

Quick question. Does Halloween start on 24th this season? Or 25th? Thanks, sorry if its already been asked.

Edit: @KageSora Thanks for the answer! Good to know :) 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

10 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Quick question. Does Halloween start on 24th this season? Or 25th? Thanks, sorry if its already been asked.

Traditionally it's started on the 25th and so far we have no reason to assume otherwise--we won't know for sure until the announcement goes up but it's likely pretty safe to assume it'll be the 25th that the pre-drop event begins.  The new dragons themselves will drop the 31st only.

But the PAST ones will have their biome from 25th (assuming, etc....)

Just to be sure, fertility can be used on holiday dragons, too - right? So when I breed my pair the first time off-season, they shouldn't refuse? Unless I get extremely unlucky, of course.

Hi, it's been a while since I've browsed the forums. I remember there used to be a thread with a list of artists with their preferences if they allow fan art of their concepts. Could someone help me locate this?

Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, Xythus said:

Hi, it's been a while since I've browsed the forums. I remember there used to be a thread with a list of artists with their preferences if they allow fan art of their concepts. Could someone help me locate this?

Thanks in advance!

Official Art Usage Form - Found in the Suggestions section