Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, AlanaPerry said:

How do I get badges?

Participate in cave activities, usually at holiday times (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's, Easter).

When were the Autumn Seasonals being released? 

haha, never mind. I see they have been. 
(When I checked earlier today, they had not.)

Edited by Pliskin

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

haha, never mind. I see they have been. 
(When I checked earlier today, they had not.)

as someone over on one of the discords reminded me: check your Leetle Tree if you have one.  if not, you can use my scroll, trystan830. (it's right underneath Makatza (my Wild Shumoga who helps guard any eggs or hatchies i have)).  once the Leetle Tree changes to the new season, those seasonals will be out at that time too.

When I type #incomplete into the encyclopedia filter the only breed that appears is the Undead Dragon because I completed all the other breeds, but when I click on it, it says I've unlocked all the observations for this breed and all the sprites are filled in. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with any breed(s) in their encyclopedia?

Edited by Rhikasa

13 hours ago, Rhikasa said:

When I type #incomplete into the encyclopedia filter the only breed that appears is the Undead Dragon because I completed all the other breeds, but when I click on it, it says I've unlocked all the observations for this breed and all the sprites are filled in. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with any breed(s) in their encyclopedia?

Yeah, it seems to be a thing several of us are having show up.  Not sure why it is, but it seems to be a widespread thing.

I haven't been here since March 2020. Was there a free-for-all forum where you could drop off eggs/hatchlings, like TJ's Take An Egg, Leave An Egg?

For some reason, I remember being able to do this, and it was one of my favorite things to do. I'd pick up random eggs from the AP and give away any caveborns, rares, or interesting dragons I'd find. I was hatching them, too, so people weren't stuck with an egg slot being taken :3 However, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I checked my replies, but since it got a lot of activity, I would have expected them to have deleted anything I have posted if it was a couple of years old. If it was closed, I guess I'm sad to see it go :(

5 minutes ago, HeartJacker13 said:

I haven't been here since March 2020. Was there a free-for-all forum where you could drop off eggs/hatchlings, like TJ's Take An Egg, Leave An Egg?

For some reason, I remember being able to do this, and it was one of my favorite things to do. I'd pick up random eggs from the AP and give away any caveborns, rares, or interesting dragons I'd find. I was hatching them, too, so people weren't stuck with an egg slot being taken :3 However, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I checked my replies, but since it got a lot of activity, I would have expected them to have deleted anything I have posted if it was a couple of years old. If it was closed, I guess I'm sad to see it go :(

This one?

Just now, Shadowdrake said:

This one?

Ah, thank you! I kept searching "free" so no wonder I never found it lol

Not sure if this has been asked/discussed or if it's well known? Or I'm doing something wrong. But when I go to "adventure" it won't let me pick more then one dragon even though I have multiple of each breed 

Nvm you have to long hold on the dragons to select them

Edited by Deus_Suetonius
Figured it out

Not sure if this goes here or in its own thread, so here goes.

How was Valkemarian Tales coded and implemented? I'm asking mostly because I love the games, and I'd love to try my hand at something like it since I'm okay with pixel art and I pick up programming languages quickly, quicker if I have a project I'm working on. I know it's obviously not flash, given how outdated it is, but I'd love to get pointed in a direction on what I need to know so I can try that.

I did check their permanent home (valkemariantales.com) and it looks like it's some sort of React with an HTML5 canvas? Although the React I was able to look into client-side was mostly a bunch of obfuscated code, so I'm not super sure if it's only implemented that way, or if it's actually fully coded in React.

Figure this is probably a mod / spriter question, but if anyone happens to know, that'd be great. I don't have much experience on this side of things, but I'd love to get more.

is it ok to give the code for an adult dragon I own in a public trade and say I want a dragon not related to that?

I have seen it often, so I assume it is... "bronze tinsel checker with shumoga, not related to DQKgw" (OK OK It's a dead code of mine !) so why not ?

15 minutes ago, AlanaPerry said:

-What dragon(s) can use the teleport ability?

-How many Xenowyrm types are there(I'm collecting them)?

1. Only magi.

2. 12 basic, 13 when you count the staterae.

16 hours ago, AlanaPerry said:

-What dragon(s) can use the teleport ability?

15 hours ago, Lagie said:

1. Only magi.

But any dragon can BE teleported by that magi.... (except a market bought one, of course...)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but my encyclopedia seems broken. I can't get the shadow for the painted rays (I have observed four or five eight of them) and I have gone through the spreadsheet  for the wingless pygmy zombies yet still have no shadow for those either. Is anyone else having similar problems? Any suggestions?

Edited by Tawanda001

5 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but my encyclopedia seems broken. I can't get the shadow for the painted rays (I have observed four or five eight of them) and I have gone through the spreadsheet  for the wingless pygmy zombies yet still have no shadow for those either. Is anyone else having similar problems? Any suggestions?

You need to observe 15 of them before the image unlocks, or raise 3 of them to adults. I checked mine & since I have 4 adults, it was unlocked.

I don't know what to tell you about the pygmy zombies since all my zombies are unlocked.

Edited by kiramaru7

Do Scourgekeepers not breed?  I've been trying to breed my two Scourgekeepers since I got them in June and I've yet to receive a egg back.  I've tried breeding them to each other and other dragons with and without fertility.   

13 minutes ago, fergalicious214 said:

Do Scourgekeepers not breed?  I've been trying to breed my two Scourgekeepers since I got them in June and I've yet to receive a egg back.  I've tried breeding them to each other and other dragons with and without fertility.   

I've bred several of mine & got one Scourgekeeper (frozen on someone's scroll), & several Ghansers (grown up on other scrolls with a Ghanser parent). So they do breed,  you might be having a run of bad luck due to the ratios, which is unfortunate. I have the same issue with my Stateraes (no eggs or no Stats).

32 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I've bred several of mine & got one Scourgekeeper (frozen on someone's scroll), & several Ghansers (grown up on other scrolls with a Ghanser parent). So they do breed,  you might be having a run of bad luck due to the ratios, which is unfortunate. I have the same issue with my Stateraes (no eggs or no Stats).

Man that stinks, but reassuring to know!  I was getting afraid that I'd need to get more party members and resummon for the frozen hatchies I want.  Thanks for the info!

Hi

Does anyone have any insight into the mechanics of how/when the colour of a nebula hatchling is determined?  I believe it's about 50/50 in terms of whether they go Blue/Red or Purple/Green, and I guess the ratios come into play somewhere along the line there too..   

I think it's 50/50 per egg laid that is,  although when you have hatched 8 reds in a row it's hard to believe that..  I tried tossing coins and getting 8 heads in a row took for-ages

also curious about when the coding decides what colour the egg will hatch. 

So is it as soon as it's laid? Or as it becomes a hatchling?

Is it linked at all to the parent dragon? ((Can't see how it could be,  but some of my pairs have produced nothing but reds)) 

(At least I learnt the sort trick so I can see which varient they will be before they actually show colour)

Edited by nerys

3 hours ago, kiramaru7 said:

You need to observe 15 of them before the image unlocks, or raise 3 of them to adults. I checked mine & since I have 4 adults, it was unlocked.

I don't know what to tell you about the pygmy zombies since all my zombies are unlocked.

Oh, sigh, I guess I was tired when I wrote this this. Sorry.

I should have put that I don't have the alternate version of the painted ray shadow, just the regular one. I have viewed eight of the alt rays. My daughter has viewed the same alts as me (sent me the links) and has both types of shadows in her encyclopedia, whereas I do not.

1 hour ago, Tawanda001 said:

Oh, sigh, I guess I was tired when I wrote this this. Sorry.

I should have put that I don't have the alternate version of the painted ray shadow, just the regular one. I have viewed eight of the alt rays. My daughter has viewed the same alts as me (sent me the links) and has both types of shadows in her encyclopedia, whereas I do not.

No worries! :D

Oh, okay. You unlock that by using their BSA. It's called Metachrosis. I just tried it on my 2 adult pairs & it seems as soon as you breed them, they revert back to their normal coloration. Also it seems that, unlike a normal unlock where having 3 of a particular dragon or observing 15 of them, you need to have 3 male adults that you've used the BSA on to unlock the male shadow & 3 females that you've used the BSA on to unlock it or observing 15 of each. XD That seems hard to do as you'd need to find them on other people's scrolls before they breed them. XD So it would seem that as long as you have 3 adult pairs to use the BSA on, you'll unlock the breeding alt as well as unlock the regular version as those pairs grow up. I hope that not only makes sense but helps.

2 hours ago, fergalicious214 said:

Man that stinks, but reassuring to know!  I was getting afraid that I'd need to get more party members and resummon for the frozen hatchies I want.  Thanks for the info!

You're welcome! :D

Edited by kiramaru7

13 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

No worries! :D

Oh, okay. You unlock that by using their BSA. It's called Metachrosis. I just tried it on my 2 adult pairs & it seems as soon as you breed them, they revert back to their normal coloration. Also it seems that, unlike a normal unlock where having 3 of a particular dragon or observing 15 of them, you need to have 3 male adults that you've used the BSA on to unlock the male shadow & 3 females that you've used the BSA on to unlock it or observing 15 of each. XD That seems hard to do as you'd need to find them on other people's scrolls before they breed them. XD So it would seem that as long as you have 3 adult pairs to use the BSA on, you'll unlock the breeding alt as well as unlock the regular version as those pairs grow up. I hope that not only makes sense but helps.

You're welcome! :D

Yes, yes it did! Unlocked, thank you so much.

2 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

Yes, yes it did! Unlocked, thank you so much.

You're welcome! :D I'm glad I could help! :D