Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

can we get that post^ stickied somewhere? it seems quite helpful for people who don't know this yet, or a reminder for those who do.  and it's well written also! :)

@KageSora That is a wonderful post, very detailed while easy to understand. I second getting that stickied/posted somewhere more prominently. 

6 hours ago, trystan said:

can we get that post^ stickied somewhere? it seems quite helpful for people who don't know this yet, or a reminder for those who do.  and it's well written also! :)

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@KageSora That is a wonderful post, very detailed while easy to understand. I second getting that stickied/posted somewhere more prominently. 

I'm glad it's coming off thorough and not rambling!  I remembered seeing a variety of different questions about Teleport over the years and tried to address as many of them as possible.

I have a few questions about this Halloween, if this is a spoiler or not allowed or something can someone please PM me the answer?

Spoiler

It's been a few years since I was around for an event, no matter what day the event starts (I think its the 21st right?) does the event go live at midnight like other new releases? So if the event starts on a Thursday lets say, would it be at 12am that Thursday?

Second question, how does the AP work once the event starts? Do bred Halloween eggs get tossed to the back of the queue with all of the normal stuff or do the newly bred (7 day) eggs get priority right out of the gate?

Lastly, the biome that has all of the past Halloween eggs in it, is that available once the event starts as well or only on the 31st?

It's okay to ask here.

1. Yes, it will go live at midnight. Halloween breeding season starts on the 25th to allow a week for breeding, including Halloween. I believe any event associated with the holiday will also begin then.

2.Bred Halloween eggs actually get priority and go to the head of the line. For the last year or so, TJ has reserved one line of the AP for normal bred eggs because people were concerned about eggs dying behind the queue of holiday eggs.

3. The holiday biome will be available from the 25th on through the 31st.

21 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

I have a few questions about this Halloween, if this is a spoiler or not allowed or something can someone please PM me the answer?

Reveal hidden contents

It's been a few years since I was around for an event, no matter what day the event starts (I think its the 21st right?) does the event go live at midnight like other new releases? So if the event starts on a Thursday lets say, would it be at 12am that Thursday?

Second question, how does the AP work once the event starts? Do bred Halloween eggs get tossed to the back of the queue with all of the normal stuff or do the newly bred (7 day) eggs get priority right out of the gate?

Lastly, the biome that has all of the past Halloween eggs in it, is that available once the event starts as well or only on the 31st?

Don't worry, none of those are spoilery!  :3

Keep in mind that until everything is announced, it's always possible for things to be changed up, but if nothing is changed you can expect the following based off previous years:

• Halloween is traditionally a 2-part event (as most special holiday drops are)
    • The first part goes live midnight cave time on the 25th (one week prior to the Major Holiday itself)
      • Old Halloween dragons are able to breed true until November 1st rolls around cave-time.
      • The old eggs become available as CBs in the Holiday Biome
      • The Trick-Or-Treat event goes live
        • You can expect to be able to gather the old ToT collectibles once you've gathered all of the ones for the current year (this was new as of 2020, but it returned in 2021 so I'd imagine we'd see it return this year as well)
      • A Halloween mini-game goes live--this may or may not have a mini-story component
    • The second part goes live midnight cave-time on the 31st and last until November 1st rolls around
      • This is when the brand new eggs drops
  • No limits~  That's still the case, grab as many as you want CB or bred of both the old ones and the new ones.

A similar format is followed for the Winter Holiday and Valentines, though the following differences are noted:

• The new dragons drop for 3 days (instead of 24 hours) starting December 25th (winter holiday) and February 14th (Valentine's)
    • (Breeding of old dragons and the release of the new overlaps for 24 hours, but the old ones do not breed for the remaining 2 days of NR drops)
  • There's not usually a special "treat collecting" event
  • The 2 CB limit is still in place for both of these.

I'm not 100% sure about the AP behavior, though.  I believe they get priority, but I'm not 100% sure of that.  EDIT:  Looks like purplehaze beat me to it, and answered that!

Edited by KageSora

There is one unfortunate thing with the line of normal eggs in the holiday AP.  If you do a lot of active hunting or breeding of halloween eggs/hatchlings any normal eggs you pick up to look at and drop will die behind the wall.  The normal eggs get in your queue of eggs and until all the halloween eggs/hatchlings you picked up or bred are claimed the normal eggs will be unseen.  I had some of my own bred normal eggs die last year for that reason.  Only option to keep them from dying is put them in a hatchery that only er's and doesn't continue the views or they will just grow up wild.  Somewhere there was a suggestion to separate normal from holiday eggs in each user's queue but to my knowledge that hasn't happened.

Edited by Dracaena

Metachrosis- does it stay until it's used? What's up with the message that says it will continue for less than a day, the message that has been there for several days now? 

"This dragon is already displaying their breeding colors. They will continue to for less than a day."

As far as I know it stays for a good while - I meta-ed several of mine a few days ago to help with the encyclopaedia, and they are still blue.

The wiki says:

The dragon will display its breeding colors for seven days, or until it is bred. Breeding may produce a multi-clutch of up to 4 eggs. The action has a 28 day cooldown between uses.

That fits with mine, who say they will turn back in 1-2 days. I think it is a mirror of the celestials' corporealise.

image.png.cf09f08163e644873b148cfd1af723e3.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

42 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Metachrosis- does it stay until it's used?

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As far as I know it stays for a good while - I meta-ed several of mine a few days ago to help with the encyclopaedia, and they are still blue.

can confirm.  mine grew up on Sept 30, and i Meta'd them like 2 days later, and they're still Blue 

however, it does say on the Actions page:

Metachrosis

This dragon is already displaying their breeding colors. They will continue to for less than a day.

so i don't know how long it'll be blue.... 28 days?

Edited by trystan

51 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Metachrosis- does it stay until it's used? What's up with the message that says it will continue for less than a day, the message that has been there for several days now? 

"This dragon is already displaying their breeding colors. They will continue to for less than a day."

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The wiki says:

The dragon will display its breeding colors for seven days, or until it is bred. Breeding may produce a multi-clutch of up to 4 eggs. The action has a 28 day cooldown between uses.

That fits with mine, who say they will turn back in 1-2 days. I think it is a mirror of the celestials' corporealise.

image.png.cf09f08163e644873b148cfd1af723e3.png

The metachrosis on my dragons went away right after they were bred, so it does appear to be similar to Celestials and their “corporealize” action. I’m not sure why the message would still display unless the colors haven’t changed back yet. I checked on my third dragon, the action details say this:

“This action will temporarily change the appearance of (dragon) as they shift colors to indicate they are ready to breed. After one week, they will return to their normal colors and will once again be unable to be bred. This action has a cooldown of 28 days.”

Edited by Rhikasa

7 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

The metachrosis on my dragons went away right after they were bred, so it does appear to be similar to Celestials and their “corporealize” action. I’m not sure why the message would still display unless the colors haven’t changed back yet. On my third dragon, the action details say this:

“This action will temporarily change the appearance of (dragon) as they shift colors to indicate they are ready to breed. After one week, they will return to their normal colors and will once again be unable to be bred. This action has a cooldown of 28 days.”

I can confirm it has been longer than a week for the unbred dragons, as they are the same rays that were activated for the encyclopedia helpers thread on Oct 2nd.  My daughter says she thinks they counted down normally until it hit less than 24 hours, at which point it seems to have quit counting down and has displayed the same message since.   

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hXWhV

https://dragcave.net/group/212138

What can I say - I'll let you know when mine turn back.

It's not a big problem, just wondering if it's a glitch or if the wording is somehow off and needs to be updated/fixed.

I hope it's intended, but it's probably a bug. the same thing happened with my celestials at one point. they eventually changed back after staying corporeal for weeks

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The wiki says:

I will note that this was written under the assumption that the in-game description was accurate in saying it would last for a week. 😅

HBKit also mentioned on the discord that the desired behavior had been for them to stay in breeding colors until bred, though it appeared from the description that they were going to function like Celestials.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

I will note that this was written under the assumption that the in-game description was accurate in saying it would last for a week. 😅

HBKit also mentioned on the discord that the desired behavior had been for them to stay in breeding colors until bred, though it appeared from the description that they were going to function like Celestials.

Ah, so it might just be a case of mismatched lore and mechanics and the wording reflects the lore rather than the actual mechanics.  I assume, then, that either the mechanic will be brought into line with the lore or the wording will be altered to make it clear that they remain that way until bred.

I hope it ends up being kept, I really like their Painted form and would very much like to collect them if possible...

not sure if this is the right place but... does anyone know if there's a certain number of posts you have to make before you get to add images to PMs? or is it just not possible? i'm trying to submit to the event art submissions, but i only have the option to add from a link. my posts (like this one) do have a "drag files to attach" bar at the bottom

I think you have to upload them to a hosting site.

So this is about the click site The Allure of Neglected Dragons.

when I click dragons outside the viewing window, it takes me to a page where I’m logged in. When I click in the viewing window, it takes me to a page where I’m not logged in. I would like to be logged in so I can work on my encyclopedia while clicking. 

Is this just a glitch or is it just like that?

23 minutes ago, Cuon said:

So this is about the click site The Allure of Neglected Dragons.

when I click dragons outside the viewing window, it takes me to a page where I’m logged in. When I click in the viewing window, it takes me to a page where I’m not logged in. I would like to be logged in so I can work on my encyclopedia while clicking. 

Is this just a glitch or is it just like that?

I suspect it may be the same issue that pinkgothic addressed in an answer to a similar question about Daily Dragon Fix.

3 hours ago, Cuon said:

Thank you! Unfortunately I’m on mobile but good to know

On mobile you can long-press on a dragon until you get a small menu then select the "open in new tab" option which would allow you to do the same right clicking/CRTL + click/mouse wheel click/etc. does on desktop.  Works for both Chrome and Firefox browsers on Android, and I believe that should be a basic feature of most mobile browsers and whatnot regardless of OS and browser of choice?

A mate of mine just zombified a painted ray - is there no sprite for zombie pygmy amphiipteres - it has come back as a Western.... she is not happy....