Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

The site seems to have problems showing the silhouette images of the dragons I don't know yet. It's showing the text that's normally on the hover pop-up instead of the silhouette image.
image.thumb.png.1987754b7080550ccd500cc843096f43.png

3 hours ago, Sheriziya said:

The site seems to have problems showing the silhouette images of the dragons I don't know yet. It's showing the text that's normally on the hover pop-up instead of the silhouette image.

Try a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R) on the affected page, it might fix it. :)

Edited by 0x08
Previously contained something about fonts; it was a browser / extension problem

I'm being offered a trade but for some reason I can't accept it. I would love to know why.

7 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

I'm being offered a trade but for some reason I can't accept it. I would love to know why.

That can happen if your side of the offer would put them over egg or scroll limits. For example, if they're egg locked and offering a hatchling for your egg, or offering 1 egg for your 2+ eggs, you can't accept because they don't have room.

Um... my action log looks a bit strange. The "action" of auto-abandoning an egg is often - but not always - shown before the breeding action. But is it supposed to be like this? So that the order of those actions is random in the log? To be honest, I don't think I ever payed any attention to this before...

actionlog.png.f9ed1bea514a88edea6a10de637d8647.png

(Yes, the grey egg is from Tuhkanharmaa & Sumuharso and the terrae from Korpi-imarre & Seuralainen.)

I think it is because the autoabandon happens basically at the same time as the breeding, so the breed action may not always show first. I have seen it happen like that before.

Ah okay, thanks! It seems a bit counterintuitive to me, that's why I always thought it would show the breed action first. 😸

Shouldn't it say those were auto-abandoned due to egg limits? I have some auto-abandons in my own action log and the link (correctly) takes you to the egg limits page, not the breed limits one.

Oh you're right, that seems a bit misleading, though those links on my log do in fact take me to the egg limits page despite the text.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, 0x08 said:

Try a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R) on the affected page, it might fix it. :)

Thanks for the tip but I already tried that before posting :) It's always my first go to if things like these seemingly stop working :D

Unfortunately that didn't work....

Neither did clearing the cache...

4 minutes ago, Sheriziya said:

Thanks for the tip but I already tried that before posting :) It's always my first go to if things like these seemingly stop working :D

Unfortunately that didn't work....

Neither did clearing the cache...

Ah, I'm sorry! I'm not sure what else to do, then. :(

I'm almost certain it's just my poor internet connection, but... has anyone else had problems with Evina's Draghatch this weekend?

5 hours ago, Tiira said:

I'm almost certain it's just my poor internet connection, but... has anyone else had problems with Evina's Draghatch this weekend?

It has been working okay for me.

Thanks for confirming! Maybe I just needed another reason to hate my internet service provider. 😹

Mobile Users: Since the Encyc update, does anyone else's breeding list look like... this?

Screenshot_20220912_120007.thumb.jpg.dffd05417f984bbda4dea9b6dd22e285.jpg

No clue why the dragons are so big, and I really dislike it, but I wanted to know if anyone else (on mobile at least) is getting this, or it's something on my end.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, 0x08 said:

Ah, I'm sorry! I'm not sure what else to do, then. :(

Thanks for thinking with me anyway! Always appreciated :D
With the encyclopedia now updated, I've noticed it with several more dragons. I've posted it in that thread....

6 hours ago, sugarfreesugar said:

Mobile Users: Since the Encyc update, does anyone else's breeding list look like... this?

Screenshot_20220912_120007.thumb.jpg.dffd05417f984bbda4dea9b6dd22e285.jpg

No clue why the dragons are so big, and I really dislike it, but I wanted to know if anyone else (on mobile at least) is getting this, or it's something on my end.

Several people, including me, have mentioned it in the Unannounced Site Changes thread.

After the Encyclopedia update I was looking for dragons I do not have yet. I have several breeds I don't have yet, but there's only one of which I don't seem to be able to find the name:
The dragon that's, in the encyclopedia, between the Skysilk and the Skywing. Which dragon is that? Thanks for the help!

3 minutes ago, Sheriziya said:

The dragon that's, in the encyclopedia, between the Skysilk and the Skywing. Which dragon is that?

Skystrider! It's a common, biomes are alpine, forest and coast. 

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

Skystrider! It's a common, biomes are alpine, forest and coast. 

Ah, thanks for your help! :)

Is there a minimal number of pairs to summon guardian egg with ice, thunder, and magma (in general)? 

I had more ice than thunder and magma, so caught some more to match the numbers, and now have 4 of each.  However, still have no luck with summoning one. 
Guessing the answer is no, it’s just bad luck, but would still love to know if there’s a generally ‘perceived’ number. 

Had no problem getting a scrourgekeeper  once i had one of each adventure dragons.

3 minutes ago, Eiren said:

Is there a minimal number of pairs to summon guardian egg with ice, thunder, and magma (in general)? 

I had more ice than thunder and magma, so caught some more to match the numbers, and now have 4 of each.  However, still have no luck with summoning one. 
Guessing the answer is no, it’s just bad luck, but would still love to know if there’s a generally ‘perceived’ number. 

Had no problem getting a scrourgekeeper  once i had one of each adventure dragons.

To my knowledge, the ratio of ice:magma:thunder should have no effect on the success rate of the summoning, and there is unfortunately no "minimum number" of summoning attempts before an egg appears. Best of luck!

8 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

To my knowledge, the ratio of ice:magma:thunder should have no effect on the success rate of the summoning, and there is unfortunately no "minimum number" of summoning attempts before an egg appears. Best of luck!

Awww, wish there was an actual number to keep my hopes up! Read the ratio thing in the wiki, so i have no idea whether it’s a proven theory or not. Thanks for the answer! 

27 minutes ago, Eiren said:

Awww, wish there was an actual number to keep my hopes up! Read the ratio thing in the wiki, so i have no idea whether it’s a proven theory or not. Thanks for the answer! 

Supposedly the more complete "sets" you have, the better your chances become. There is, though, no magic number of sets or number of attempts necessary for success. Luck still seems to be the biggest factor.