Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

13 hours ago, trystan said:

i know some of the hatcheries have the banners, what are y'alls favorites?

I use the one from Egg Drop Soup hatchery and it seems to update pretty regularly. It's currently up to date (I still dunno what "Hidden" count is for, because I have 0 hidden creatures right now and it reads `14, but the other totals are all accurate)

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It doesn't seem to update regularly, no. For awhile it was *way* out of date, it's better now but still not a very accurate thing to count on (I'm not sure about the 'check scroll', I'm just going off the inconsistencies I see in the 'scroll records' part). 

thanks! and yeah, that's kinda what i thought.  the records page isn't really current either XD 

10 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I use the one from Egg Drop Soup hatchery and it seems to update pretty regularly.

ah, cool.  i might try that one for a little bit then, thanks!

Probably a silly question, but the wiki doesn't really clarify this. Is there a limit on the number of clicks you can give out per day/week/hour? i.e. if I click on a bunch of dragons from a click site to try and give them clicks, is there a point where my clicks stop counting because I've done too many of them in a certain time span?

3 minutes ago, Caliscurum said:

Probably a silly question, but the wiki doesn't really clarify this. Is there a limit on the number of clicks you can give out per day/week/hour? i.e. if I click on a bunch of dragons from a click site to try and give them clicks, is there a point where my clicks stop counting because I've done too many of them in a certain time span?

It's 15 views per one click. I think... but could be wrong... it's one click per month?

6 minutes ago, Caliscurum said:

There is really no limit to the clicks you can give in general. You can merrily click away to your heart's content in the hatcheries.

But as Lagie says, eggs/hatchies are limited to no more than 15 clicks for each view that they get (not sure if that is total views or unique views).

The one click per month is the maximum per each dragon that can count toward your encyclopedia count.

That makes sense. Mainly I asked because I occasionally noticed that after a couple of clicks, the click count on a dragon I clicked wouldn't update, and I was wondering if it was an intended limit mechanic. But it makes sense that if the dragon didn't have enough views then the click wouldn't count.

somebody quickly tell me how spirit ward sprite cycling works and when and how often they occur

time sensitive question. literally 😩

Edited by sugarfreesugar
wiki has hidden its bounty from me in plain sight

@sugarfreesugar - on the wiki page for the Spirit Ward Dragon, there's a section titled "Color Changing Sequence." click on the "Show/Hide Sequence Chart" text for the times.  pretty sure it's Cave/Eastern Time.

Edited by trystan

7 minutes ago, sugarfreesugar said:

HIDDEN OMG

tysm ❤️

i knew i'd seen the times somewhere before.... so i took a chance and clicked.

like you, i'm an Encyclopedia Completionist, like totally complete.  even the Zombie shadows are filled in. 

Just now, trystan said:

i knew i'd seen the times somewhere before.... so i took a chance and clicked.

like you, i'm an Encyclopedia Completionist, like totally complete.  even the Zombie shadows are filled in. 

thank you for getting me ❤️

6 minutes ago, sugarfreesugar said:

thank you for getting me ❤️

you're quite welcome.

check your PMs in a few....

Hello I'm having a bit of trouble with blue sapphires !

The egg hatched at about 1900 views and than I fogged it and forgot about it until it had 3 days left , The hatch is currently at image.png.932c28fca809075bebdb4272a49fb1d3.pngand just gendered at 37k views. As part ofn

trying to raise a Blue sapphire from a checker lineage with BSapphires, I don't want it to turn yellow but at the same time I don't want it to die ...

Time is your friend.  I would start by making sure it's not in any ER hatcheries.  Most will auto ER.  Allure of Neglected Dragons will not auto ER.  I'd likely wait at least a day more with no additional views as you are closing in on the 4k overall views that will turn it yellow.  The older it is the fewer views it needs to grow up.  Then when I thought about it to just add it to Allure of Neglected Dragons on normal rotation (NOT ER).

On 9/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, trystan said:

is the dcrecords site not up to date?  the purple banner in my signature tells me i have 2018 dragons.  the website itself tells me i have 2029, when in fact, i have 2037 dragons.

is there another stats banner that's a little more current? i know some of the hatcheries have the banners, what are y'alls favorites?

On 9/2/2022 at 12:06 AM, HeatherMarie said:

It doesn't seem to update regularly, no. For awhile it was *way* out of date, it's better now but still not a very accurate thing to count on (I'm not sure about the 'check scroll', I'm just going off the inconsistencies I see in the 'scroll records' part). 

The purple sig banner, though, is usually correct in my experience, though it might lag for a bit if you acquire a lot of new dragons at once.  edit: Nevermind, just looked at mine and it's 30+ off?? When did that happen?

Thanks for the report. I think they should be updating properly now.

They're intentionally not 100% live—the site instructs your browser to cache it for at least a few hours, but they should never be severely out-of-date.

19 hours ago, purplehaze said:

eggs/hatchies are limited to no more than 15 clicks for each view that they get (not sure if that is total views or unique views).

What? No, it's 1 click and 15 regular views per Unique View. Having more clicks than unique views used to make your eggs sick immediately.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

What? No, it's 1 click and 15 regular views per Unique View. Having more clicks than unique views used to make your eggs sick immediately.

OOPS! You are right of course. My bad. I'm surprised no one else called me on that, yet! I knew what I meant, but that was not what I said.

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

Thanks for the report. I think they should be updating properly now.

thanks TJ!

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

I think they should be updating properly now.

Mine seems off somehow. It shows more adults than total dragons and the males + females adds up to yet a higher figure, although I guess that could include the gendered freezies and hatchies.

purplehaze.png

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Mine seems off somehow. It shows more adults than total dragons and the males + females adds up to yet a higher figure, although I guess that could include the gendered freezies and hatchies.

purplehaze.png

Dead dragons (most likely zombies) aren't included in the total but they are included in all of the other numbers.

7 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Dead dragons (most likely zombies) aren't included in the total but they are included in all of the other numbers.

Looks like I have 19 Zombies (some of which are hatchies) and 1 dead dragon. That doesn't account for the differences.