Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

44 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I suspect we will not have one until the end of the month. However, I have mostly cleared my egg spaces "just in case".

My thoughts and actions exactly!

just stumbled upon a western prize from the cave that was still an egg and had around 5 days left, which made me wonder-

do winners have the whole month to pick up their prize egg? i somehow always thought it was time-sensitive and you only get a few days for some reason? XD

1 hour ago, Tiira said:

@milkbun Yes, if you win you can pick up your prize any time before the next raffle.

that's really cool! many raffles i've come across in the past redistribute the prizes if not taken within 24 hours or some arbitrary time frame, so it's really cool it doesnt make people feel like they have to check in every day or feel anxious if egglocked or something like that. nice :)

I've been raising quite a few Zyu these days and they always get sick at 4 or less days without putting in ER ( hatchery ) and stay sick as hatchlings ( that makes me really worried )

Is there a perfect time to put them in the hatcheries without getting them sick ?

They get sick. In my experience they get sick no matter what you do.... :lol:

8 hours ago, ChewyBoba said:

I've been raising quite a few Zyu these days and they always get sick at 4 or less days without putting in ER ( hatchery ) and stay sick as hatchlings ( that makes me really worried )

Is there a perfect time to put them in the hatcheries without getting them sick ?

TBH, not that I've seen.  Most, if not all, of mine have gotten sick.  I suppose if you maybe got them a slow but steady amount of views from the start and ramped it up once they got super critical, but they might be sick as hatchlings then...

The ones I've had that didn't get sick as eggs always end up sick pretty quick after hatching because they just seem to require enough views to hatch that they're sick as hatchlings.

Once they hatch, though, they're pretty hardy even while sick--especially if you fog them within 24 hours of hatching.  I haven't had one die on me from sickness yet, at any rate.

Zyus are very stubborn to hatch; they need so many views that if you incubate them, they're almost guaranteed to get sick if you try to hatch them on time. If you don't want them sick you can wait until 3d16-3d12h instead, but it's fine to let them hatch and fog the hatchlings for a day (although they probably won't die even if you didn't fog them).

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Zyus are very stubborn to hatch; they need so many views that if you incubate them, they're almost guaranteed to get sick if you try to hatch them on time. If you don't want them sick you can wait until 3d16-3d12h instead, but it's fine to let them hatch and fog the hatchlings for a day (although they probably won't die even if you didn't fog them).

5 hours ago, KageSora said:

TBH, not that I've seen.  Most, if not all, of mine have gotten sick.  I suppose if you maybe got them a slow but steady amount of views from the start and ramped it up once they got super critical, but they might be sick as hatchlings then...

The ones I've had that didn't get sick as eggs always end up sick pretty quick after hatching because they just seem to require enough views to hatch that they're sick as hatchlings.

Once they hatch, though, they're pretty hardy even while sick--especially if you fog them within 24 hours of hatching.  I haven't had one die on me from sickness yet, at any rate.

My sick hatchlings never really died , they were just sick

Thanks

Are there special breeding mechanics with Lotaan and/or Lacula dragons? I'm trying my first checker project but so far every pair gives a Lotaan egg. Is that just luck?

2 hours ago, charlie_rdr said:

Are there special breeding mechanics with Lotaan and/or Lacula dragons? I'm trying my first checker project but so far every pair gives a Lotaan egg. Is that just luck?

The Lotaans are relatively new, so they are still trying to catch up to the ratios. It happens like that lots of times with new breeds.

You will eventually get what you need if you are persistent.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The Lotaans are relatively new, so they are still trying to catch up to the ratios. It happens like that lots of times with new breeds.

You will eventually get what you need if you are persistent.

Thanks for taking the time to help :) I didn't know about ratios. 

On drake criteria, no 6 is 'lacks a thumb' 

Does this mean hand/paw thumbs, or wing thumbs? Or both? 

The pseudo wyvern drake looks like it has a wing thumb. 

...did the forum not load for anyone for a few minutes at about 2:12 p.m. Eastern/Cave time? it timed out for me on my Firefox Win7 box, and my Galaxy phone with DuckDuckGo.

and then when i checked it about 2:19 p.m., it had come back.

i'm thinking it was gremlins.

Those gremlins are far reaching. lol. 

It didn't work for me either. 

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Those gremlins are far reaching. lol.

It didn't work for me either. 

silly gremlins.

glad it's back up though!

I've been here for years and just recently learned that thuwed and dorkface are a thing XD Is there any way to easily check if i have one of them on my scroll? Like the inbreeding tool of AoND or something, 'cause the only alternative i see is to manually go over all of my dragons' lineages and see if there is a thuwed. That would be pretty frustrating to do lol help

7 minutes ago, Safira20897 said:

I've been here for years and just recently learned that thuwed and dorkface are a thing XD Is there any way to easily check if i have one of them on my scroll? Like the inbreeding tool of AoND or something, 'cause the only alternative i see is to manually go over all of my dragons' lineages and see if there is a thuwed. That would be pretty frustrating to do lol help

I'm afraid there is no such tool. If your dragons have short lineages, you should be able to tell just by looking at the dragon's lineage link. If they are more than 12 generations then it gets much harder, but you can still look for any that have an ancestor with the Dorkface or Thuwed name and then follow that dragon's lineage back. As far as I know there is no easier way. :(

42 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm afraid there is no such tool. If your dragons have short lineages, you should be able to tell just by looking at the dragon's lineage link. If they are more than 12 generations then it gets much harder, but you can still look for any that have an ancestor with the Dorkface or Thuwed name and then follow that dragon's lineage back. As far as I know there is no easier way. :(

Oh well, guess i'll have something to do in my free time then. Thank you!

What is a Rex code? Occasionally see it requested in trade, but have no idea what it means.