Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Eiren said:

What is a Rex code? Occasionally see it requested in trade, but have no idea what it means. 

Simply a dragon whose code has the letters Rex in it, I'd assume. A lot of people like to gather certain types of codes – for example I have a small collection of codes that contain my DC username.

Edited by Aie

3 hours ago, Eiren said:

What is a Rex code? Occasionally see it requested in trade, but have no idea what it means. 

i agree with @Aie. i'm kinda (but not really) wanting "caren" varient codes, as my real name is Caren.  i do have this caRoN, Caron the Dragon Mistress.  and there's a cAREN in this one's linage: Jengu Carensohn :) 

1 hour ago, Aie said:

Simply a dragon whose code has the letters Rex in it, I'd assume. A lot of people like to gather certain types of codes – for example I have a small collection of codes that contain my DC username.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

i agree with @Aie. i'm kinda (but not really) wanting "caren" varient codes, as my real name is Caren.  i do have this caRoN, Caron the Dragon Mistress.  and there's a cAREN in this one's linage: Jengu Carensohn :) 

oooh, thanks! Wondered if it was some sort of lineage related thing.
Must take time to find these specific codes!

4 minutes ago, Eiren said:

oooh, thanks! Wondered if it was some sort of lineage related thing.

you're welcome!

some people just grab the codes they want.... me, personally, I'm a little picky.  if it's a dragon i'm not a fan of, i won't take the code, even if it IS "Caren" XD 

4 hours ago, trystan said:

you're welcome!

some people just grab the codes they want.... me, personally, I'm a little picky.  if it's a dragon i'm not a fan of, i won't take the code, even if it IS "Caren" XD 

I'd take that on principle! 😄  I'm not bothered about codes, but it's nice when I drop on an egg that has part family names or initials. 🙂

6 hours ago, Quinney said:

I'd take that on principle! 😄  I'm not bothered about codes, but it's nice when I drop on an egg that has part family names or initials. 🙂

fair enough! a lot of people would! but ... i'm weird. XD

kinda strange question and apologies if the answer is obvious:

so, i have two canto eggs: one at 4d16h and another at 6d2h. i want to attempt to get the green ones, but i wanted to wait for the newer one to at least start cracking.

my question is: would fogging the older one be beneficial for this attempt?

edit at Late O’clock: omg i just realized my own answer to this question… i forgot that eggs don’t hatch when fogged, UNLESS it’s hit by earthquake.

excuse me and my brain!

Edited by ednfall

?????

Has anyone noticed this?

Was quite surprised to find my zyu egg turned into paper..

Guessing due to being introduced to a trading menu, there has been a hiccup?

0E0588EF-BBBC-4DD1-AB2F-3CBA0912A3D8.jpeg

0C6DA54B-3128-4538-ACE2-7831F806EDD7.jpeg

Edited by Eiren

11 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Cached images do that sometimes. It'll resolve itself when your cache clears.

Does it happen in trade page also? Just curious, never seem this before, and in my ‘dragons’ full list’ , it appears as normal.

Try searching zyu egg in trade search bar…Only blue zyus appear as paper for me. 

Edit: welp, nvm. After clearing history, everything went back to …normal. But still odd for me, as I haven’t clicked paper egg in ages! Thanks for the quick answer!

Edited by Eiren

So ice eggs became invisible. Clearing Firefox history (including, um, everything that I can select... my browser is in Finnish) didn't change anything, but I bet it's still just me?

iceegg.png.20e676a2dc5cd34cc4433a66bbdef33c.png

iceegg2.png.5e907be15e6e695ee401d0d11eee069c.png

I can't see the egg sprite in its Encyclopaedia entry, either, but the lineage image works fine.

Could it be blocked by your ad blocker? Im not actually sure how to check images, but when they have "ad" in them blockers usually remove them. 

Images have their own rotating codes; it will be an ad-blocker thing that will settle down when the code changes again.

Ah that could explain it! Actually, I now remember someone had a similar question not so long ago... I'll see if the egg sprite becomes visible again after a while. 😸 Thanks!

Do nebula eggs sort true? I quit breeding them ages ago out of frustration, but I picked up a pretty ap find that sorts with the right color, so I'm tempted to keep it.

33 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Do nebula eggs sort true?

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Eggs don't, I believe; hatchies do.

can confirm what Fuzz says.  i no longer bother to sort the eggs.  i wait until they hatch.  they they sort true.

Odd question, but:

Which of these breeds are considered more common than a Waterhorse: 

(Or just rank them from most common to least common)

* Siyat 

* Coastal Waverunner

* Tetra

* Tsunami Wyvern (these used to be rare, but now seem quite common)

* Water Walker

* Waterhorse (I'm including it because if we are ranking for most to least common, I'm trying to determine where it falls)

Thanks in advance. My goal is to breed a Waterhorse with one of these other breeds and to successfully get a Waterhorse. :) 
There may not be a real answer to this question if they are equally as common as a Waterhorse.)

is the dcrecords site not up to date?  the purple banner in my signature tells me i have 2018 dragons.  the website itself tells me i have 2029, when in fact, i have 2037 dragons.

is there another stats banner that's a little more current? i know some of the hatcheries have the banners, what are y'alls favorites?

@missy_ Regarding breeding, I'd say Tsunami is definitely less common than Waterhorse. I don't know about the others, but siyat is newer and the rest are unpopular, so they may be around the same rarity? Coastal waverunner may be slightly less common due to being a hybrid parent species.

5 hours ago, missy_ said:

Odd question, but:

* Siyat 

* Coastal Waverunner

* Tetra

* Water Walker

* Waterhorse (I'm including it because if we are ranking for most to least common, I'm trying to determine where it falls)

Thanks in advance. My goal is to breed a Waterhorse with one of these other breeds and to successfully get a Waterhorse. :) 
There may not be a real answer to this question if they are equally as common as a Waterhorse.)

If it helps I just bred waterhorse to coastal wave runner and got a waterhorse, BUT of that pairing I have almost equal numbers when it comes to offspring. 

The siyat is definitely more uncommon, and probably the tsunami too, and I don't really see a lot of tetras coming through the AP, so waverunner and waterwalker are probably most common, IMO

Edited by Tawanda001

Thank you both! I will probably try the Tsunami Wyvern and maybe take a chance on the Coastal Waverunner as well.

10 hours ago, missy_ said:

Odd question, but:

* Siyat 

* Coastal Waverunner

* Tetra

* Water Walker

I can't really say in terms of breeding, but based on hunting extensively in the coast for a few breeds...

I'd say this is how I'd rank those from most to least, ones seprated by a "/" are ones I note with roughly equal frequency

• Waterhorse
  • Coastal Waverunner / Water Walker
  • Siyat / Tetra
  • Tsunami Wyvern

that might not reflect their breeding rates, though--some of them tend to sit there for a lot longer than others.  Tetras seem to sit longer than some of of the others despite showing up less often that I see, so that's a thing to think about as well.

Edited by KageSora

7 hours ago, trystan said:

is the dcrecords site not up to date?  the purple banner in my signature tells me i have 2018 dragons.  the website itself tells me i have 2029, when in fact, i have 2037 dragons.

is there another stats banner that's a little more current? i know some of the hatcheries have the banners, what are y'alls favorites?

It doesn't seem to update regularly, no. For awhile it was *way* out of date, it's better now but still not a very accurate thing to count on (I'm not sure about the 'check scroll', I'm just going off the inconsistencies I see in the 'scroll records' part). 

The purple sig banner, though, is usually correct in my experience, though it might lag for a bit if you acquire a lot of new dragons at once.  edit: Nevermind, just looked at mine and it's 30+ off?? When did that happen?

Edited by HeatherMarie