Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If you use a direct link to get into a biome you can still navigate from those pages to go to different ones, it appears to only be broken from the main cave page.

If you use a direct link to get into a biome you can still navigate from those pages to go to different ones, it appears to only be broken from the main cave page.

You can still click the map, too.

biome links appear to be fixed now. or at least they are working for me and they weren't earlier.

biome links appear to be fixed now. or at least they are working for me and they weren't earlier.

They seem to be working now for me too!

Is there a reason behind this recent need to change the way everything has always been? The lack of a winter raffle, the horrible new layout (and I say horrible even after giving myself more than a month to adjust; it looks lopsided and is aesthetically unpleasant), and now doing away with the autofill data for BSAs?

I'm seriously considering leaving permanently at this point because the site is going in a direction that is making me miserable every time I try to convince myself to play. At this point I'm literally just logging on, grabbing some random eggs out of the biomes, throwing them in EATW, and then totally ignoring the site for a few days.

I know I'm not the only one who's considering it either, as a few of my friends have shared similar sentiments about at least one of the changes.

Sure, I'm happy we're having more frequent dragon releases, but what's the use if the site becomes clunky and unpleasant to view?

Is there a reason behind this recent need to change the way everything has always been?

I'm sorry, but what kind of answer do you expect to get here? DC's been around for nearly a decade. Things are bound to change, particularly when staying stagnant is boring, which, yeah, users have and do complain about. If you're looking to request change, the place to do that is in Suggestions, where a layout thread already exists.

Is there a reason behind this recent need to change the way everything has always been? The lack of a winter raffle, the horrible new layout (and I say horrible even after giving myself more than a month to adjust; it looks lopsided and is aesthetically unpleasant), and now doing away with the autofill data for BSAs?

I suspect there's more to the lack of raffle than meets the eye. It would be the perfect intro for the store idea, and DC's birthday is in about a week.

The layout is pretty bad but TJ's made some tweaks to it, so it's not as bad anymore. The rest is fixable with a bit of Greasemonkey and tlc.

I would suggest waiting before complaining too much about the autofill data. Nobody's quite sure what's up but the issue was only reported a day or two ago, so TJ hasn't had much time to respond to it if it's actually a glitch. See if it's still a problem in, say, a week.

I'm seriously considering leaving permanently at this point because the site is going in a direction that is making me miserable every time I try to convince myself to play. At this point I'm literally just logging on, grabbing some random eggs out of the biomes, throwing them in EATW, and then totally ignoring the site for a few days.

I know I'm not the only one who's considering it either, as a few of my friends have shared similar sentiments about at least one of the changes.

Sure, I'm happy we're having more frequent dragon releases, but what's the use if the site becomes clunky and unpleasant to view?

The raffle wasn't always around, heck the first year we had prizes it was a contest. But it was ALWAYS a major drama-fest. I honestly, don't know that I want it to come back. Lots of mixed feelings. ;/

Layout design has changed many times and been updated. the newest version is still receiving updates/tweaks to get the bugs out, so it's too early to complain.

and I honestly can not understand the problem with the auto-fill. I have mine set to password and I never let any site "remember my password for me" So I have to type it in every, single time. Why is this such a big deal? And even if it is, it's only been a couple days. It could be an accident or a test to see how it affects the site.

I'm sorry you're no longer having fun. Maybe a new lineage project could get you interested again? There is also nothing wrong with taking a holiday. We would be sorry to see you go, but the community is always happy to welcome members back, and get them caught up, after a hiatus. smile.gif

I'm sorry, but what kind of answer do you expect to get here? DC's been around for nearly a decade. Things are bound to change, particularly when staying stagnant is boring, which, yeah, users have and do complain about. If you're looking to request change, the place to do that is in Suggestions, where a layout thread already exists.

To be fair, what I very much don't like lately is that increasingly things work on mobile that don't on lappie/pc. It all seems to be getting more and more mobile skewed, and I very much mind that. The new layout is ok on mobile, but not on pc; the incave links referred to worked fine on mobile, and so on. Were it not that my pc here is dead, I would not fully have realised that. But I am NOT enjoying this period when I am stuck playing on my tablet. sad.gif I cannot tell you how much I look forward to the new lappie I just ordered...

Eta I would like to think that the raffles have ended for ever because of all the sniping and gripes of "no fair that I didn't win."

Edited by fuzzbucket

Let's assume the following:

- you are 99.9% sure that someone is using two forum profiles, "AAA" and "BBB" (not real usernames)

- lately only profile "BBB" is active on trades and the scroll used for those trades is named "BBB" as well

- a friend, aware of the multi-profile, PMs you saying that she received and accepted a trade offer from a scroll named "AAA"

- both scrolls, "AAA" and "BBB", are hidden

Question: should this be reported as multiscrolling or just forgotten as a coincidence?

Let's assume the following:

- you are 99.9% sure that someone is using two forum profiles, "AAA" and "BBB" (not real usernames)

- lately only profile "BBB" is active on trades and the scroll used for those trades is named "BBB" as well

- a friend, aware of the multi-profile, PMs you saying that she received and accepted a trade offer from a scroll named "AAA"

- both scrolls, "AAA" and "BBB", are hidden

Question: should this be reported as multiscrolling or just forgotten as a coincidence?

Report it. Mods can look further in depth into things like this than you can.

Super minor probably-a-bug: The site icon for the site on the Portal 2 Dark skin is a blue dragon head on a black background. So far, so good. The site icon for lineage views on the Portal 2 Dark skin is the red egg, though.

(I don't mind! It helps differentiating tabs which otherwise just read "Dragon". tongue.gif But I suspect it's not intentional.)

Major probably a bug - in the mobile layout, half the links on the left aren't active. I couldn't get here that way, and it kept offering me the help page as one of the two working links. The other was log out - and I got that while trying to get back to my scroll. Surprise. Log in didn't work and I had to use the desktop layout to log back in.....

Major probably a bug - in the mobile layout, half the links on the left aren't active. I couldn't get here that way, and it kept offering me the help page as one of the two working links. The other was log out - and I got that while trying to get back to my scroll. Surprise. Log in didn't work and I had to use the desktop layout to log back in.....

I'm on iPhone 6 and they're all working fine for me.

So on the Dragon's View page with the new layout, when you hover over "Overall Views" and "Unique Views" it brings up a little blue box explaining it. My question is, is there supposed to be one for "Clicks"? Not that I really need it, but it's just curiosity asking xd.png

If you click on this egg http://dragcave.net/lineage/nE1XC you will see that it has a huge hole already. Is it normal for eggs 6+ to already have that?? blink.gif

It has 6 and 2 hours left. Found in AP

Eggs gain an hour when they go to the AP. That size hole isn't that unnatural for a 5 day egg.

Eggs gain an hour when they go to the AP. That size hole isn't that unnatural for a 5 day egg.

Ohhhh. Thanks. I get it. smile.gif

Need help with a trade question. I was wondering if a copper and a two headed lindwurm were worth about the same? One of the only dragons I need is a purple lindwurm and would like to trade my copper for one, but I'm afraid a copper is worth too much/too little. I'm talking about cave borns, btw.

Need help with a trade question. I was wondering if a copper and a two headed lindwurm were worth about the same? One of the only dragons I need is a purple lindwurm and would like to trade my copper for one, but I'm afraid a copper is worth too much/too little. I'm talking about cave borns, btw.

Question about a trade: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=109066

Please take your question there. ^^

Based on your experience, until when can we breed to the AP, without risking to have offsprings dying there? Needless to say, I'm thinking about the birthday festivities that should start on Saturday at 00:00 AM, unless I'm missing something.

Just wondering about the Celestials

yes they deliver multiple eggs...but has anyone ever gotten anything other than a Celestial egg from cross breeding?