Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm having a similar problem with all of the (early) descriptions where I used two spaces after a period. I suspect that removing the extra space and resubmitting the description would take care of the problem, but I'm waiting until the approval process speeds up so I don't burden some mod with a few hundred descriptions at once.

I'm having a similar problem with all of the (early) descriptions where I used two spaces after a period. I suspect that removing the extra space and resubmitting the description would take care of the problem, but I'm waiting until the approval process speeds up so I don't burden some mod with a few hundred descriptions at once.

I have the same problem since I got the new layout and I NEVER used double spaces sad.gif

So it's probably no that.

On my descriptions, when I got the new lookup, all quotation marks turned into " I made a thread about it once and we decided it was just the new lookup, not the descriptions itself, and a mod (I think Sock) said they were going to tell TJ about it.

As long as I'm here, when exactly is DC's birthday? I forget the exact date.

I have the same problem since I got the new layout and I NEVER used double spaces sad.gif

So it's probably no that.

I had it for a while when the new layout arrived. It fixed itself briefly and has now unfixed itself. huh.gif

I had it for a while when the new layout arrived. It fixed itself briefly and has now unfixed itself. huh.gif

I am told by the admin of another forum that it is a font recognition thing, and if tj toggles it, anything you typed while it was borked will have to be edited when it gets fixed...

Yeah, at this point, I suggest editing and re-submitting.

I know everyone is really wary of waiting for approval, but remember that descriptions are changed a bit on the new layout, so I think you'll be satisfied if you resubmit.

but remember that descriptions are changed a bit on the new layout, so I think you'll be satisfied if you resubmit.

They are? You mean the "User Description" above or something else?

I currently CAN'T VIEW my dragons with approved descriptions. The page just loads to white (except my described zombie hatchies for some reason, which load, but without the description). Not sure if that is related to the new 'view pending descriptions setting mucking things up or not, but thought I'd mention it since people seem to be having issues with descriptions recently.

I can still get into actions OK however, and even the description page; it is just the view page itself which isn't working.

Could you provide some links so we can see if we also have an issue with your dragons? I'll go check my own as well.

EDIT: I can't see mine either. I'll report.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

fwiw I can view others' dragons with approved descriptions. No idea if it's a self-descriptions-only issue as I have no descriptions.

Yo~ Looks like dragons aren't gaining views on /user pages. Or at all, really.

I've checked by refreshing on my user page (nope) on a friend's scroll (nope) and by shoving everything in hatcheries and waiting a couple minutes. Still at 1 unique view and overall view each. They did get a click from me though, if clicks weren't already capped.

Not really a question, but more, "If you haven't noticed in the excitement of new dragons..." comment. I suppose.

Yo~ Looks like dragons aren't gaining views on /user pages. Or at all, really.

I've checked by refreshing on my user page (nope) on a friend's scroll (nope) and by shoving everything in hatcheries and waiting a couple minutes. Still at 1 unique view and overall view each. They did get a click from me though, if clicks weren't already capped.

Not really a question, but more, "If you haven't noticed in the excitement of new dragons..." comment. I suppose.

Already reported. Mine didn't even get a unique view from me, lol.

Able to see both with no issues.

There was a very brief 502 Bad Gateway outage a moment ago. I wonder if your blip is related to that.

Heard from TJ. He fixed it faster than I even reported it, lol!

Already reported. Mine didn't even get a unique view from me, lol.

Alright then, thanks!

I'm not in a huge rush to hatch eggs, so I'll just check back in a bit to see if it's fixed. (Just figured I should say it in case everyone was thinking "I'm sure it's been reported already.")

The messed up letters etc in descriptions are gone and it all looks good. Hopefully true for everyone else too.

However, clicks are not registering right now. laugh.gif

Edited by ainisarie

Are the new backgrounds in the biomes already? I can't see them. Anyone else having this issue?

Are the new backgrounds in the biomes already? I can't see them. Anyone else having this issue?

What skin are you using? I saw someone in news mention they weren't on default and didn't have the new art.

Will the old Pinks / new Arias retain the ability to breed BSA pinks?

And, yay, they're influenceable! biggrin.gif

And did the frills get a new egg description?

Okay, found the answer to the last one. The description is still the same.

Edited by olympe

Will the old Pinks / new Arias retain the ability to breed BSA pinks?

My guess is no. They are their own species now that can breed their own eggs. However, we will have to keep track of people breeding theirs to find out for sure. I bred my cb earlier and got another aria.