Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Also, the tombstone message used to show up when I’d try and view lineages or other people’s scrolls, and on its own (I never cleared cookies or cache) has migrated to the name function. I can still type in a name, but when I press the “Name your Hatchling” button it tombstones

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did you manually seek out the DC cookies (usually three) and delete them PERSONALLY ? That helped others....

Yea, and nothing changed. There was one cookie that wouldn’t manually delete itself (I must’ve tried at least over ten times manually to rid of it, and a few times just hitting the “clear history” button) and it popped back up each time I opened back up my history (dragon cave was never open while clearing it, so I guess that could’ve been a corrupted one). It disappeared from the historyonce I cleared out the cache

I cleared my cache and deleted all cookies. I'm still having the same issues as @Seaviper. Can't name anything, can't use BSAs, can't group new dragons. 

I ended up updating one of my devices, and I can now name hatchlings and use BSA’s without getting a tombstone! Not sure how that fixed the problem, but apparently it did.

Now I just hope that it hasn’t targeted something else and I haven’t realized it yet

Has anyone else had the main site's Notification Bell disappear on mobile site access? I did try typing in the word "notification" in the forum's search engine to see if anyone's posted about this issue recently, before posting This myself. I'm on Google Chrome on a Moto G4 Play Android smartphone. I've cleared my cookies, my history, deleted All my old bookmarks, cleared my phone's caches using CCleaner. Did I miss an update about it? *Lost look*

21 minutes ago, Kenoma said:

Has anyone else had the main site's Notification Bell disappear on mobile site access? I did try typing in the word "notification" in the forum's search engine to see if anyone's posted about this issue recently, before posting This myself. I'm on Google Chrome on a Moto G4 Play Android smartphone. I've cleared my cookies, my history, deleted All my old bookmarks, cleared my phone's caches using CCleaner. Did I miss an update about it? *Lost look*

It disappears when you haven't had a notification for a while. It will reappear the next time you get one.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

It disappears when you haven't had a notification for a while. It will reappear the next time you get one.

Oh. I'd never had it do that. 🤦‍♀️ I'm sorry. Thank you 😁

Loading the breeding page (mates list) and loading the fertility page often ends in blank pages for me today.

Just me or not just me?

Since Pygmy breeding pages (with a lot fewer dragons than the standard breedables) haven't had the problem so far, I suspect it's because of the number of dragons.

Do I really have too many dragons now? :P

2 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Loading the breeding page (mates list) and loading the fertility page often ends in blank pages for me today.

Just me or not just me?

Since Pygmy breeding pages (with a lot fewer dragons than the standard breedables) haven't had the problem so far, I suspect it's because of the number of dragons.

I have had the same issue for the last few hours.

I was getting the same thing last night when trying to add dragons to a group from within the group. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I blamed my overloaded laptop, but if others are having the same problem it must be a DC issue.

2 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Just me or not just me?

I have been having trouble with trying to breed my Hollies. It happened last night, and still not working this morning.  I get this message:

This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

I tried a different dragon last night, and I got the breeding page. Nothing this morning.

Edited by PrincessLucy

I'me getting quite a few nginx messages that settle after a few refreshes.

24 minutes ago, twol8sue said:

The trading hub is a little messed up, some of the trades from the left side are stretched over to the right side. 

Seems to be only one trader's trades that are affected and they all have 4 eggs/hatchies offered.

2 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

I tried a different dragon last night, and I got the breeding page. Nothing this morning.

That's the same message I was getting. And am getting today sometimes. I just tried custom sorting my scroll, took 3 tries to get it to load, then when I went to save it I got the same message -- although it actually did save the new order! Breeding has also sporadically brought up that page, but works sometimes.

Just to confirm, an egg that dies because of time running out does *not* take up a space for 24 hours, correct?

edit: Also, if an egg dies, when the shell disappears does it disappear from the parent's progeny/children info?

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Just to confirm, an egg that dies because of time running out does *not* take up a space for 24 hours, correct?

Correct! :) 

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Also, if an egg dies, when the shell disappears does it disappear from the parent's progeny/children info?

I think it does disappear, yeah.

I am getting the tombstone message now, and I can't get into the IRC. It keeps disconnecting. 

I have Windows 8, I think.

Thanks @Tears in Rain

One more question: When breeding CB blue Baikala to CB green Baikala, what determines the color of egg you get? Is it totally random, or does it depend on mother's color, father's color, or something else? The wiki doesn't say anything specifically about Baikala/Baikala breeding, though this 'Male Baikala x any CB female dragon = Egg color of its mother's biome.' makes it sound like my female CB blue and male CB green should not have produced the green that it did... 

Well, whatever determines the colour, they seem to pick one and stick with it.

Green lady and blue gent: green baby https://dragcave.net/progeny/Z6jxK

Blue lady and green gent: green babies https://dragcave.net/progeny/ZWqCC

Blue lady and green gent: blue babies https://dragcave.net/progeny/zudz5
Blue lady and two green gents (both Forest): blue babies from one and green from the other mate https://dragcave.net/progeny/BzWfI

Blue lady and Split from Jungle: green babies https://dragcave.net/progeny/PoOuP

Duotone lady from Forest and blue gent: green babies https://dragcave.net/progeny/j2oUs

I got the this page isn't working http error 500 on custom sort again today.  Like yesterday I was able to convince the silly thing to work with a hard refresh on the error page.  Though today it's giving me the http error 500 page on saving.  This time a normal refresh put things the way they should but it's slow, very slow (page loading).

I've been unable to sort my dragons for two days now and my scroll is getting pretty messy.  Nothing seems to help.  :(

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Stormcaller Try on a different device or in a different web browser? People have been reporting corrupted cookies.

Thanks for your reply, Dragon_Arbock. I'd already tried using both IE and Chrome on my desktop but hadn't thought to use a different device.  Your idea seemed like a good one so I tried it on my laptop using IE and Edge.  I've still had no luck. Sometimes I get the "The website cannot display the page" message and other times I get the tombstone.  I've repeatedly cleared my SSL slate and deleted my cookies so it doesn't seem like either of those things should be the problem.