Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm actually not. If I GET one, that's what counts :)

But if you want more than one, paying a lower price means less time to wait to get the next. And I want at least two! 

11 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Does anyone remember if the male "Old Sprite" of the Purple Dragon was ever in-cave, and if so, until when?

latest?cb=20120521211527

(Asking for https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/184423-the-release-history-of-dragon-cave-spiral/.)

I have never seen that sprite before and I am fairly certain that I had male Purples as soon as they were available.

Not that I've ever seen. I swear I would remember it.

The thing is, I do remember it. But I don't know where I remember it from. It might just have been from the thread where potential dimorphism was discussed (I forgot what it was called, 'La Femme Draconis Project' or something along those lines?). That combined with the wiki confusingly calling that sprite an "Old Sprite" is what's throwing me off. XD

Thanks for the info, though! I'll mark that down as a thing that didn't happen, then. ❤️

That sprite was the one published in the "la femme project", which widely introduced dimorphism to DC. But it never became an offical sprite, the male purple has always looked the way it does now.

9 minutes ago, olympe said:

That sprite was the one published in the "la femme project", which widely introduced dimorphism to DC. But it never became an offical sprite, the male purple has always looked the way it does now.

❤️ Ooh! Thank you for resolving this! I'm glad I'm not going completely insane. @_@ (I was starting to doubt that thread had even existed, my trust in my memory is so low these days. T_T)

How long do new breeds usually stay extremely common? I've been trying to breed a Kyanite from a Kyanite x Pipio pairing for months now with several pairs yet I haven't gotten even one. As such, I would like to know how long it takes for the rates to become more even so that it'd actually be possible for new breeds to make checkers with other non-holiday breeds.

I feel your pain. IT will be AGES, if cassares are anything to go by. That's the same combo I'm trying to breed a kyanite from :( (and mine are mid lineage, so no switching out.)

This is one of the big problems breeders have with the ratios as they stand. Sometimes it can take a year or more for things to settle down. The more people breed the offending breed, the quicker it balances out, but people who want to breed checkers are not motivated to breed those dragons until they do balance out! See the problem there? 

Yeah I see, that's a shame. Using new breeds in checker breeding would look so much more appealing to me if the ratios would balance out after a certain time like let's say, two to three months. Oh well, I suppose I just have to wait and hope for the best then.

1 hour ago, Nagapie said:

I've been trying to breed a Kyanite from a Kyanite x Pipio pairing for months now with several pairs yet I haven't gotten even one.

What you can do is breed all your OTHER Pipios as well (to the older Pygmy breeds) every time. It won't work immediately for your specific pair, but eventually, you'll make a dent into the ratios big enough to get your Kyanite.

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

What you can do is breed all your OTHER Pipios as well (to the older Pygmy breeds) every time. It won't work immediately for your specific pair, but eventually, you'll make a dent into the ratios big enough to get your Kyanite.

Makes sense. I'll keep breeding them then and hopefully that'll eventually help fix the numbers.

Edited by Nagapie

Something random out of sheer curiosity - when can you start applying for a new raffle? Is it always 12:01 AM on the first - meaning the moment the new month comes around?

22 minutes ago, olympe said:

Something random out of sheer curiosity - when can you start applying for a new raffle? Is it always 12:01 AM on the first - meaning the moment the new month comes around?

I think it's as soon as the previous one is complete. Never been up for the actual time to know for sure the exact time.

As soon as you get that message "sorry, you were not selected."

Do we know how the market works regarding Dorsals and Ridgewings? Is there a small chance to get an alt instead of the regular egg?

Also what's the maximum amount of shards one could have, including this week's 100? Providing they started collecting right away, never missed a week and never bought anything?

3 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

Do we know how the market works regarding Dorsals and Ridgewings? Is there a small chance to get an alt instead of the regular egg?

I faintly recall someone happily announcing that they got an alt from the Market, even though it always displays the regular version on the market shelf.

3 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

Also what's the maximum amount of shards one could have, including this week's 100? Providing they started collecting right away, never missed a week and never bought anything?

I *think* it should be 3600 - I spent 500 and will be at 3100 as soon as I fill up this week's bar.

22 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

18 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I *think* it should be 3600 - I spent 500 and will be at 3100 as soon as I fill up this week's bar.

3600 is right :) I never bought something and filled up my bar every week. This week I will be at 3600 once my bar is filled.

Does anyone know what is going on? I'm trying to name my dragons and I keep getting the error notification and the names aren't staying on the dragons. The names are not violating any cave terms and they are also available so I'm not sure what's happening. :( 

24 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Does anyone know what is going on? I'm trying to name my dragons and I keep getting the error notification and the names aren't staying on the dragons. The names are not violating any cave terms and they are also available so I'm not sure what's happening. :( 

Are you still having this problem? I'm able to name just fine. Do you perhaps have some punctuation or spaces at the beginning or end of the name? 

Also, if you are using apostrophes, make sure your device doesn't change them to "smart punctuation" thingies. Google can tell you how to turn that off.

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Same exact problem here, I’ve tried to name my dragons but the tombstone message keeps popping up. And none of the characters contain “smart punctuation” things for the names, and even if it does then the page just rejects the name, not tombstones.

Do you use Safari? That’s the browser I’ve been having issues on, no matter how many times I’ve cleaned out the cookies or the cache.

Did you manually seek out the DC cookies (usually three) and delete them PERSONALLY ? That helped others....